Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
What's the context?
That 100 life goals book he wrote had a story in it about him being the victim of a racial hate crime in high school...He used that and the "fact" he raised money for churches to latch onto #BLM to collect more money...
The police report from that "racial hate incident" was acquired and the very foundation that his legitimacy stands on is nonexistent.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Nope, he's all the way white.
5f54jk.jpg

prophetic :wow:

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
That 100 life goals book he wrote had a story in it about him being the victim of a racial hate crime in high school...He used that and the "fact" he raised money for churches to latch onto #BLM to collect more money...
The police report from that "racial hate incident" was acquired and the very foundation that his legitimacy stands on is nonexistent.
:wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
A SHORT FOLLOW-UP TO THE PREVIOUS POST ON BLACK LIVES MATTER.

I wish that I could find the words to describe how I feel right now. Maybe I will figure them out by the time you finish reading the following passage from Stephen Crockett’s story at The Root describing the meeting between Hillary Clinton and Black Lives Matter activists from Boston:

“Things took a turn when Clinton asked the activists to explain policy changes they wanted to see enacted.

‘I stand here in your space and I say this as respectfully as I can, “If you don’t tell black people what we need to do, then we won’t tell you all what to do.”‘ Jones said. ‘What I mean to say is, this is and has always been a white problem of violence. There’s not much that we can do to stop the violence against us.’

‘Respectfully,’ Clinton answered, ‘if that is your position, then I will only talk to white people about how we are going to deal with these very real problems.’

‘That’s not what I mean,’ Jones said. He added, ‘But what you just said was a form of victim-blaming. You were saying what the Black Lives Matter movement needs to do to change white hearts is to …’

Clinton told them that she isn’t interested in changing hearts, but rather policy.

‘You can keep the movement going, which you have started, and through that you might change some hearts,’ she said.

‘But if that’s all that happens,’ she continued, ‘we’ll be back here in 10 years having the same conversation because we will not have all of the changes that you deserve to see happen in your lifetime because of your willingness to get out there and talk about this.'”

I want you, the reader, to step back and think about the scenario that has unfolded in the preceding passage. These activists get a private hearing with a candidate who is, at the moment, the frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination. Not only that, but this potential Democratic candidate leads polling aggregates against every potential Republican candidate for the general election as well, meaning that it is plausible that you are having a meeting with the next President of the United States. They get a very simple question, yet it is a question that most people working for social change would kill to get from such a high-profile political candidate:

“Well, the next question is, ‘So what do you want me to do about it?'”

The answer is so stupefying, yet so telling, that it bears repeating.

“‘I stand here in your space and I say this as respectfully as I can, ‘If you don’t tell black people what we need to do, then we won’t tell you all what to do.’ Jones said. ‘What I mean to say is, this is and has always been a white problem of violence. There’s not much that we can do to stop the violence against us.'”

The answer is impressive only in its ability to say absolutely nothing at all. No policy. Not even a nudge in a general direction towards something where a policy might be crafted.Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house faster than that statement could see any type of policy.

And not only that, but do you know what led into that garbled mess that you see above?

“THE PIECE THAT’S MOST IMPORTANT….”

….is, apparently, telling Hillary Clinton that there is nothing that they, Black Lives Matter, can do about any of this. No advocacy. No policy agenda. No concrete plan. Nothing. Asking them to have a plan or a policy agenda? That is….victim-blaming. I am not kidding; that is what happens on the video.

I have alternated this entire day between befuddlement, bewilderment, and other nouns used to describe an unyielding state of confusion.

Just off the top of my head, there are at least three things that they could have asked for: a guaranteed right to protest without fear of ending your demonstration with a criminal background, legislation that bars police officers from earning pay while an investigation into a police shooting is ongoing, and a national limit to the amount of money that cities can make off moving violations and parking violations. Would those be my top three issues for the Black working class were I to receive the same audience? Absolutely not. But my goodness, it would be something more concrete than a response full of Intro to Sociology-style ephemera.

And for a series of protests that handwaves about “accountability”, it would have been beneficial to make concrete demands with which you could actually hold this person, you know, accountable. But what they allowed Hillary Clinton to do was completely evade any discussion of things that might actually get done if she becomes president in favor of allowing her to school them about the most fundamental premise behind policymaking institutions, which is to make policy.

Because if policy change is not the goal of this group of activists, then I am honestly wondering what the hell we are all doing here.

A Short Follow-Up To The Previous Post on Black Lives Matter.

A Short Follow-Up To The Previous Post on Black Lives Matter.

GODDAMN :damn::damn::damn::damn:

:damn:

This shyt is pathetic.:skip:

This whole movement is controlled ops. Which I feel is basically to dissipate any awakening amongst the average black person

Daps
Reppin
Yeah man. black folks were legit mad about Ferguson, then shyt got silly and now it's about these characters.
I was hip to game a long time ago about these BLM people...when I went to the event in Toronto, some of the same characters from Ferguson were there...I talked to actual folk from Ferguson...They had their people fly in, change the narrative, and influence certain folks to blackball legit activists FROM the area...that's why Deray got slapped in the mouth...playing with money and peoples minds.

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Yeah man. black folks were legit mad about Ferguson, then shyt got silly and now it's about these characters.

Man, I remember it was like day 20 into Ferguson and that street harassment video with that white girl walking through NY dropped. Next thing I know brothers and sisters were at each other throats and the energy began dying down. I'm not even shocked BLM is starting to eat itself because I remember watching that shyt go down and realizing a whole lot of people aren't really ready for a change because we can't even stay focused on one goal as a unified group.

Daps
Reppin
Wait , people actually thought son was black :dahell: I thought it was common knowledge that he was a cac

Why are we so gullible and this will continue to occur because we keep believing we have allies :snoop:
Dude got an Oprah scholarship, caked off of that book, and the highlight was the "racial incident"...
Also: He said he was black numerous times on twitter, and that org cosigned him. I knew he was white wholetime but nobody wants to listen when racist crakkkas agree with you.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
not that I was a super huge shaun king fan but can we get other sources outside of White right wing sites brehs :mjpls::mjpls: