Is eating out cheaper than cooking at home every day in 2022?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
That’s hilarious lol. Man you can get a bag of fries and a couple burgers for the price of a McDonald’s meal these days, imagine buying something like 5 guys. How could eating out be cheaper?

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
That's what I do, I buy a bunch chicken and fish and a couple of steaks and a bunch of veggies and that gets me through about 2-3 weeks before I stock back up and do it again. I only buy food out on the weekend if I don't have any leftovers from thursday or friday to eat or if I wanna treat myself.

I cook to last about 3-4 days before I cook again
plus i dont even eat rice like that anymore so not having to constantly grab them expensive bags saves me a ton :wow:

now most of my meals are just veggies and a meat. I'll even double up on the veggies now just to keep me full :russ:

I cop fish steaks anytime i get fish and the one serving itself be filling sometimes
How to Cook Salmon Steaks - House of Nash Eats

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
it really depends on the size of ur family.

for instance for me, when it's just me, it isn't particularly expensive for me to eat out. but when my daughters are over here, then it's MUCH cheaper to cook at the crib.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah healthy restaurants are even more pricey, I was comparing healthy food to greasy fast food..
This Can’t be the comparison.

But a combo at Burger King is like $11 right now. For $11 I can get a pack of grown turkey, a pack of spinach, and some low carb grains and prep 3 or 4 meals from that. And have enough left for a couple fruits.Fast food is outrageously expensive.

Trader Joe’s got the frozen pack of salmon with 5 servings for $10. With $20 I can make 5 full meals EASY

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Unless you getting dollar menu shyt I can’t see how eating out is cheaper, comparing serving sizes cooking at home 99% percent of the time will be cheaper

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
This Can’t be the comparison.

But a combo at Burger King is like $11 right now. For $11 I can get a pack of grown turkey, a pack of spinach, and some low carb grains and prep 3 or 4 meals from that. And have enough left for a couple fruits.Fast food is outrageously expensive.

Trader Joe’s got the frozen pack of salmon with 5 servings for $10. With $20 I can make 5 full meals EASY
literally evry mcdonalds combo starts at $10 now :mjcry:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

That person is an idiot.

I’ll make it simple as possible and then we can argue specific prices

But do y’all think you can go to a spot who has to pay for a building, utilities, insurance, employees, delivery, equipment, and factor in loss plus profits…. Is going to be cheaper than you doing it yourself?

There’s hardly anything in life where you pay for a continued service and it’s cheaper than you doing it yourself.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Unless you getting dollar menu shyt I can’t see how eating out is cheaper, comparing serving sizes cooking at home 99% percent of the time will be cheaper
If you go on dollar menu and look at the portion and then price the same portion, it’s still not enough.

What people do is say “I can get a burger for $1” and not factor that’s a 1/8 pound burger and the one you cook at home is half a pound with the finest of bread and seasoning

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
If you cook a meal and it last From Sunday till Wednesday or Thursday then yes.