Is Chrono Trigger a GOAT RPG?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t play it till I had a PS2. It’s a dope game but borders on over hyped. Battle system is amazing but the rest isn’t goat level.
Idk man, there are games that still don't let you progress through the game like Chrono trigger does.

No dlc, no patches, just a game that out the box is 20 ish hours or more that you can play multiple times and have different things happen and has more than just a "good ending" and "bad ending"

Iconic art style, great graphics, some of the best music in gaming ever.

On top of that it might have been one of the 1st of not 1st to do away with random encounters with active turn base combat.

It was definitely one of the 1st games were I felt like my actions had consequences that could affect not just a character or certain area but the entire game.

And the only other game to do that in recent time is another classic goated game mass effect 1-2

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Idk man, there are games that still don't let you progress through the game like Chrono trigger does.

No dlc, no patches, just a game that out the box is 20 ish hours or more that you can play multiple times and have different things happen and has more than just a "good ending" and "bad ending"

Iconic art style, great graphics, some of the best music in gaming ever.

On top of that it might have been one of the 1st of not 1st to do away with random encounters with active turn base combat.

It was definitely one of the 1st games were I felt like my actions had consequences that could affect not just a character or certain area but the entire game.

And the only other game to do that in recent time is another classic goated game mass effect 1-2

I feel you in all of that but I’ve always found games with multiple endings to have weaker stories. It was a game that was fun to play and just the right length but the story never pulled me in. I think for me too what affects my view of it is that I played it after all the hype so I went in expecting to be blown away.

Don’t get me wrong it’s still a top 20 RPG to me but I think the discourse around it overplays its “perfection”.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
just turned this on recently

grinded the festival events to get the Lode Sword :blessed: