Is atheism cac shyt?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Lol, I got exactly what you were saying. Christians believe you can only be saved through Jesus. All the other thousands of religions are in the same boat as atheists as far as they’re concerned.
No, they aren't 'in the same boat'.

One has WAY more evidence than it's closest rival. You may not agree with it, but, really, how much evidence is there for Thor? Amun? Ptah? or any of the other thousands of religions in comparison that would put them on an equal footing as Jesus?

:popcorn:

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
No, they aren't 'in the same boat'.

One has WAY more evidence than it's closest rival. You may not agree with it, but, really, how much evidence is there for Thor? Amun? Ptah? or any of the other thousands of religions in comparison that would put them on an equal footing as Jesus?

:popcorn:

I think you misread or misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying to Christians all other religions are in the same boat as atheists since they don’t believe in Jesus.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I think you misread or misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying to Christians all other religions are in the same boat as atheists since they don’t believe in Jesus.
No, I got what you were saying, but the fact is Christians AREN'T in the same boat as atheists in regards to believers of Thor, Ptah, Osiris, Anansi, etc.

You're saying the evidence for all of them is equal and can be dismissed.​

MrSpook

All Star
Daps
Mr.Spook huh

Coli caca cacs ain't even try to hide it
You weird and trying to hard.

I’m black…. Which shouldn’t matter to you. Lost a lot of people around me which led me to denounce religion and god at the age of 14 and I have other acquaintances with similar stories.

It’s not a color thing for people to lash out on whatever they felt was responsible for their pain. In my instance and many others that was god and watching proud Christians like myself at the time die in harsh ways or go through tough patches.

It wasn’t until I got older that I realized in order to have faith in something you must question your own belief in it at some point.

So no atheism isn’t just for white folk. It’s very common amongst all races and super common amongst our black folk. Especially those around my age group which is 18-22.

Daps
Yall call non belief weird yet think believing in an invisible deity playing puppet master, along with a talking snake, adam and eve, noahs ark, jonah in a whale, etc.... all perfectly fine.

Keep this in mind. There are literally thousands of religions. An atheist just believes one less than you do.

Rum&Pineapple

Pro
Supporter
Daps
No, I got what you were saying, but the fact is Christians AREN'T in the same boat as atheists in regards to believers of Thor, Ptah, Osiris, Anansi, etc.

You're saying the evidence for all of them is equal and can be dismissed.​

Well, yes. Whatever evidence you claim to have for your religion would be dismissed by someone who’s steadfast in their Thor or whatever religion. If it was that simple and easy, everyone on earth would believe that Jesus Christ is the way. The guy I was responding to was basically saying every religion believes they’re right. I’m not really sure what you’re arguing at this point. Are you saying Christianity is now evidence based and not faith based?

Last edited:

Saltmoney

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Catset
I understand why there is/has been a need for religion; to make sense of the world and to create a sense of structure etc.

It just never seemed real to me. It's nice to believe in something, to have that reassurance but there was never enough proof for me.

Investing energy into something that might not even be true, to the point where I shape my life in accordance to this entities rules, never felt right.

Anton

All Star
Daps
We have the least reason for worshiping god. Has god ever been on our side? Look at the atrocities committed against black people.