Is Concord the biggest flop of this generation? ($400M Budget, Shut Down after One Week)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On steam? Yea. Need to see some PS5 numbers before I can say anything else.

These games need single player components. This games hook was supposed to be diverse characters, but no story modes to flesh them out?

Destiny isn't Destiny cause of competitive multiplayer. You'd think ex-bungie developers would understand that.

Honestly, I'm glad a single player game showed up and stomped this out. We need more single player non MTX games.
This. I'd rather they made a simple PVE based mode with maybe 3/4 coop missions that sort of adds to the characters and each season could've added a couple more.

Make it 4 characters at a time against wave of enemies throughout a level with a boss battle or something. It's mind numbingly stupid how this game didn't have that.

6c4c1-17212285389068-1920.jpg

Why even do this?

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Did people even know about this game? Usually my youtube feed is covered in new shyt and people complaining one way or the other. With this game here I heard no mention of it until yesterday where some dude was talking about how it only had 600 players.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
i'm just now realizing that this game is the game that was showcased a few months back that had a long cinematic reveal. It looked like shyt when I saw it. Not surprised it flopped. Oh well, we move :manny:

the market is just saturated with these kinda games

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This shyt will be on PS Plus by October.
This might be the best move, I can see it gaining traction if a bunch of people try it for free.

Much like helldivers this was going to be a game promoted the user base.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not even close. WB took a $200m loss on Suicide Squad.

I wasn't even talking $ wise, more so players on release. Especially for a 1st triple A game, even red fall for all the massive flack it got before release and after had more people playing on steam.

$ wise both red fall and SS both cost 70 if SS was a 200 million dollar flop then Concords numbers gonna be nasty :damn:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I wasn't even talking $ wise, more so players on release. Especially for a 1st triple A game, even red fall for all the massive flack it got before release and after had more people playing on steam.

$ wise both red fall and SS both cost 70 if SS was a 200 million dollar flop then Concords numbers gonna be nasty :damn:
Concord wouldn't have cost anywhere close to what it took to develop SS. I know you want to push a narrative, but you gotta do better than that.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Concord wouldn't have cost anywhere close to what it took to develop SS. I know you want to push a narrative, but you gotta do better than that.
We'll have to wait and find out for sure.

But like I said and you ignored i wasn't even thinking money wise, but players.