Is Gamepass hurting multiplatform game sales? *RE8 bombs on Xbox*

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Corporations don’t close divisions that don’t make money, huh? :mjpls:
Don’t seem like Microsoft is willing to. They loss a lot of money during rrod, lost lots money last gen with the system tanking and kenect tanking also.

Microsoft is all in on game pass and Xbox eco system. And I don’t care if they tanking, they giving me the best deals. That’s all i care about

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Don’t seem like Microsoft is willing to. They loss a lot of money during rrod, lost lots money last gen with the system tanking and kenect tanking also.

Microsoft is all in on game pass and Xbox eco system. And I don’t care if they tanking, they giving me the best deals. That’s all i care about

Thats not what iiiiiiii heard.

Spencer: Microsoft almost abandoned Xbox brand after the Xbox One launch

Microsoft isn’t against the idea of bushing the xbox division. They just giving it a lifeline to get their cloud gaming service off the ground.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
be all over the place brehs :mjlol:

How are those contradicting statements? Once again your little out of context quoting fails you again.

The vast majority of RE8 sold on ps5= facts

The next best selling platform was the ps4 = facts

It sold less than the ps4 on both xbox platforms = big facts

I never once said it didn’t sell on last gen hardware, I’ve only said it didn’t sell great on any xbox hardware.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly if I had Gamepass I wouldn't buy any games, I would just wait for them to show up on GP.

The shyt is, they know thats what they’re doing. They literally parrot it everyday, “I’m gonna wait for it to be on gamepass, i hope its gamepass day 1, ooooo man i hope phil brings this to gamepass, I’m not paying full price for games like sony stans”

But now thats its not working in their favor they want to backpedal on it. :francis:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Honestly if I had Gamepass I wouldn't buy any games, I would just wait for them to show up on GP.
There’s a lot of people who feel this way and even go as far as feeling entitled to every new game being on Gamepass so they don’t have to pay for it. I don’t know if that’s a good or a bad thing honestly. But it’s definitely something to look at.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
PS5 has EA Access now. Just sayin. But I guess if u add the service the price evens out.
Yea but if you look up above you see a clear cut way where game pass is cheaper. And it’s not like it’s a hidden method. Microsoft literally was promoting this method and add into ea cause no price hike. And for some reason fight night is still only available thru ea access on Xbox

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I reality if someone is willing to wait for years until something comes to game pass they wasn’t gonna cop the game anyway. Game pass just give people who didn’t really have interest in a game a chance to try it out. Developers might game themselves a fanbase after that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I reality if someone is willing to wait for years until something comes to game pass they wasn’t gonna cop the game anyway. Game pass just give people who didn’t really have interest in a game a chance to try it out. Developers might game themselves a fanbase after that.

Which is why sony gonna end up with more timed exclusivity deals, because if the market on xbox is conditioned to wait for gamepass deals anyway, they gonna just wait the extra year or two regardless.

For example if FF7 remake comes out multiplatform, it does 80-89% on PlayStation, the 10-20% of it’s sales is easily covered by the timed exclusivity/marketing deal and since the majority of xbox fans don’t play games like that anyway they got no problem waiting until it eventually comes to gamepass.

Even Yakuza Like a Dragon had next gen exclusivity on series x/s deal and it still greatly outsold the xbox on ps4. People on xbox just aren’t interested in japanese games

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yea but if you look up above you see a clear cut way where game pass is cheaper. And it’s not like it’s a hidden method. Microsoft literally was promoting this method and add into ea cause no price hike. And for some reason fight night is still only available thru ea access on Xbox
I mean I have had a gamepass subscription basically since it started on Xbox One so I’m not hating. I just don’t have a problem purchasing games I like either as I know that helps the studios keep the quality games coming. But thing with me is I use game pass as a secondary thing. Not as my main line of gaming. I used it because I also game on PC. It gives me access certain games on PC and it also lets me play older games or games I wouldn’t have purchased in the first place. I have vouched for it when it comes to that from the beginning. I never copped a Series X cause I don’t really feel the need. I have a high end gaming PC which gets newer Gamepass games, and a One X for those old games Gamepass offers. So I’m not really missing anything at this point. Which is why I only went PS5 this gen instead of both like I usually do.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine bragging about paying 15 dollars a month to play games 3 years after they launch and pretending they’re free so you feel better about waiting mad long for it. By the time most games come to gamepass they greatest hits specials, probably been ran through on PS PLus etc.

Capcom about to be the new pass around:mjlit:

I guess you would have plenty of extra time to play games waiting on hyped up games and 1st party exclusives year round.

:ehh:

There isn't enough time in the week for me to catch up with backlog, play the games I like, and play all the new releases at launch

Thankfully gamepass provides an alternative to that, and not only that it's enhanced most times also :banderas:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Which is why sony gonna end up with more timed exclusivity deals, because if the market on xbox is conditioned to wait for gamepass deals anyway, they gonna just wait the extra year or two regardless.

For example if FF7 remake comes out multiplatform, it does 80-89% on PlayStation, the 10-20% of it’s sales is easily covered by the timed exclusivity/marketing deal and since the majority of xbox fans don’t play games like that anyway they got no problem waiting until it eventually comes to gamepass.

Even Yakuza Like a Dragon had next gen exclusivity on series x/s deal and it still greatly outsold the xbox on ps4. People on xbox just aren’t interested in japanese games
The point you my understanding of the devs already knew that those people who waiting on game pass wasn’t gonna cop either way. So they not counting those dollars. And they know the user based on said consoles and they aren’t PlayStation stans and can do basic math.

If I have 10 cookies I have 2 groups of kids, one group has 7 members and the other group has 3 I’m gonna expect group with the 7 members to buy more cookies.

I’m not gonna account for the less sales from the 2nd group cause they can get them free once they stale, I’m gonna account for the less sales cause they have less users trying to buy. So unless they gonna discontinue making games for Xbox cause they user base never gonna be on par with PlayStation this times exclusive shyt you saying will never a thing.

long as it sells on par % wise to the user base I’m sure the pleased. And when the game is old they can release it on game pass to another base who can try the game and when they release another that base gonna have people become fans of the series and buy it on release