Iron Man 3

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They gotta chill with all the "humor" in the Iron Man franchise. Yeah, I was laughing but it completely kills all the drama and suspense when they're constantly hitting us over the head with it.

Watching the trailer, I thought they'd learn their lesson from the over-the-top goofiness of Iron Man 2. I'm not a comic book head, but in the beginning, I got excited every time Mandarin came on screen. He was magnetic. I thought he'd be some Machiavellian, genius, arch nemesis. Then the "reveal" happens, I chuckled for a minute, then I felt disappointed.

They made some money so they'll keep doing this, but eventually the real comic-heads will backlash and the franchise will flounder and need to be rebooted (just like after Spider-man 3).

Everyone's reaction to the after-credit scene basically sums up my reaction to this movie: kind of funny, completely uninteresting, and ultimately pointless.
I aint going to say I support the twist but I wasnt as angry with it because the way madarin was being teased during the whole flick just didnt fit with the overall tone of the movie.I was never a fan of how his voice came off in the trailer but in the movie it seemed really bad.The dv film style and the terrorist shyt was too osama like.

You cant try to draw realism like that and then turnaround and give the audience an exposition on the power of his rings it just wouldnt go.So when madarin came out from takin a dump I was like :russ::manny:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
In the moment, I thoroughly enjoyed the twist. It's incredibly rare that a tentpole action film can deliver that kind of surprise.

I am NOT a comic head though, and as far as I understand The Mandarin character, I understand why people may feel cheated/disappointed.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Just got back from a showing earlier tonight. Didnt read too much of this thread and did not see any spoilers goin in.

This was a bad movie in my honest opinion. The twists were unncessary and i was looking forward to seeing the mandarin do work. Then tony was hardly in the suit. Him and rodey running around with guns 'wtf' is that? And the mansion scene :snoop: just corny.

Then the final battle :rudy: really breh... I was more disappointed in this than tdkr which was the biggest let down of last year imo... Not a good way to start the blockbuster season

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
U guys complain too fukkin much.

Before i saw the movie today, its all i saw on here since fri.

Just got back and dudes still nitpicking shiit.

Thank god most of yall arent tight w memin real life cuz id have nothin in common with you Critical Carls.

shyts disgust.

I enjoyed the shyt out of that movie. Greater than 2 is all i care about.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I thought that was a good twist. And now it makes sense why they didn't cast a Chinese dude to play mandarin.

Daps
Reppin
CA.
I smelt the twist coming, considering they had old ass Ben play The Mandarin.
If you're not a comic head like me, you'll like it.
But if you are, you might be disappointed.

With that being said, it's Hollywood
They twist shyt to accommodate and entertain the audience the way they see fit

I was disappointed at first, but when ol' boy popped open a Budweiser watching soccer I couldn't be mad
shyt had me
:lolbron::dead::pachaha::deadrose::manny::russ:

It was better than the 2nd, but I felt let down with the lack of Tony in the suit
I give it a 8 out of10

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I enjoyed it. I'm not a comic book nerd so the twist didn't bother me at all. I know of Mandarin from an iron man animated film from about 6 years ago so I know what he's capable of. My only gripe was the main villain wasn't all that thrilling.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't know why any of you didn't get the twist sooner

You never saw a live shot of him. NEVER until he pulled up in the spot in Miami. Usually you will see villians get their proper screen time in all of these Marvel movies.

Then there's motive. Guy Pierce was the one Stark spoke about at the beginning and it wasn't hard to tell who had the grudge. Then there was the plant at the beginning and the first guy who blew up. To me the plot twist only confirmed my suspicions.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I'll say again, when people say "Where were the other Avengers?"

It has to be kept in mind that all of the phase II movies might be taking place at the exact same time.

The Phase I movies were mostly going on at the same time too. Iron Man 2, Thor, and Incredible Hulk all overlap at some point.

After the Justice League movie comes out, are people going to be complaining that Superman doesn't help in all the other movies? Every movie from now on can't be Avengers-lite. Although Winter Soldier seems to be going that route

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I'm not a comic buff, but isn't iron man's armor supposed to be near indestructible? Every suit he had kept getting ripped to shreds or falling apart..

That girl Rebecca hall was looking sexy tho..dem lips..

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
For the record when I say "It Lacked Action", I was talking about Suit Action. RDJ was barely in the Iron Man suit but only 15 maybe 20 minutes of a 2 1/2 hour movie. Come on now. They took him out of the suit and turned the movie into a LethalWeapon/Bond/Bourne thing with RDJ playing detective. Also for the people asking "Why was Iron man Suit so weak". In defense this was a prototype suit that wasn't combat ready but there were flaws with the suits. Also Tony not having a Defense System in his House? Are you kidding? GTFOH.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a comic buff, but isn't iron man's armor supposed to be near indestructible? Every suit he had kept getting ripped to shreds or falling apart..

That girl Rebecca hall was looking sexy tho..dem lips..

Hell no...

They're durable as hell but when he starts fukking with people out of his weight class he's pretty much fukked. Plus is someone is smart enough they can exploit flaws in his armor.

Even in The Avengers if you really pay attention to the Thor/Iron Man fight, Thor is really just kind of toying with Stark. Stark was damn near fighting for his life and Thor never really cut loose like he should have.

My biggest disappointment about the Avengers though is they never did a Hulk/Iron Man fight. Historically those fights have always been entertaining

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I completely get what you saying, but I can't co-sign this comparison. Mandarin is definitely Iron Man's best villain (which isn't saying much honestly) but it's not on the level of Batman and Joker. Batman and Joker have an almost perverse symbiotic relationship that deeper than anything seen with Iron Man and Mandarin.

A better comparison is probably Spider-Man and Doc Ock.

I think Green Goblin and Venom are on that point too.