Is Chrono Trigger a GOAT RPG?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Earthbound gets love though. People still beg Nintendo to this day to port Mother 3. There’s like an entire sub genre of indie games inspired by it.

Chrono Trigger is unique because it’s one of a kind. We never really got a true sequel to it and all the people involved with it broke off and worked on other classic rpg series. I feel like every popular rpg series that exist today has some roots tied back to Chrono
I get that it’s influential to the entire genre. But to me it’s kind of like how Lord of the Rings is to fantasy. I get that it influenced a lot of things but I simply don’t understand how people can still say it’s some amazing game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I get that it’s influential to the entire genre. But to me it’s kind of like how Lord of the Rings is to fantasy. I get that it influenced a lot of things but I simply don’t understand how people can still say it’s some amazing game.

Theres honestly not many games from that era where just the theme song/soundtrack gives me goosebumps. That shyt is like illmatic to me when i hear it.

I just think it does too many things too well that other rpg games today still haven’t quite gotten right.

I’m not even a nostalgia junkie like that, but this game was literally a game changer to a young breh. :wow:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
yes, we’ve went over this.

chrono-trigger-anime.gif
Frog Captain Ginyu with the blade :wow:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
Chrono Trigger is easily my favorite RPG of all time. I put it up there with any FF game, including FF7. Everything from the music to the color, especially during Chronos trial, we're stunning. I definitely say it is a GOAT contender. What dony'all think?

Absolutely. It's the only Rpg that's acceptable over the GOAT FF7.

Rell Shyt

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I have found my people. Earthbound deserves all the praise that Chrono Trigger, for some reason, still gets to this day. Game held up amazingly and all the humor still hits. Chrono Trigger is ridiculously overrated, and this is coming from someone whose favorite genre is JRPGs

Earthbound gets a lot of love, though. People have been pressing Nintendo to release a translated 3rd game and its growing in acclaim as more people got to play the game on the SNES mini. People are catching up.

But Chrono Trigger is deserving of every accolade it gets. The Sountrack alone is legendary.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Correction * The Goat RPG and its not even close. Story is just :mindblown:

Its perfect

The music,. :whoo: the artwork, the setting, the Gameplay. its just :wow: a fire ass Game. Toriyama da Gawd on the art to make the cypher complete :ahh:

Last edited:

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
The only game to really do time travel and show it's consequences correctly. It's a reminder of the golden age of RPGs. Chrono Trigger and Xenogears are still classic games and the stories and presentation hold up to this day (gameplay aside). I know we'll never get a xeno remake but damn would I love Chrono remake.