Is atheism cac shyt?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Atheists in the Civil Rights Movement

"This chapter explores an often overlooked and dismissed aspect of Randolph's personal and philosophical convictions: Christianity. Randolph grew up in a household and community dominated by African American religious traditions, especially those of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. Yet there was a time after his move to New York City when Randolph professed to be an atheist. After his radical years, however, Randolph returned to his previously held beliefs, though the charge of atheism—often used by his critics—stuck. This chapter thus attempts to rectify the issue by illustrating not only Randolph's religious beliefs but also how he integrated them into his civil rights work and labor organizing."

He fell astray like most of you have. But he came back eventually:blessed:

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
No, I didn't.

YOU came to that conclusion on your own.​
Yes I did, from your very own sentence from which you wrote.

“There's more atheists, now, and we're actually getting worse.”

I assumed you meant because there’s more atheists, things have become more dire? Which doesn’t make much sense considering things in the world have never been wonderful with or without religion, specifically Christianity.

Unless you meant something else, then I’m more than happy to read it.

Paradoxx

All Star
Daps
No, I didn't.

YOU came to that conclusion on your own, but, to make it a little easier for you to see where I'm coming from, when I was a kid, we called one another 'brother' and 'sister'.

Now, we refer to one another by 'nikka' and 'bytch'.​
But how does this correlate to atheism?

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
The belief in NOTHING is some nihilistic cac shyt but at this point, I can't blame a nikka for feeling the same or similarly. If you were raised in a Christian household as a child then got older and saw all the loopholes and logical fallacies you'd have your doubts too.

This is why I don't have much smoke for the "spiritual", crystals, chakra, astrology or voodoo chicks. Some of them are looney tunes but a good amount are tapped in to something more substantial that is beyond white European Christian beliefs/practices.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Yes, absolutely.

Any nikka says otherwise is in the sunken place.

Not only is the concept of no God completely foreign to every single black culture on the planet, but the separation of God/religion from every single aspect of your life is completely foreign as well.

4:00

That’s not a cute unearned title he gave himself, he’s the real thing.

Last edited:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
it's ironic he would use the phrase "false equivalence" since he himself made a comparison to Math which can be empirically proven and reproducible while deities or religious "miracles" can't.
True, but that doesn't make that quote you posted any less of a bad argument.

Not as bad as 'Who created G-d?', but a close second.​

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Yes, absolutely.

Any nikka says otherwise is in the sunken place.

Not only is the concept of no God completely foreign to every single black culture on the planet, but the separation of God/religion from every single aspect of your life is completely foreign as well.

4:00

That’s not a cute unearned title he gave himself, he’s the real thing.

A lot of believers exploit the fact that colonialism destroyed a lot of black history to ascribe your theistic beliefs to the entire black race. it's galling to hear the hubris from black theists that for a millennia prior to crossing paths with the white race that no black person has ever rejected the idea of deities.

I wholly reject the idea that black people are a race of natural-born worshippers.

Last edited:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
I mean, yeah, always been like that. LGBT are mainly white and all of them are atheists.

Not every Christian is some random redneck nutjob. Many simply have traditional values and follow the basic rules to have a normal life. Same with other religions.