Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What did you find that convinced you to cosign them ?

Results. If they weren't crashing the stage, many of these politicians would gloss over talking about the issues pertaining to our community and keep repeating the same BS rhetoric. Now they have to account for them and have an outline for what their platform stances are in regards to the black community.

State of the Black Union | Black Lives Matter

Do what you have to do by any means necessary in order to get your message through to them.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Results. If they weren't crashing the stage, many of these politicians would gloss over talking about the issues pertaining to our community and keep repeating the same BS rhetoric. Now they have to account for them and have an outline for what their platform stances are in regards to the black community.

State of the Black Union | Black Lives Matter

Do what you have to do by any means necessary in order to get your message through to them.
They can talk but will they display results that's the question , I refuse to let these cats attempt to play mental gymnastics with me so they can swindle their way into the white house and abandon black issue as soon as they receive their goal . It doesn't make it any better that Gloria Steinem who was affiliated with the CIA and used as a decoy to isolate black woman from the black panthers movement in the 70s is now involved with BLM ...

To each it's own though fam , but I just can't co-sign this at all ...

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They can talk but will they display results that's the question , I refuse to let these cats attempt to play mental gymnastics with me so they can swindle their way into the white house and abandon black issue as soon as they receive their goal . It doesn't make it any better that Gloria Steinem who was affiliated with the CIA and used as a decoy to isolate black woman from the black panthers movement in the 70s is now involved with BLM ...

To each it's own though fam , but I just can't co-sign this at all ...

Bernie and these politicans are not the Black Panthers.....if they were crashing the BPP, I'd shyt on them.

Before BLM, did any of these politicians have a platform for us? Bernie was even content just talking about his economic strategy and his supporters always fell back on the fact that he marched with MLK. That's cool and all, but there was no legit platform from him regarding our issues. Now he not only has one, but has employed more of us on his team.

Results.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Bernie and these politicans are not the Black Panthers.....if they were crashing the BPP, I'd shyt on them.

Before BLM, did any of these politicians have a platform for us? Bernie was even content just talking about his economic strategy and his supporters always fell back on the fact that he marched with MLK. That's cool and all, but there was no legit platform from him regarding our issues. Now he not only has one, but has employed more of us on his team.

Results.
But are they covering the full spectrum though ? When they do dwell on our issues they only go to a certain extent and doesn't exceed that limit or touch on our primary dilemmas . Police brutality isn't some new phenomenon or is just getting worse it's always been this gruesome from jump street it's just now that its getting the magnifying glass from social media and news platform more frequently and that's only because it's the hot topic and it generates views which translates into $$$ , all this stems back to us refusing to come together and build with each other and knocking on the white mans door for assistance and I hate to sound like a broken record saying this over and over but facts is facts and like I said before after the numerous intrusions from BLM might give them no choice to dwell on the subjects but at the end of the day I don't think their going to ultimately deliver and if they do most likely it'll be small bones thrown at us to keep us silent . Like I said fam I ain't knockin ya views that's just how I personally feel :manny:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
But are they covering the full spectrum though ? When they do dwell on our issues they only go to a certain extent and doesn't exceed that limit or touch on our primary dilemmas . Police brutality isn't some new phenomenon or is just getting worse it's always been this gruesome from jump street it's just now that its getting the magnifying glass from social media and news platform more frequently and that's only because it's the hot topic and it generates views which translates into $$$ , all this stems back to us refusing to come together and build with each other and knocking on the white mans door for assistance and I hate to sound like a broken record saying this over and over but facts is facts and like I said before after the numerous intrusions from BLM might give them no choice to dwell on the subjects but at the end of the day I don't think their going to ultimately deliver and if they do most likely it'll be small bones thrown at us to keep us silent . Like I said fam I ain't knockin ya views that's just how I personally feel :manny:

I don't disagree dog, but just getting them to talk about it and make it part of their platform is a victory upon itself and that's why I support BLM.

And Hilary already met with them because she's a better politician than Berniedog. Having secret service doesn't hurt either. So she knows to make sure BLM and black issues need to be spoken on during her speeches. LOL.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
I don't disagree dog, but just getting them to talk about it and make it part of their platform is a victory upon itself and that's why I support BLM.

And Hilary already met with them because she's a better politician than Berniedog. Having secret service doesn't hurt either. So she knows to make sure BLM and black issues need to be spoken on during her speeches. LOL.

The #BLM movement is bankrolled by George Soros and is working on Hillary's behalf. The movement has nothing to do with Hilary being a better politician. Those girls interrupting other candidates' speeches/functions are doing so under her direction.

Hilary is the candidate who needs to be placed under the microscope for her stances/goals for matters pertaining to the black community.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The #BLM movement is bankrolled by George Soros and is working on Hillary's behalf. The movement has nothing to do with Hilary being a better politician. Those girls interrupting other candidates' speeches/functions are doing so under her direction.

Hilary is the candidate who needs to be placed under the microscope for her stances/goals for matters pertaining to the black community.

Not true dog.

But Hilary got out in front because she was next on the BLM radar and met with them last week. They didn't agree on everything though, so it'll be interesting what happens with her.

I'm really waiting on them to crash the Rethugs shyt.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Ferguson...okay.

But not these bum rushes.

However, if it were true, it wouldn't surprise me either.

I'm voting for Trump anyway if Bernie doesn't get the nomination. shyt is a big joke anyway, so put the biggest clown in there.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These BLM people are a prime example why a gay shouldn't be in charge or at the forefront of anything of importance in the black community. We need straight Black Men to lead. Period. In fact, a prerequisite for Black leadership should be business ownership. Straight Black Men gotta man up and tell the world that WE are in charge and we decide how to tackle all important issues. Otherwise these gay agents will contint to attack us from within funded by cacs. The next 10 years will be interesting as far as Black Power is concerned.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
A SHORT FOLLOW-UP TO THE PREVIOUS POST ON BLACK LIVES MATTER.

I wish that I could find the words to describe how I feel right now. Maybe I will figure them out by the time you finish reading the following passage from Stephen Crockett’s story at The Root describing the meeting between Hillary Clinton and Black Lives Matter activists from Boston:

“Things took a turn when Clinton asked the activists to explain policy changes they wanted to see enacted.

‘I stand here in your space and I say this as respectfully as I can, “If you don’t tell black people what we need to do, then we won’t tell you all what to do.”‘ Jones said. ‘What I mean to say is, this is and has always been a white problem of violence. There’s not much that we can do to stop the violence against us.’

‘Respectfully,’ Clinton answered, ‘if that is your position, then I will only talk to white people about how we are going to deal with these very real problems.’

‘That’s not what I mean,’ Jones said. He added, ‘But what you just said was a form of victim-blaming. You were saying what the Black Lives Matter movement needs to do to change white hearts is to …’

Clinton told them that she isn’t interested in changing hearts, but rather policy.

‘You can keep the movement going, which you have started, and through that you might change some hearts,’ she said.

‘But if that’s all that happens,’ she continued, ‘we’ll be back here in 10 years having the same conversation because we will not have all of the changes that you deserve to see happen in your lifetime because of your willingness to get out there and talk about this.'”

I want you, the reader, to step back and think about the scenario that has unfolded in the preceding passage. These activists get a private hearing with a candidate who is, at the moment, the frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination. Not only that, but this potential Democratic candidate leads polling aggregates against every potential Republican candidate for the general election as well, meaning that it is plausible that you are having a meeting with the next President of the United States. They get a very simple question, yet it is a question that most people working for social change would kill to get from such a high-profile political candidate:

“Well, the next question is, ‘So what do you want me to do about it?'”

The answer is so stupefying, yet so telling, that it bears repeating.

“‘I stand here in your space and I say this as respectfully as I can, ‘If you don’t tell black people what we need to do, then we won’t tell you all what to do.’ Jones said. ‘What I mean to say is, this is and has always been a white problem of violence. There’s not much that we can do to stop the violence against us.'”

The answer is impressive only in its ability to say absolutely nothing at all. No policy. Not even a nudge in a general direction towards something where a policy might be crafted.Sarah Palin can see Russia from her house faster than that statement could see any type of policy.

And not only that, but do you know what led into that garbled mess that you see above?

“THE PIECE THAT’S MOST IMPORTANT….”

….is, apparently, telling Hillary Clinton that there is nothing that they, Black Lives Matter, can do about any of this. No advocacy. No policy agenda. No concrete plan. Nothing. Asking them to have a plan or a policy agenda? That is….victim-blaming. I am not kidding; that is what happens on the video.

I have alternated this entire day between befuddlement, bewilderment, and other nouns used to describe an unyielding state of confusion.

Just off the top of my head, there are at least three things that they could have asked for: a guaranteed right to protest without fear of ending your demonstration with a criminal background, legislation that bars police officers from earning pay while an investigation into a police shooting is ongoing, and a national limit to the amount of money that cities can make off moving violations and parking violations. Would those be my top three issues for the Black working class were I to receive the same audience? Absolutely not. But my goodness, it would be something more concrete than a response full of Intro to Sociology-style ephemera.

And for a series of protests that handwaves about “accountability”, it would have been beneficial to make concrete demands with which you could actually hold this person, you know, accountable. But what they allowed Hillary Clinton to do was completely evade any discussion of things that might actually get done if she becomes president in favor of allowing her to school them about the most fundamental premise behind policymaking institutions, which is to make policy.

Because if policy change is not the goal of this group of activists, then I am honestly wondering what the hell we are all doing here.

A Short Follow-Up To The Previous Post on Black Lives Matter.

A Short Follow-Up To The Previous Post on Black Lives Matter.

GODDAMN :damn::damn::damn::damn:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:that's fukking embarrassing

but they should have no problem setting up an agenda and putting money behind that considering they got 33 million dollars or did they waste that on attention whoring:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
No caping for Hillary or Soros or BLM, just curious
What was wrong with the Ferguson riots in terms of national attention and forcing more dialog about black lives matter movement?
What is wrong with funding those specific black interest groups?
Funding protests in hopes of holding folks accountable, what is wrong with that?
Which black millionare/billionare are funding black interest grass root groups?
BLM bumrushed Bernie and was not given access to Hillary. Then suddenly was given access to Hillary