Iron Man 3

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Mandarins-ten-rings-570x558.jpg

Fire Breathing Superhuman Extremis Characters OK. Supernatural Powerful Rings a No No? GTFOH. They messed up badly with the Manderin.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You cant try to draw realism like that and then turnaround and give the audience an exposition on the power of his rings it just wouldnt go.So when madarin came out from takin a dump I was like :russ::manny:

Maybe. But, like I said, I'm not into the comics so I couldn't care less if they introduced the power rings or not. They always seemed like a little bit too much to me.

What I did care about is having an interesting villain. The nerd-to-suave, fire breathing guy looked kind of cool but was cliche, one-note and shallow. The terrorist angle had massive potential especially since Stark used to deal in weapons. Imagine the potential if someone like Joss Whedon wrote a super-villain played by legendary actor like Ben Kingsley.

I wanted Iron Man's Joker. Hell, I would have taken Iron Man's Bane or Iron Man's Loki. But what did we get? A brief "woah...didn't see that coming", a couple of laughs that killed every bit of suspense and drama, then the movie was over. If, in the end, they dropped a clue that he was faking it? That probably would have been awesome.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ok here is my opinion on iron man 3:

I saw it yesterday at 10am on 3d imax w/ my girl. I just now saw iron man 1 and 2 on Thursday and saturday. I didnt think either were great, just good, and i actually liked the 2nd one slighty better than the first (i now im in the minority). Only like 3 people clapped at the end of the movie, which is a huge difference when I saw avengers and the last batman movie which got huge applauds.

Ok, iron man 3 is my least favorite of the 3 movies,the mandarin twist was pure stupid. Ive only read like 2 iron man comics, so I dont know anything about the character. Once again like with the 1st movie, the villains were weak. The VP angle was pointless because the dude had like 2-3 lines the entire movie, it was as if it was just thrown in.

War machine/don cheadle pointless. Too much humor, too much stark, it felt like the adventures of tony stark rather than a ironman movie, i dont want to see tony stark fighting I want to see iron man fighting. To me this movie has no replay value and the whole tennessee thing was a drag, and way too many plotholes. I will just wait until 2015 to see avengers, i like seeing the marvel characters together not seperate, im much more of a batman superman type of guy

and paltrow killing the bad guy...yawn

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the record when I say "It Lacked Action", I was talking about Suit Action. RDJ was barely in the Iron Man suit but only 15 maybe 20 minutes of a 2 1/2 hour movie. Come on now. They took him out of the suit and turned the movie into a LethalWeapon/Bond/Bourne thing with RDJ playing detective. Also for the people asking "Why was Iron man Suit so weak". In defense this was a prototype suit that wasn't combat ready but there were flaws with the suits. Also Tony not having a Defense System in his House? Are you kidding? GTFOH.

yeah tony stark having the company that he had, should have had some sort of defense system seeing as though the world knew he was ironman unlike other superhero characters where their identity wasnt known

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
can somebody post all the spoliers for me? I'm not planning to see this movie in the theaters

Does the Mandarin rings have powers like in the comics?

Any other villains besides the Mandarin?

What happen after the credits?

post anything else important

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
At the theater now.. This shyt is gawd awful. Don't waste your money on this one. This has to be one of the worst comic book films ever

See... gross exaggerations like this is why i gets baffled like whiffle.

I know what you're saying, but apparently, you set your expectations higher than jesus suite.

but i truly are sticking to your guns, you prolly haven't seen Catwoman, Elektra, Blade 3, Spiderman 3, Batman & Robin...

... hell, Howard The Duck.

You say its the worst comic book movie.

What would you have done differently?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Look you dumb fukks the iron man villains can't be too powerful otherwise you would have to involve shield and the other avengers. If the mandarin was too powerful and have supernatural powers then it would need to be an avengers movie. Starks enemies will be somewhat domestic. You can't give iron man the same villain you would give the hulk or Thor.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

I know what you're saying, but apparently, you set your expectations higher than jesus suite.

but i truly are sticking to your guns, you prolly haven't seen Catwoman, Elektra, Blade 3, Spiderman 3, Batman & Robin...

My expectations aren't that high at all. My expectations are way more higher for sci fi joints than comic books films. I just want to be entertained for comic book films.

*A few Spoilers*

So I'm in theater and yes I used to read comics when I was younger. Its not about what would I have done differently its more about story cohesiveness. First of all it should've been titled Pepper Potts part 1. I don't mind her character and I like Gwenth Paltrow but come on she's supposed to be a secondary-third character. It was pretty much a love story with some James Bond elements thrown in. I hated how Stark could summon his armor at will, that was wack and unnecessary plus he was barely in his armor at in the entire film. What was War Machine's purpose- he was totally worthless.

The Mandarin twist was a little funny but wack as fukk in the long run especially when you realized that Guy Pierce's character was going to be the main villian:snoop: Did we really need a little cute kid angle in this film? About 20 minutes was wasted on typical 'love and perseverance' chit chats and quotes. Why was Starks' armor so fukking weak and cheap in this film? That shyt was falling to bits and pieces every ten minutes. Nothing would work, it lost power, he couldn't even fly half the time, he even hooked it up to a car battery I believe(I was falling asleep).

Didn't get the villians powers at all. They became more powerful as the movie progressed. and were they evil because they were getting paid to be evil or was the serum they took in those experiments making them evil?

Him and Don Cheadle became a buddy cop tandem running around with guns instead of hopping into their armor:ld: Supposedly the armor only recognizes Starks but Pepper Pots was in the armor with no problems- she even knew how to work it half way- go figure. More Potts, more Potts, and more Potts, we even have to stereotypically save her at the end in true action movie fashion. The ending was way too happy. Lol at Starks suddenly discovering a way to remove shrapnel from his heart and getting that surgery at the end where he no longer needs his chest plate. Why not leave that one alone. We know open heart surgery was invented decades ago, of course Starks couldn've had that done eons ago but the chest plate-heart mechanism is part of his character:mindblown:

I could go on forever. I see you standing strong with this one and I didn't mean to come off with hyperbole in my first post but seriously I was sitting in the theater like, "what the fukk am I watching here? This is no Iron Man movie". Everybody in the theater was falling asleep.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look you dumb fukks the iron man villains can't be too powerful otherwise you would have to involve shield and the other avengers. If the mandarin was too powerful and have supernatural powers then it would need to be an avengers movie. Starks enemies will be somewhat domestic. You can't give iron man the same villain you would give the hulk or Thor.

what about similar villain of batman which is the joker:comeon:

ironman and his whack ass villains

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Lol at Starks suddenly discovering a way to remove shrapnel from his heart and getting that surgery at the end where he no longer needs his chest plate. Why not leave that one alone. We know open heart surgery was invented decades ago, of course Starks couldn've had that done eons ago but the chest plate-heart mechanism is part of his character:mindblown:

I'm thinking Tony used the Extremis serum to heal his chest after he perfected for Pepper. There was no scar there...

Daps
Reppin
NULL

He said ONE OF THE WORST, breh.

He didn't say it was THEE worst.

At the end of the day, that's his opinion/ perception of what he saw.

Who cares?:yeshrug:

Personally, I thought the movie was shyt, but I'm not about to scold the people who thought it was dope

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
what about similar villain of batman which is the joker:comeon:

ironman and his whack ass villains

But batman wouldn't have been able to defeat any of the iron man villains.

The villains were not the problem. How they were incorporated into the story I will give you that much. The movie though was about tony telling a story about a random blow off of a random nikka came back to bite. It also was about him evolving in his role as iron man. I honestly wasn't studying the villain that much. It's almost like they wrote in a villain because they had to and they didn't want the movie to be about that.

C Con

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was meh - I would give it a 7/10 and that's even being generous. Didn't mind the Mandarin twist so much - he's a villain that's not on the level of a Joker/Lex Luthor/Magneto in terms of how well he is known to the general public. I understand serious comic book heads having issue with it though. My only question was near the end of the movie when all those Iron Man's came out to help - were those all based off of different Iron Man suits throughout the comic books???

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
Loved the movie, even with the villian twist. Saw it in IMAX 3d and I don't regret the $$ spent.

Stuff was entertaining, only people I can see being annoyed are people with a cross to bare from the comics (re the twist). Good summer popcorn movie take your girl or your son and have a good night out.

Iron man 1 >> 3 >>>> 2