Iron Man 3

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
For those wondering why Killan screamed "I AM MANDARIN" even tho the audience clearly knows he is behind it all - saw this somewhere online:

The Mandarin is a mad scientist.

Kingsley's character, even had he been real, would not have been.

Killian is a mad scientist.

The Mandarin is an extremely athletic martial artist. He has superhuman Chi channeling abilities, allowing him to karate-chop chunks off the armor. He gained those abilities by spending all of his kingdom's money on obsessive training, making him something of a metaphor for the military industrial complex. Essentially he broke the budget turning himself into a person of mass destruction instead of buying weapons of mass destruction.

Kingsley's character, even had he been real, was a shriveled old man. His constant railing against America suggests an enemy of the military industrial complex, the ultimate bitter retaliating victim.

Killian was an actual member of the military industrial complex, and was the ultimate example of such an archetype, his scheme all about utterly exploiting the war on terror for his own benefit. Additionally, he spent taxpayers money turning himself into a person of mass destruction.

The Mandarin is obsessed with perfection of mind and body, building himself into a scientific genius and a superhuman martial artist.

Kingsley's character, even if he had been real, shows no such obsession.

Killian starts out a nerd, and uses gene therapy to turn himself into superhuman creature capable of chopping armors into pieces with karate-chops, as well as simply looking taller, more athletic, more the ubermensche.

And while it's fairly minor compared to the above, he calls himself The Mandarin and has the dragon tattoos of The Mandarin. Killian is the Mandarin.

:ohhh:

... :sadcam: there goes my theory of Killan's fake being based on the real for a potential sequel :laugh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

Terminator 2 is wack now?

335411d1347020183-pc-gaming-upgrade-thread-pt-3-original.png

ok so it was a classic :snoop:

I apologies for thinking people could piece together what was said. It was unoriginal. Had elements of terminator 2 with poor execution. It was almost a parody of itself.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I liked it better than 2 but not 1. Didn't read the thread but knowing you nikkas I wouldn't doubt there is a bunch of complaining going on in here.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Some of you expect movies like this to give you backstory character development and detail of a tv series. But a tv series had multiple episodes. You can only do so much without making the movie too long. I thought it was dope for what they were trying to do. This is also the third iron man so they had to do something to keep the franchise fresh.

Yes there were a few plot holes but if you look at it from the perspective of stark telling a story one can assume every little detail will not get told. Looking at the big picture.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'm sorry but Comic Book Films peaked with "The Dark Knight and Iron Man" in 08 then got one last shot of life with "The Avengers". I feel it's down hill now. "The Amazing Spiderman" was an average Reboot, Not expecting much from part 2 especially with Jamie looking like he's from Avatar. "The Wolverine" looks OK but I'm concerned about that too. "Thor" look decent, I'm happy they are getting the hell off earth and going back to space. Well see what they do with Cap 2. but I agree I think Phase II isn't going to be good. And honestly outside of Iron Man 1 and The Avengers, Phase I wasn't that great either. Too Bad Joss can't direct all the movies.

You've still got Man Of Steel and Days Of Future Past to look forward too as far as Comic Book films go. I feel its just a BIT premature to begin hailing the end of good to great comic book films as Man Of Steel may be the spark that Warner Bros/DC needs to get their own film universe going properly and I doubt Singer wants to fukk up his Men resume by releasing a shytty Xmen movie based upon one of the best known and cherished storylines of that comic.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
First Off I Loved Tdkr I Dont Really Know Why nikkas Hating On What I Thought Was A Great Movie

Second I Try To Watch A Movie Without Reading Any Critics In It So That I CanGive It A Chance And Form My Own Opinions.

With That Being Said I Hated That Movie. I Tried To Like It But I Jsut Coudlnt Do It. It Aas Enjoyable Movie But I Just Couldnt Like It

Suprisingly I Had No Problem With The Lil Kid Scene. I Thought They Were Funny. But The Pots Tning At The End And That Manderin Twist fukked The Whole Movie Up For Me. That shyt Had So Much Wasted Potential,

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Ayo, my #TSC brehs or anyone keeping up with wrestling. Didn't Tony Stark seem like he was getting his CM Punk on during this movie? :heh:

He seemed to be playing a scaled down version of Vince Vaughn's character in the movie "Made" which was written and directed by Vaughn and Jon Favreau (Happy Hogan)

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Kingsley's "Trevor" is an actor, who's to say that his foolish, drunken behavior was..........just an act?, what if "Trevor" really is the Mandarin? What if Killian's declaration that he was the Mandarin merely part of the plan of misdirection?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldP1Gvt8WS0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldP1Gvt8WS0[/ame]

:russ:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
If Kingsley's "Trevor" is an actor, who's to say that his foolish, drunken behavior was..........just an act?, what if "Trevor" really is the Mandarin? What if Killian's declaration that he was the Mandarin merely part of the plan of misdirection?

That would invalidate that whole movie and basically be a huge fuk u to the fans cause you wasted your time watching it

You're trying to hard to defend it

Obviously the movie had holes and wasn't nearly as good add it could have been but I liked it.

I thought it was better than 2 but obviously far from the classic of part one

At the end of the day I got what I paid for.

If you liked it then stop letting these invisible internet geeks change your opinion :shaq:

There are soooo many action & sci fi movies coming out over the next 5-10 Years that we will all love

DC will drop a classic and some watchable flicks

Star Wars will be entertaining

Star treks will be piff

All the Marvel stuff

And the shyt inbetween like the Will Smith joint AfterEarth

This is going to be the best 10yr stretch that this genre had EVER seen

If a couple of movies are 5/10 so what in the long run it will be worth it for the gems
That will spawn

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That would invalidate that whole movie and basically be a huge fuk u to the fans cause you wasted your time watching it

You're trying to hard to defend it

Obviously the movie had holes and wasn't nearly as good add it could have been but I liked it.

I thought it was better than 2 but obviously far from the classic of part one

At the end of the day I got what I paid for.

If you liked it then stop letting these invisible internet geeks change your opinion :shaq:

There are soooo many action & sci fi movies coming out over the next 5-10 Years that we will all love

DC will drop a classic and some watchable flicks

Star Wars will be entertaining

Star treks will be piff

All the Marvel stuff

And the shyt inbetween like the Will Smith joint AfterEarth

This is going to be the best 10yr stretch that this genre had EVER seen

If a couple of movies are 5/10 so what in the long run it will be worth it for the gems
That will spawn

:whoa:

I was just having some fun

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry but Comic Book Films peaked with "The Dark Knight and Iron Man" in 08 then got one last shot of life with "The Avengers". I feel it's down hill now. "The Amazing Spiderman" was an average Reboot, Not expecting much from part 2 especially with Jamie looking like he's from Avatar. "The Wolverine" looks OK but I'm concerned about that too. "Thor" look decent, I'm happy they are getting the hell off earth and going back to space. Well see what they do with Cap 2. but I agree I think Phase II isn't going to be good. And honestly outside of Iron Man 1 and The Avengers, Phase I wasn't that great either. Too Bad Joss can't direct all the movies.

Sad but true. Just when thought about the possibilities, the studios realized the fans will eat this up, they start mass producing super heroes films as quickly as they can, and the quality suffers
Amazing Spider-Man, was underwhelming to say the less,
classic spider costume is way better, I don't know why they felt the need to change this, and the Lizard looked like an alien monster, not a man lizard hybrid
Now they wanna do Ant Man, and Guardian of the Galaxy or whatever the fukk it is, its just too much.
its wrapped, man of steel is looking good though, hopefully DC just sticks to Batman and Superman movies, and then have both of them in a movie together. fukk Justice League.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sad but true. Just when thought about the possibilities, the studios realized the fans will eat this up, they start mass producing super heroes films as quickly as they can, and the quality suffers
Amazing Spider-Man, was underwhelming to say the less,
classic spider costume is way better, I don't know why they felt the need to change this, and the Lizard looked like an alien monster, not a man lizard hybrid
Now they wanna do Ant Man, and Guardian of the Galaxy or whatever the fukk it is, its just too much.
its wrapped, man of steel is looking good though, hopefully DC just sticks to Batman and Superman movies, and then have both of them in a movie together. fukk Justice League.

amazing spiderman was one of the goat comic book movies wtf you talmbout?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
amazing spiderman was one of the goat comic book movies wtf you talmbout?

I'm sayin' tho. It was better than all three preceding Spider Man movies combined. They finally got spider-sense right, they finally got a wise-cracking skinny kid to play the part. The "Way of the Spider" martial art was done well. Gwen Stacy was canonically accurate... etc...

But dudes didn't like it cause the suit wasn't classic? :stopitslime: