Is anyone else watching Miss World 2014? (pics)

Tae

All Star
Daps
Yup, I'm Venezuelan and Trini. Lived in Trini for most of my life.

@Colicat Trinidad is a very diverse country. There's tons of women that are mixed, or what we call "dougla" here. I loved that she gave the world a chance to see how a lot of other women in Trinidad look.

What part of Trinidad were you born in? I'm from St. James.
When did you leave? When was the last time you were there?

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They put hindis as Miss. Trinidad and Ms. Guyana like the capitals are Delhi @Jisselle

:trash: :trash: :trash:

When I went to private school in Trinidad, not even half of the students were hindi.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup, I'm Venezuelan and Trini. Lived in Trini for most of my life.

@Colicat Trinidad is a very diverse country. There's tons of women that are mixed, or what we call "dougla" here. I loved that she gave the world a chance to see how a lot of other women in Trinidad look.

@Colicat
Uhh, the average Trinidadian is black or hindi, not dougla. This Trinidadian contestant girl is hindi, not black or dougla. She is indistinguishable from any random indian girl in canada. More and more I'm beginning to think you are Indian yourself. That is the only way I can reconcile the white-washing you consistently apply to Trinidad. You constantly overstate the "diversity" in Trinidad. I remember you said there were Mestizos in Trinidad even though census says there are none and never have been.

Last edited:

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What part of Trinidad were you born in? I'm from St. James.
When did you leave? When was the last time you were there?

Hey another Trini! I'm from Arima. I live here currently. How old were you when you left? You don't get homesick for some doubles girl! :mjcry:

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@Colicat
Uhh, the average Trinidadian is black or hindi, not dougla. This Trinidadian contestant girl is hindi, not black or dougla. She is indistinguishable from any random indian girl in canada. More and more I'm beginning to think you are Indian yourself. That is the only way I can reconcile the white-washing you consistently apply to Trinidad.

I'm not "white washing" anything. Trinidad is a very diverse country, and if it were a Latina Trini, Indian Trini, Dougla Trini or Black Trini, I would have been supporting her. Americans have the idea that we're not diverse, and we are. I wasn't saying this girl was dougla, I was stating that most of our citizens now are dougla, as the country has been very diversified. You don't live here and haven't for how long? Yet, you seem to know everything.

I don't see why because she's of a different race Trinidadians shouldn't support her or she shouldn't be considered Trini. Keep that racial bias up there in the North, we don't have it down here.:scust:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
I'm not "white washing" anything. Trinidad is a very diverse country, and if it were a Latina Trini, Indian Trini, Dougla Trini or Black Trini, I would have been supporting her. Americans have the idea that we're not diverse, and we are. I wasn't saying this girl was dougla, I was stating that most of our citizens now are dougla, as the country has been very diversified. You don't live here and haven't for how long? Yet, you seem to know everything.

I don't see why because she's of a different race Trinidadians shouldn't support her or she shouldn't be considered Trini. Keep that racial bias up there in the North, we don't have it down here.:scust:
Your Trini side is Indian?

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
Ms. Australia and Ms. England are top 5? :scust:

Ms. Australia looks like her skin is made of beef jerky
and Ms. England look like she been smoking for 20 years and needs an eye lift

Yes I'm hating.... where the melanin at?

Ms. Australia
article-2707974-200D2DA100000578-360_1024x615_large.jpg
Nah you ain't hatin.. shorty look hurt...she got that Fire Marshall Bill jaw

i-cdd93fe1ae6deee9912a1a1dc7169908-fire-marshall-bill.jpg