Is Concord the biggest flop of this generation? ($400M Budget, Shut Down after One Week)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You see how this was the post I was responding to? They brought up budgets. Now go bother somebody else.
he was bringing up budget in reference to how little amount of players are on (the point of the thread). I understand you are one of the dumber posters on here but please stay on subject

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think over saturation in the hero shooter genre is an excuse. Marvel Rivals had 50K concurrent players on steam in a CLOSED beta with people begging to get in. They announced millions of people have wishlisted it. Plenty of Marvel games flop, so it isn't just the IP. I played Concord and Rivals, and Rivals was so much more fun and in depth.

Deadlock, Valve's new Moba Hero Shooter, is currently in the top 10 on steam's most played games. It's not even in alpha yet and requires an invite to play.

Concord just isn't very appealing and doesn't do much gameplay wise to sell itself.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I don't think over saturation in the hero shooter genre is an excuse. Marvel Rivals had 50K concurrent players on steam in a CLOSED beta with people begging to get in. They announced millions of people have wishlisted it. Plenty of Marvel games flop, so it isn't just the IP. I played Concord and Rivals, and Rivals was so much more fun and in depth.

Deadlock, Valve's new Moba Hero Shooter, is currently in the top 10 on steam's most played games. It's not even in alpha yet and requires an invite to play.

Concord just isn't very appealing and doesn't do much gameplay wise to sell itself.
:yeshrug:I agree with you but to be fair. Rivals is a free to play game based on a popular IP. Yes past marvel games have failed. But games like Avengers wasn’t free to play like Rivals. As for Deadlock the Valve/Steam loyalists will make sure that game stays afloat. Concord is a 40$ hero shooter that’s a new IP. That majority of PlayStation dudes wasn’t asking for. Competing in a sea of already established and free to play hero shooters.

Last edited:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Suicide Squad felt worse because of the vitriol. It being a DC game and a Rocksteady game still had people trying it

I don't think anyone cares enough about Concord to even do that. The characters are weird and not interesting, and it's a game we've seen before, many times

It should've been free on PS Plus, but then again so was Foamstars. Anyone remember that?

Helldivers is just bad ass. The visuals aren't goofy and colorful. The characters aren't annoying as fukk and quippy. It's a dark, sarcastic vibe with bugs and explosions. That is the audience and vibe Sony needs to target

Last edited:

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Added the all-time peak steam player count to your post.

Gollum having a higher player peak is funny as shyt :pachaha:

All those games were made by establish studios which five of them were using existing ips. That's awful. Concord at least is a new ip and being made developer.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Never had the slightest interest in this game and I can't recall watching a single video on it.
Not sure how Sony dropped the ball and ensured this game was a complete non-factor off rip.
Was ANYONE anticipating this game?