Is Chrono Trigger a GOAT RPG?

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The most overrated ass RPG I've ever played :francis:

Secret of Evermore>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
:mjlol:Secret of Evermore is arguably the second or third best of all time behind Chrono Trigger and FFVII when it comes to soundtrack. Underrated game for sure but not better than the GOAT Chrono Trigger.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I dig it. Time traveling stories are amazing in itself, but I just couldn't get into it. Trust, I'm not saying the game is bad, but the pedestal worship is kinda uncanny when there were games that actually hit way different from Chrono Trigger.

• Mother Zero- Despite the age, the game hit me harder than Earthbound which was the superior game. The story for that goes into the depths of spirituality, which honestly went way harder than Earthbound.
  • Bioshock Series- As somebody who loves anyhing to do with the 30s and the lore behind it, this game really just touch me in more ways the one. The fact that the backstory has to do with a city that's going through a civil war of ideologies, religion, and greed...this game series I could easily run back with no issue at all.
  • Fallout series- Nuff said
I dunno, maybe I'm weird about video games. I'm the same smooth brain marsupial that thought Brink was GOTY for 2011.
Nah I feel you

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I didn't know this was ever up for question.

It received universal acclaim since it was first released and deserves every single word of it.

It's not my number 1 but I would not argue against it being the GOAT.

It's impossible to get everything right but God damn if they didn't come closest.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thinking of picking it up for my iPad but the pixel graphics are kind of turning me off.:patrice:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:Secret of Evermore is arguably the second or third best of all time behind Chrono Trigger and FFVII when it comes to soundtrack. Underrated game for sure but not better than the GOAT Chrono Trigger.
SOE soundtrack is actually the best thing about the game, it wasn't as fun nor told a better story than Chrono trigger and it wasn't as action pack or fun as secret of mana, but had a better story.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
SOE soundtrack is actually the best thing about the game, it wasn't as fun nor told a better story than Chrono trigger and it wasn't as action pack or fun as secret of mana, but had a better story.
:mjlol:I agree with the first part homie, but IMO Secret of Evermore is a better overall game than Secret of Mana. The darker theme along with the music puts it over the top. Although "Into The Thick Of It" is probably one of the greatest videogame songs.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:I agree with the first part homie, but IMO Secret of Evermore is a better overall game than Secret of Mana. The darker theme along with the music puts it over the top. Although "Into The Thick Of It" is probably one of the greatest videogame songs.
:wow: if I could rep you I would. Into the thick of it is fire.

But the game opening with fear of the heavens set the mood something fierce.

The dark star, A bell is tolling, ceremony. :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i actually got the secret of evermore from a yard sale growing up it was like striking gold.

Good game but it shouldn’t be mentioned amongst the greats. it was the Star Ocean 2 of the super nes.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It's pretty much universally agreed upon that Chrono Trigger is a GOAT level game bruh... it has been for like damn near 3 decades now. Lol