Is Chrono Trigger a GOAT RPG?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
ff7 sorry brehs.....

I played it couple years ago, got the dragon after getting the cavewoman and :russell: ....I respect its influence on the genre tho.

the soundtrack on the other hand is undisputed GOAT

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
ff7 sorry brehs.....

I played it couple years ago, got the dragon after getting the cavewoman and :russell: ....I respect its influence on the genre tho.

the soundtrack on the other hand is undisputed GOAT
thats my take

im a FF8 guy tho

that said if you dont play through chrono trigger you cant really appreciate its game design (its character choice and time dependent actions that influence the story)

what i've noticed about many japanese games now is that the villains are indirectly setup based on the characters actions on some if you do this then now we can justify this type logic

Goombreh

Superstar
Daps
Game single handedly made me love turn based RPGs when I was dead set against them. GOAT

• Dap

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Funny enough I was at work and this intern kid was talking about games with my other coworker and he mentioned he was playing it on and off.
I never finished it myself, I started playing it years ago but then lost the save file on my PC and never bothered to start it over.

• Dap

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Man that soundtrack :wow: :mjcry:
Beat it last yr going to Japan again on my switch with a save that I had gotten from my pc/ps3
Might go for another run

Man this better game the HD-2D treatment from square for its 30th anniversary

Last edited: