Iron Man 3

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw the movie at linden theaters in Brooklyn and the experience left a lot to be desired. The movie wasn't in 3D and the glasses were faulty. They actually paused the movie in the beginning to bring in a new box of glasses but the movie wasn't in 3D anyway so everyone got a free ticket to another movie.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He isn't really a token but they made him seem like one in this movie :heh:

At this point he kind of is just a token.

Even in the comics they refuse to do anything with the character. The last ongoing series the character had they named it "Iron Man 2.0" and Rhodey wasn't even the focus of the book (that he was supposedly the star of).

They put the character in an Avengers book and all he literally did during that series was fly other superheroes from point A to point B.

Last time they did anything good with the character in the comics was back in 2009 when they gave him his own series. They gave him this dope upgrade where he could integrate any sort of weapon into his armor and he went around the globe murdering terrorists.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:aicmon: movie was underwhelming.... I thought this shyt would be on par with IM1 and Avengers.

I'm not a comic nerd, so I don't know all the details and backstories of characters, but even to a casual fan the plot holes were just :snoop:

I know it's science fiction and whatnot, but IM3 kinda insults the intelligence of the audience. Like the writers really gave no fukks in terms of tying loose ends and plot holes; the plot holes have been documented enough, so no need to go into that.

However...... the formation of The Avengers should've really changed the Marvel Universe in a more substantial way. It was bad enough they pussified War Machine, but I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Captain America, SHIELD, Hulk etc. were all out there somewhere while The Mandarin and Extremis were running around terrorizing shyt :rudy:. What the fukk were the rest of them doing :wtf:? I know you can't have cameos in all the individual movies, but a least drop a line like "SHIELD is monitoring the situation" or "Captain America is on an undisclosed mission" or something to tie The Avengers together. It was like the other heroes didn't even exist. I just can't throw my common sense in the bushes that easily :beli:.

That preview for Thor looked :blessed: tho.

They were visiting Thor in Asgard. :skip:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll say again, when people say "Where were the other Avengers?"

It has to be kept in mind that all of the phase II movies might be taking place at the exact same time.

The Phase I movies were mostly going on at the same time too. Iron Man 2, Thor, and Incredible Hulk all overlap at some point.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bottom line is The Maderin is to Ironman/Tony Stark what the Joker is to Batman so that plot twist was disrespectful the whole character period.
Most fans let the race thing go but they dropped a great opportunity to have Tony face down his #1 villan. Instead he fought an under appreciated scientist that is new to Iron Man Cannon and not as vital as The Maderin was. Also the Trailers made it seem like Tony and the Madarin was in for a huge showdown so it's not only disappointing but you playing with people's emotions with that trailer. Imagine them changing the Joker in a drastic way, Batman fans would riot Or Lex Luther. This is why Fanboys or Comic Nerds were upset. I'm not a fanboy or Comic Nerd but I was mad cause this is the 3rd film, this is where everything is suppose to come together and Tony fight his arch nemesis. Instead I got a lame scientist and a great bad guy turned into a British actor for cheap laughs. The Twist was lazy writing and completely ruined a legendary character. This film is nowhere near the quality of Iron Man 1 or The Avengers.

Completely agree. Was still entertaining tho.

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lazy writing/ plothole is how did they find STARK in the 1st place in tennessee when everyone else presumed he was dead.

or how pepper potts was able to use one of the suits, especially at the end when stark told roadie that it only genetically operational thru him.

or, speaking of pepper potts and the suit, how was she able to KILL killian with one simple SHOT when a mega-ton EXPLOSION from the suit trapping killian COULDN'T DO IT???

that's lazy writing

They didn't find him, they was going to talk to the soldiers mother, the same one that Starks was going to talk to and that's how they found Starks...they wasn't looking for him, Starks fell in there lap. You don't remember the mom giving Starks her son's folder and Starks saying something like "Who was you supposed to meet here?" and she said something like "I thought you"

I'm not gonna sit here and say that there wasn't plot holes or whatever in it, but I suggest some of y'all watch the movie again before claiming all these plot holes :manny:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
:snoop: @ people just wanting every stand-alone Marvel movie to be an Avengers movie now

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Rhodey's black bruh :russ:

Cant have token taking shine from IronMan :manny:
Warmachine cracked a lot of skulls in the sequel and I think audiences felt he was encroaching on ironman's territory = all the ammo studio execs needed to neuter rhodes

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:snoop: @ people just wanting every stand-alone Marvel movie to be an Avengers movie now
Thats a ridiculous request but (if IR3 is anything to go by) I also aint down with the holding back on these phase 2 flicks so avengers(2) doesnt lose shine :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
At this point he kind of is just a token.

Even in the comics they refuse to do anything with the character. The last ongoing series the character had they named it "Iron Man 2.0" and Rhodey wasn't even the focus of the book (that he was supposedly the star of).

They put the character in an Avengers book and all he literally did during that series was fly other superheroes from point A to point B.

Last time they did anything good with the character in the comics was back in 2009 when they gave him his own series. They gave him this dope upgrade where he could integrate any sort of weapon into his armor and he went around the globe murdering terrorists.

His series was dope too bad it got cancelled :sadcam:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Warmachine cracked a lot of skulls in the sequel and I think audiences felt he was encroaching on ironman's territory = all the ammo studio execs needed to neuter rhodes

:what:

What sequel are you talking about?

In Iron Man 2 all he did was gets his ass kicked by Iron Man, have his suit taken over by Vanko, and he took out a couple of Hammer drones. Rhodey was virtually useless in ever film.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
They better leave it at that. Spiderman 2 shyts all over Amazing Spiderman

As far as IM3, I caught that shyt last night.I really don't know what to say about it.Didn't really feel like a superhero movie.

I don't know what to say about this shyt.It was just a weird ass, convoluted comic movie to me:yeshrug:

5.5-6/10

But that's just me....I watched that shyt with the :ld: face the whole time

i love Spiderman 2, I still :lawd: every time I pop in the dvd. The only thing I :snoop: about that movie is that I wished they wrapped up the Harry Osborn storyline in that flick cause I didn't need to see him whine and cry at Peter turning into the New Goblin then turning into Two-Face when Peter fukked up his face in Spiderman 3.... :scusthov:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:what:

What sequel are you talking about?

In Iron Man 2 all he did was gets his ass kicked by Iron Man, have his suit taken over by Vanko, and he took out a couple of Hammer drones. Rhodey was virtually useless in ever film.
While tony was on self destruct he was :cape: they had a significant battle (where he kicked tony's ass), as u say he got taken over by vanko and he shared the load in the final act with the protagonist.Even on the cover Pictures & Photos from Iron Man 2 - IMDb it shows them as equals. All that shyt rubbed a lot of cats the wrong way.Which is why rhodes role was almost nonexistent in the 3rd

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They gotta chill with all the "humor" in the Iron Man franchise. Yeah, I was laughing but it completely kills all the drama and suspense when they're constantly hitting us over the head with it.

Watching the trailer, I thought they'd learn their lesson from the over-the-top goofiness of Iron Man 2. I'm not a comic book head, but in the beginning, I got excited every time Mandarin came on screen. He was magnetic. I thought he'd be some Machiavellian, genius, arch nemesis. Then the "reveal" happens, I chuckled for a minute, then I felt disappointed.

They made some money so they'll keep doing this, but eventually the real comic-heads will backlash and the franchise will flounder and need to be rebooted (just like after Spider-man 3).

Everyone's reaction to the after-credit scene basically sums up my reaction to this movie: kind of funny, completely uninteresting, and ultimately pointless.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats a ridiculous request but (if IR3 is anything to go by) I also aint down with the holding back on these phase 2 flicks so avengers(2) doesnt lose shine :mjpls:

I think that's exactly what's going on.

They're sacrificing the solo flicks just to plant storyline seeds for the Avengers.They realize their "brand" is at it's apex right now.The hype for these movies is so huge, they're going to recoup their whole budget, and then some, by the time the first week of release up.

As it is, word of mouth travels a bit slow.By the time the general pop goes ":ohhh: this movie ain't that nice" You've already copped 600 mill off the hype alone:shaq:

Marvel got a good thing going.All they give a fukk about is the Avengers.I guess that's cool for them.Only REALLY having to feel any pressure to perform every 3-4 years:ehh:

They got it on cruise control over there