Is eating out cheaper than cooking at home every day in 2022?

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
All I know is a bag of fried in the frozen food section is $4.50 where I live. A large fry at any given fast food restaurant is $2.99.. Do the math how many $2.99 orders you can get from a $4.50 bag at the supermarket.
…. Do you mean french fries?

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It definitely saved money to cook at home in general.

It also depends on what you’re consuming and comparing apples to apples.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Meal prep wether you eat out or at home is the cheapest way to eat.

I already have a pre made list of every restaurant I’m going to eat at and what meal I will buy

Also breakfast should always be eaten at home, breakfast is probably the biggest scam ever if you eating out for it.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cooking saves a lot more money. It’s the variety and the time that is difficult. It’s like exercising you have to form a habit

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
sandwiches are a solid idea and i unno how i never meal prepped them :ohhh:

meat dishes are much easier for me tho

I copped 4 quarter chicken legs from the deli for $6, some veggies for from a local spot for $5 and used some leftover rice to meal-prep

chicken is hella cheap tho and you can mix the recipe based on the sauce or whatever you like (im doing honey jerk this week). Just an issue once you switch to another cut of meat
That's what I do, I buy a bunch chicken and fish and a couple of steaks and a bunch of veggies and that gets me through about 2-3 weeks before I stock back up and do it again. I only buy food out on the weekend if I don't have any leftovers from thursday or friday to eat or if I wanna treat myself.

I cook to last about 3-4 days before I cook again

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I ate a $70 dry aged ribeye at a restaurant on Friday and didn't think twice about it
Same time I been walking past the $26/lb dry age steaks at Whole Foods for weeks thinking they out they got damn mind with them prices :picard:
You obviously save money cooking for yourself, that's literally how people selling you food make profit but it's something psychological that blocks us from processing that simple fact