Is Gamepass hurting multiplatform game sales? *RE8 bombs on Xbox*

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you think my backlog never gets chipped away at? Or I have it all purchased and ready to load up on ps4, ps5 Xbox360 Xbox1 and series x?:stopitslime:

Part of the reason backlog grows is because, A) time, B) I gotta purchase it, C) I'd have to load it on its respective console, D) lack of quick back and forth access...

Gamepass eliminates pretty much all those.
I still have a dishonored 2 quick saved that I can hop back in at any given moment load up super fast and be right where I left on, stop and hop back on whatever else I'm playing and then instantly resume again.

My back log isn't just Xbox it's playstation pc and switch. Ironically enough the switch does the second best job at handling back log.

The ps4 use to be pretty great with it too
:unimpressed:

You forgot to say, "if you order now you can get 12 months for the price of SIX!" at the end of your post.

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
No it’s not. Everyone had they preference, so nobody is soley relying on gamepass. Everyone is purchasing stuff that interest them immediately. Like I said earlier no madden or 2k fans waiting for it to come on streaming service, so it’s just a enhancement on whatever you already fukk.

like i said in my first post, all my thoughts here are for what i figured the point of gamepass is from a consumer perspective

at the end of the day you do what you want with your money, if thats how you’d like to play then by all means enjoy

for me i use gamepass in the way i described

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's the second biggest week one for a boxed Xbox Series game, too, behind Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. It is already No.3 on the all-time Xbox Series list, behind Call of Duty and Immortals Fenyx Rising.

However, it's not got close to the sales of previous Resident Evil games. Sales are down over 25% compared with the launch of Resident Evil 2: Remake (released in 2019) and almost 40% down compared with 2017's Resident Evil 7. It did sell better than last year's Resident Evil 3 Remake, with launch sales 76% higher.

Of course, this is just physical sales, and digital has accelerated significantly over the past 18 months. Considering the game's popularity on Steam, it is likely the game will have achieved strong results once the digital data comes in later this week.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Is it really that serious that people enjoy the Gamepass? Clearly its a lane that works for the developers particularly the small ones and the consumers who don't have the shelf space or don't want shell out big money for one game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not at all
tenor.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thinks it’s fair to say it bombed on Xbox digital too. Nice spin attempt though :mjlol:
Why?? just cause you said so??

It “bombed” in these sales y’all posted in this thread. How y’all extrapolate any meaningful conclusions from the obviously incomplete info is only based on your stan desires not reality.

Do better Sony dudes :cheers:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Why?? just cause you said so??

It “bombed” in these sales y’all posted in this thread. How y’all extrapolate any meaningful conclusions from the obviously incomplete info is only based on your stan desires not reality.

Do better Sony dudes :cheers:
No because you rather play 7 year old games on gamepass