Is #BlackLivesMatter Leading Nowhere?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That's what's weird to me about activists who aren't revolutionary/militant or anarchist or wanting to overthrow the government; they believe in voting (like voting for Sanders), their wholesome belief is politics and making reform... yet none of them go for any sort of office or legislative power of any sort to become a reformist.

Yea for example, the NOI were anti voting, while there were other groups that would have people run as independent candidates for offices they knew they know they had no chance winning but more to to force those that did to have real discussion. These Twitter activist won run for offices, dont have jobs, arent teaching, dont write books, literally nothing tangible to pay for them to be able to move around, yet are some how on the front lines everywhere. Lot of these folks live off donation money from what I hear like that Shaun King dude who has been accused numerous times for stealing money that was supposed to go to the families of victims.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah when he said that that was my first clue that something ain't right then I found out about George Soros and was like :patrice:this ain't feeling organic anymore.

Now we know they just some gays and feminist that got paid to protest. Intersectionality is the trait these cacs look for when they pick the leaders. Church/black, Gay/Black, Female/Black etc.
Straight up, I don't even talk too indepth about stuff online anymore, too many plants out there, and all these sites are public so you cant really do much online but make the connections and build off line. Lot of these folks are literally on the same level or reaching the level of for profit black church preachers, they build peoples faith in them,and lead them to something that is meant to just keep them busy and out the way of white supremacy. Whats sad is alot of the people being corrupted are young people in their early 20s who know they want to make a change and difference, but have no blueprint or resources, so they end up thinking arguing on twitter is sufficient in doing their part, opposed to working on building themselves and moving in the shadows so that they can make real action once they have built their foundation.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
What's wild to me is how they can believe in Intersectionality, yet fail to see how economic prosperity is interconnected with the issues they are most concern about. It's like damn, do they even read or study up on their own belief system, let alone the one that they are going up against?

Hell no, that's how this silly hashtag got this far. It's reactionary, stationary, nebulous, opportunistic, and very fad-like.

Gusto

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
BLM are a bunch of a$$holes. They're turning what should be a powerful black political voice into some incoherent tea party style bullshyt.

Shouting down Bernie Sanders?:dahell: Really bruh? :dahell:

He's not infallible or anything, but he is not a part of the problem. If all white people were cool like Bernie, we would not have a race problem in America. That would make him part of the solution -- miss me with a bunch of overanalysis, this is some very simple shyt to understand. And these clowns are out here yelling at the solution. :mindblown: There's millions and millions of racist white a$$holes to yell at, and they couldn't find one?

And they're out here representing Black America with this nonsense. :shaq2:

And no Black leaders are gonna say shyt about it because they're not about to get clowned on Twitter.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

Buddy called out the IMF but since he didn't talk about transgendered people he is our enemy. Vote for Hilary when her biggest donors are from Israel and you know their agenda with Africa:wow:

I might have to start campaigning for this dude. He gets it. Stop trying to change what's in people's hearts. Bernie knows we're wasting our time trying to get cacs to change.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I asked in the other thread, but has any Black journo/writer penned a criticism of Black Lives Matters?

BLM looks untouchable as of now. It's the championing sentiment of black life rn. You would need a "militant" type conscious writer who can think of the bigger picture and sees through the trees for them to be rightfully criticized on a journalistic level. A lot of black writers and academics are middling, atleast for the moment.

Only when it fizzles out or gets so ineffective will there be postmortem critiques.

edit: Actually there is BLM critiques you just have to find them, but none of them are on a public, general platform or in journalistic publications.

Black Lives Don’t Matter — Cultural Anthropology

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BLM are a bunch of a$$holes. They're turning what should be a powerful black political voice into some incoherent tea party style bullshyt.

Shouting down Bernie Sanders?:dahell: Really bruh? :dahell:

He's not infallible or anything, but he is not a part of the problem. If all white people were cool like Bernie, we would not have a race problem in America. That would make him part of the solution -- miss me with a bunch of overanalysis, this is some very simple shyt to understand. And these clowns are out here yelling at the solution. :mindblown: There's millions and millions of racist white a$$holes to yell at, and they couldn't find one?

And they're out here representing Black America with this nonsense. :shaq2:

And no Black leaders are gonna say shyt about it because they're not about to get clowned on Twitter.

what gets me is if you ask these same people why they aint taking these issues to obama, they have every excuse in the book:

"he's not the president of black people"
"there's nothing he can do about police brutality"
"look towards your local government"

but they already trynna press up on white candidates to fix something obama is ignoring

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
CKYl2p2WIAA-RVR.png

Who cares about the big banks that erased all Black wealth gains since emancipation :blessed:

Yup. shyt is intellectually lazy.
Black-Income-from-Nixon-to-Obama.jpg

Couple things. First let's talk about the 90s. A time of huge economic boom for the United States...including black people. I'm not really gonna focus on who the president is because it's less important than the business and economic cycle. The 90s were going to see an economic boom regardless thanks to the internet bubble and housing.

Now look at 2008. The recession. Incomes fell across the board, for all races. Trillions of dollars were literally wiped out. Things have recovered over the last couple years and incomes are rising...once again for all races.

Anyone who dismisses big banks as not having anything to do with black people is a reactionary idiot. Real talk. We can argue about police all day but ultimately the biggest problem facing black people is institutional, socioeconomic racism. If you ship jobs out of a city, flood it with drugs, hire out of city workers for construction jobs, etc you deplete the tax base. A depleted tax base leads to bad schools. Bad schools and drugs leads to trigger happy police. Criminal justice reform alone does not solve the problem of trigger happy police in dangerous neighborhoods. If you want to fully address this issue you have to lift people out of poverty. You can start that by stopping the plunder of black people through the war on drugs. You can start that by electing city officials who don't give construction contracts to people unless they hire locally. You can start that by attempting to find loans and other funds to help create local stores, which create local jobs and local products to buy.

Economics is the key here. And as that chart shows, black wealth does indeed grow when the economy grows...and it falls when the economy falls.