Is atheism cac shyt?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Yall call non belief weird yet think believing in an invisible deity playing puppet master, along with a talking snake, adam and eve, noahs ark, jonah in a whale, etc.... all perfectly fine.

Keep this in mind. There are literally thousands of religions. An atheist just believes one less than you do.
None of that is REQUIRED to be a theist and the 'one less g-d' thing is just poor logic made popular by the likes of Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens.

Great orators, bad theologians.

Theists believe a 'deity' exists.

Atheists believe NONE exist.

One =/ Zero​

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Nope. I'm an unbeliever and black and I'm a former minister.
You should have just stayed on the job and became a mega-church preacher and pimped the idiots :manny: I’m convinced that all propriety preachers like creflo, TD Jakes , Osteen, etc are all atheist.
All of them except this cat
InformalClosedHartebeest-max-1mb.gif

I’m 100% sure this cac is Beelzebub himself:huhldup:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
No, I got what you were saying, but the fact is Christians AREN'T in the same boat as atheists in regards to believers of Thor, Ptah, Osiris, Anansi, etc.

You're saying the evidence for all of them is equal and can be dismissed.​

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

― Stephen Roberts

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
I don't see how.

There's more atheists, now, and we're actually getting worse.
When exactly has the world or the entire human population ever been sunshine and rainbows? I keep hearing “things are getting worse because less religion blah blah”? When have things ever been sweet though? This I would love to know?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

― Stephen Roberts
None of that is REQUIRED to be a theist and the 'one less g-d' thing is just poor logic made popular by the likes of Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black folk would be better off if more of us were atheist
They’ve been worshipping this God for centuries yet still at the bottom. At which point will black folks say this worshipping god ain’t doing shyt for us. I became an atheist at the age of 13. As soon as my brain was slightly developed I figured this shyt out. How grown adults still havent, I will never know.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Isn't Christianity technically cac religion, sure it was started by a semite, but It was spread and codified by Greeks and romans a la cacs,the New Testament was originally written in Greek. and the Greeks were the ones who introduced it to Ethiopia for example.

Like the Greeks/Hellenes influenced early Christianity so much so that Christianity as we know it ought to be called Hellenized Christianity.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
They’ve been worshipping this God for centuries yet still at the bottom.
Black peoples' circumstances aren't a result of their 'faith' or lack thereof, but of misapplied science.....

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Isn't Christianity technically cac religion
No, since Africans had a hand in it's creation and all the civilizations along the Fertile Crescent had a shared worldview.

That's why Egyptians had the same cosmology as Akkadians, Hittites, Assyrians, etc., consisting of 'heaven', the Earth, and the 'underworld'.

It was spread and codified by Romans who were of ALL ethnicities within the Empire.....

roman-empire-provinces-vector-id501794155

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Thing is you did, you’re implying things were sweet beforehand
No, I didn't.

YOU came to that conclusion on your own, but, to make it a little easier for you to see where I'm coming from, when I was a kid, we called one another 'brother' and 'sister'.

Now, we refer to one another by 'nikka' and 'bytch'.​

Last edited: