Iron Man 3

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: your gonna have to explain further why this is lazy writing or plot hole.

You must've missed the scene when he took the Audi key out of Savin's pocket.

lazy writing/ plothole is how did they find STARK in the 1st place in tennessee when everyone else presumed he was dead.

or how pepper potts was able to use one of the suits, especially at the end when stark told roadie that it only genetically operational thru him.

or, speaking of pepper potts and the suit, how was she able to KILL killian with one simple SHOT when a mega-ton EXPLOSION from the suit trapping killian COULDN'T DO IT???

that's lazy writing

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The bottom line is The Maderin is to Ironman/Tony Stark what the Joker is to Batman so that plot twist was disrespectful the whole character period.
Most fans let the race thing go but they dropped a great opportunity to have Tony face down his #1 villan. Instead he fought an under appreciated scientist that is new to Iron Man Cannon and not as vital as The Maderin was. Also the Trailers made it seem like Tony and the Madarin was in for a huge showdown so it's not only disappointing but you playing with people's emotions with that trailer. Imagine them changing the Joker in a drastic way, Batman fans would riot Or Lex Luther. This is why Fanboys or Comic Nerds were upset. I'm not a fanboy or Comic Nerd but I was mad cause this is the 3rd film, this is where everything is suppose to come together and Tony fight his arch nemesis. Instead I got a lame scientist and a great bad guy turned into a British actor for cheap laughs. The Twist was lazy writing and completely ruined a legendary character. This film is nowhere near the quality of Iron Man 1 or The Avengers.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bottom line is The Maderin is to Ironman/Tony Stark what the Joker is to Batman so that plot twist was disrespectful the whole character period.
Most fans let the race thing go but they dropped a great opportunity to have Tony face down his #1 villan. Instead he fought an under appreciated scientist that is new to Iron Man Cannon and not as vital as The Maderin was. Also the Trailers made it seem like Tony and the Madarin was in for a huge showdown so it's not only disappointing but you playing with people's emotions with that trailer. Imagine them changing the Joker in a drastic way, Batman fans would riot Or Lex Luther. This is why Fanboys or Comic Nerds were upset. I'm not a fanboy or Comic Nerd but I was mad cause this is the 3rd film, this is where everything is suppose to come together and Tony fight his arch nemesis. Instead I got a lame scientist and a great bad guy turned into a British actor for cheap laughs. The Twist was lazy writing and completely ruined a legendary character. This film is nowhere near the quality of Iron Man 1 or The Avengers.

I completely get what you saying, but I can't co-sign this comparison. Mandarin is definitely Iron Man's best villain (which isn't saying much honestly) but it's not on the level of Batman and Joker. Batman and Joker have an almost perverse symbiotic relationship that deeper than anything seen with Iron Man and Mandarin.

A better comparison is probably Spider-Man and Doc Ock.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So the pacing and writing was definitely better in this one than in part 2, good laughs and swag on one hundred thousand trillion. I agree that there should've been more emphasis on rdj being in the suit/fighting as iron man but whatever. I was never into ironman comics so I have no opinion on them playing the mandarin like that.

I'm assuming this is the end of the franchise? And will he be ironman for the next avengers movie?

they already said TONY STARK WILL RETURN after the credits

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
they already said TONY STARK WILL RETURN after the credits

They are talking about The Avengers 2 not Iron Man 4. I think RDJ will have to make his decision cause they will want Iron man 4 out by probably 2016 which is three years. This one will make over 1 Billion Worldwide at the Box Office. It's already at 580+ worldwide with 1 weekend US. and 2 Weeks overseas. So Disney will want a sequel. RDJ made over 50 Million with incentives with "The Avengers" and "Iron man 3".

He's negotiating for The Avengers 2 now and I'm sure they will try to lock him in for Iron Man 4. It's his choice as maybe RDJ is growing tired of doing Blockbusters as now he's done 3 Iron Mans, The Avengers and 2 Sherlock homles films. Maybe he wants a break. But with the success of Iron Man 3 Disney will break the bank. The Box office is what I call The Avengers bump. This is the defacto sequal to The Avengers and the start of Phase two. The After credits scene was weak but it did hint to The Avengers when I think about it

With us finding out Tony is telling the entire story of what happen to Bruce in past tense means he's back with The Avengers and is probably Iron Man more mentally since his reactor is taken out. Remember he had those dreams and the suit reacted. So the Tony Stark Will return is about The Avengers 2 but RDJ could make serious bank with Iron Man 4

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
lazy writing/ plothole is how did they find STARK in the 1st place in tennessee when everyone else presumed he was dead.

or how pepper potts was able to use one of the suits, especially at the end when stark told roadie that it only genetically operational thru him.

or, speaking of pepper potts and the suit, how was she able to KILL killian with one simple SHOT when a mega-ton EXPLOSION from the suit trapping killian COULDN'T DO IT???

that's lazy writing

They found Stark in Tennessee because they were there to get the files regarding the military guy turned bad guy from his mother who believed she was alive. Stark was also there to look into the military guy's disappearance.

All the shyt at the end regarding Pepper was pretty fukkin stupid though. They should have just killed her

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin

that's lazy writing

When are u dumbass nikkas gonna realize that there are plotholes in just about every action movie? :snoop:

That being said, movie was ass.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still at at loss for how much they shyt on Rhodey during these three films.

In the first film it was understandable, since it was an origin film. Stark actually made the Mark II for Rhodey but Rhodey blew him off so Stark donned the suit.

In the second film you got Stark outright calling Rhodey a sidekick while kicking his ass. Then Rhodey loses control of his suit during the final act. In the final big fight Stark does all the heavy lifting and Rhodey's Big attack is used as a joke.

In Iron man 3 all Rhodey does is point his guns at terrorists and save the president, THAT'S IT. He again gets used as a punchline more than he does anything bad ass or entertaining.

It doesn't even look like Rhodey and Stark are friends in the movies. fukking Banner and Stark seem more like friends than Rhodey and Stark.

What pisses me off about that shyt is that people REALLY wanted to see War Machine in the films and have him do cool shyt, but the studio seemingly went out of their way to do the exact opposite.

RugbyMan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:aicmon: movie was underwhelming.... I thought this shyt would be on par with IM1 and Avengers.

I'm not a comic nerd, so I don't know all the details and backstories of characters, but even to a casual fan the plot holes were just :snoop:

I know it's science fiction and whatnot, but IM3 kinda insults the intelligence of the audience. Like the writers really gave no fukks in terms of tying loose ends and plot holes; the plot holes have been documented enough, so no need to go into that.

However...... the formation of The Avengers should've really changed the Marvel Universe in a more substantial way. It was bad enough they pussified War Machine, but I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that Captain America, SHIELD, Hulk etc. were all out there somewhere while The Mandarin and Extremis were running around terrorizing shyt :rudy:. What the fukk were the rest of them doing :wtf:? I know you can't have cameos in all the individual movies, but a least drop a line like "SHIELD is monitoring the situation" or "Captain America is on an undisclosed mission" or something to tie The Avengers together. It was like the other heroes didn't even exist. I just can't throw my common sense in the bushes that easily :beli:.

That preview for Thor looked :blessed: tho.