Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 9.1%

• Total voters

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Close the door on Blackberry. They are too late to the game and unless they come through with changers I don't see anything positive coming their way.
Nah apparently BlackBerry can make one of those rare comebacks we see in technology. Heads just don't seem to understand how tech works...once the world moves on it is EXTREMELY difficult to come back unless you have Microsoft/Apple kind of money to fix the problems, listen to people, flood the market and undercut everyone else. BlackBerry is not in that position. They have 1 full month and 4 days to be the possible talk of the phone world, but Sammy is coming and they are coming in strong at $199 as well, HTC with that $100 back when you trade in an old :flabbynsick: phone...good luck BlackBerry.

IMO they should have considered entering with a free with 2 year contract option to get the market talking again as obviously htc and sammy could not come in at free with their latest offerings. Their numbers would have taken a hit, but it would be worth it...get that damn phone in people's hands.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know trends more than you do thats for sure. The Wii was a successful console in terms of sales, but it hasn't exactly translated into long term success even when it comes to the Wii U. Nintendo made the big mistake of catering to the casuals and ignoring the core audience and the sales now are reflecting what I thought would happen to them. Once the PS4/365 drop it might be over for their gimmick once and for all. In fact their sales have dipped significantly for years already...they are a fisher price/handheld company in my eyes.

I'll let you tell it about blackberry tho chief. No major app developers are talking blackberry, not many consumers care, and the 3.5 out of 5 and 7 out of 10 reviews are already starting to hit the net. This month was probably their best bet to gain some market share, but I see a SHARP...SHARP decline come April 26th.

Hell if HTC stopped bullshytting the HTC One should easily outsell that BlackBerry over the long term, but I have yet to see an advertisement for it on TV. Windows Phone has decent market share outside of the United States as well, but lets conveniently ignore that and talk about BB yeah!

All this back and forth really means nothing as I have no dog in this fight and will be trying the Z10 once its released, but to have this crazy optimism like "BlackBerry is BACK BABY!" is a bit far fetched. Not many outside of crackberry.com feel the same way and take a look at the tech sites if you want as close to unbiased feedback as you can get...nobody cares. If you look at the BB Z10 review on the verge 3 things stand out. Battery Life 5/10 and of course that ecosystem at 5/10, but mot importantly? Everyone in there debating whether there is room for 4th place for blackberry to survive.

1. The wii-u and the wii are different products and aimed unfortunately at different user base...that was the failure of Nintendo...if they would have built on the Wii rather than re-engineer the product completely we wouldn't be having this conversation. That's like Aaple coming out with a keypad device after Iphone 1.

2. WP# are a distant 4th in all userbases that I've seen. BB is #1 in several countries, how are you comparing the two? They aren't comparable until WP# can surpass BB at least in the U.S. let alone anywhere else.

3. Unbiased feedback? 50% of the BB Z10 buyers are coming from IOS or Android per most surveys.

4. Unbiased feedback? Z10 has sold out in several countries

5. Unibased feedback? Someone purchased 1M worth of Z10's just last week.

6. Unbiased feedback? the CEO says 100,000 apps will be released for the U.S. launch, instagram, whatsapp, netflix, skype are all said to be on board.

7. The negative scores on these reviewers sites are not on the hardware, OS, or the general product...it's on the ecocystem (as I mentioned before) or small bugs that happen because it's a NEW OS...the battery issue has been fixed in the latest OS. The ecosystem can be improved and will be.

.once the world moves on it is EXTREMELY difficult to come back unless you have Microsoft/Apple kind of money to fix the problems,

BBRY has a lot of money on hand, which is why they were able to develop a new OS over the 2years and basically produce lack luster products without going belly up. Everyone knows the OS is strong and people are adopting to it quick...the S4 post mortem has been devastating there's no hype for it at all. You know it as wel as I do.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
why would you hate my friend. Everyone pretty much says it looks ike an iphone knockoff, so how does it look horrific?

lastly, it's a new OS of course there was some kinks but I have never seen the word "buggy" associated with it in any reviews.:shaq2:

The white is lovely! I'm getting it in black and will be ordering a phantomskinz carbon fiber in platinum :smile:

Naw, the phone looks like trash sorry. Its an iphone rip off from the body to the OS. Why cop this crap when Apple sells an extremely good phone that does every thing this phone does and more?

As far as the best phone out right now, its a current tie between the Lumia 920 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. This phone is sadly a day late and a dollar short. I'm sure some of the balckberry die hards will purchase in a pathetic attempt to seem "different" from the pack, but this phone will flop unfortunately.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw, the phone looks like trash sorry. Its an iphone rip off from the body to the OS. Why cop this crap when Apple sells an extremely good phone that does every thing this phone does and more?

As far as the best phone out right now, its a current tie between the Lumia 920 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. This phone is sadly a day late and a dollar short. I'm sure some of the balckberry die hards will purchase in a pathetic attempt to seem "different" from the pack, but this phone will flop unfortunately.

not everyone wants a phablet...what does the Iphone 5 do that this phone can't do?

How about true multi-taksing? Can the iphone5 do that???? NO? Oh i guess you still got Siri...lol

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
1. The wii-u and the wii are different products and aimed unfortunately at different user base...that was the failure of Nintendo...if they would have built on the Wii rather than re-engineer the product completely we wouldn't be having this conversation. That's like Aaple coming out with a keypad device after Iphone 1.

2. WP# are a distant 4th in all userbases that I've seen. BB is #1 in several countries, how are you comparing the two? They aren't comparable until WP# can surpass BB at least in the U.S. let alone anywhere else.

3. Unbiased feedback? 50% of the BB Z10 buyers are coming from IOS or Android per most surveys.

4. Unbiased feedback? Z10 has sold out in several countries

5. Unibased feedback? Someone purchased 1M worth of Z10's just last week.

6. Unbiased feedback? the CEO says 100,000 apps will be released for the U.S. launch, instagram, whatsapp, netflix, skype are all said to be on board.

7. The negative scores on these reviewers sites are not on the hardware, OS, or the general product...it's on the ecocystem (as I mentioned before) or small bugs that happen because it's a NEW OS...the battery issue has been fixed in the latest OS. The ecosystem can be improved and will be.

BBRY has a lot of money on hand, which is why they were able to develop a new OS over the 2years and basically produce lack luster products without going belly up. Everyone knows the OS is strong and people are adopting to it quick...the S4 post mortem has been devastating there's no hype for it at all. You know it as wel as I do.
I bet the Z10 will be $100 or less on a two year contract 30-60 days after launch. They simply cannot compete at that price...especially when people view blackberry as inferior. This is another case of you playing cheerleader for a company you loved. It's over for BlackBerry as a major player breh...I tried to warn the PALM folks who were claiming WebOS was too revolutionary to fail...and it failed. BlackBerry will either be sold or continue to operate on a small scale. I see them at 4th place.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get mine wednesday so we'll see what the fuss is about....

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bet the Z10 will be $100 or less on a two year contract 30-60 days after launch. They simply cannot compete at that price...especially when people view blackberry as inferior. This is another case of you playing cheerleader for a company you loved. It's over for BlackBerry as a major player breh...I tried to warn the PALM folks who were claiming WebOS was too revolutionary to fail...and it failed. BlackBerry will either be sold or continue to operate on a small scale. I see them at 4th place.

That's the carriers problem, if they need to push more phones they will drop the price...this isn't xmas and with S4 launching shortly they probably will need to drop the price.

another case of playing cheerleader, you keep going back to Nintendo but as I've sai dseveral time and you can't deny "I was right". And I'm right about the Z10 and Blackberry...Blackberry will not go the palm route...if they do sell themselves it won't be at a garage sale price like palm had to do. The palm pre did NOT sale...the Z10 is selling, BB still has mobile fusion, and several international markets that are solely blackberry.

You don't understand the market domestically or internationally...you just konw the S4 and Iphone are the top selling phones and that's what your basing your arguements on. Good thing you aren't investing money or you'd be broke.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
That's the carriers problem, if they need to push more phones they will drop the price...this isn't xmas and with S4 launching shortly they probably will need to drop the price.

another case of playing cheerleader, you keep going back to Nintendo but as I've sai dseveral time and you can't deny "I was right". And I'm right about the Z10 and Blackberry...Blackberry will not go the palm route...if they do sell themselves it won't be at a garage sale price like palm had to do. The palm pre did NOT sale...the Z10 is selling, BB still has mobile fusion, and several international markets that are solely blackberry.

You don't understand the market domestically or internationally...you just konw the S4 and Iphone are the top selling phones and that's what your basing your arguements on. Good thing you aren't investing money or you'd be broke.
:laff:

you are straight up in denial my dude. Right, let's put ALL the blame on the carriers now because clearly BlackBerry won't have to play nice with them to give them that extra cash to cover the loss. You sitting there acting like there is this crazy buzz for BlackBerry when the shyt will be like spotting a vita out in the open.

BTW, you were "right" in the sense that Nintendo sold more than anyone else, but was the cost of going to that casual extreme worth it? I don't think it was...thus turning the Wii project into a fukking disaster. That shyt left a sour taste in gamers mouth when the White AND Black Wii's sold turned grey due to all that dust accumulating on it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
If you trying to stunt, cop a Audi R8. You're not impressing anyone with a iPhone tens of millions of people already have.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
got a z10 and an itouch. :leostare: wtf do i need an iphone for?

Who's your carrier? I ordered mine through verizon saturday...I got a shipping confirmation monday but that was for something else...I think I gotta wait until the 28th

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw, the phone looks like trash sorry. Its an iphone rip off from the body to the OS.

Have you ever seen the OS? I'm not talking about a picture but video of the OS in action? I believe its designed after or similarly to the playbook (which I also have) and to compare the OS is like debating what's better mario or sonic....while they are both side scrollers with minor similarities (like being predominately single player) they are completely different

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff:

you are straight up in denial my dude. Right, let's put ALL the blame on the carriers now because clearly BlackBerry won't have to play nice with them to give them that extra cash to cover the loss. You sitting there acting like there is this crazy buzz for BlackBerry when the shyt will be like spotting a vita out in the open.

BTW, you were "right" in the sense that Nintendo sold more than anyone else, but was the cost of going to that casual extreme worth it? I don't think it was...thus turning the Wii project into a fukking disaster. That shyt left a sour taste in gamers mouth when the White AND Black Wii's sold turned grey due to all that dust accumulating on it.

Dude the Wii was still selling and is still selling software, what are you talking about?? Obviously the life cycle of the Wii would be shorter than the Xbox and PS3 and that's where the Wii-U should have improved on the experience but again Nintendo decided to go backwards/copy Xbox and that's why they are losing right now. You don't get it, so not going to bring this back up...you took an "L" just admit it.

The carriers have control on the price they offer and if they lower prices in a month to combat the S4 then that s on them...I doubt BB gives them cash to cover any losses if the product is selling out internationally but not saying it won't happen...at the end of the day the margins on the phones aren't where they get th most cash from anyway it's the recurring revenues.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Dude the Wii was still selling and is still selling software, what are you talking about?? Obviously the life cycle of the Wii would be shorter than the Xbox and PS3 and that's where the Wii-U should have improved on the experience but again Nintendo decided to go backwards/copy Xbox and that's why they are losing right now. You don't get it, so not going to bring this back up...you took an "L" just admit it.

The carriers have control on the price they offer and if they lower prices in a month to combat the S4 then that s on them...I doubt BB gives them cash to cover any losses if the product is selling out internationally but not saying it won't happen...at the end of the day the margins on the phones aren't where they get th most cash from anyway it's the recurring revenues.
Again with your Nintendo BS. Dog the Wii left a sour taste in gamers mouth's and the Wii U selling the way it has been is all the damn proof I need. Everything else is circumstantial BS that people keep throwing out there "oh there are no exclusives, there are no first party titles" and who's fault is that exactly? The Wii was a one time phenomenon and Nintendo should have realized that they needed to get away from that name entirely this go around, why? Because as I have been trying to get through your thick skull that it indeed outsold the 360 and ps3, but was it worth all this? It has absolutely ZERO buzz and they are the only "next gen" console out at the moment. This is what happens when you diss the core audience...what non-casual gamer you know takes the Wii U seriously? They have a slight interest...might pick it up later in the generation to play some exclusive titles, then dump it off and I am in that same group. Some claim to be done with Nintendo entirely and I can't blame them for taking that stance after the Wii library was 95% shovelware. You thinking that the Wii U is not selling because they "copied" Microsoft and SONY just proves how delusional you are. Its almost like you refuse to put a good amount of blame to the companies you care about.

I don't need to revisit the BlackBerry shyt anymore, but I will one last time. The initial run of blackberry phones will be sold at a contract price of $200 to the fans like yourself. After that run and the inevitable drop off tho? BlackBerry better start getting aggressive because the competition is brutal and I highly doubt Verizon or AT&T are going to keep taking that risk and having to sell at $200 for a damn BlackBerry....unless of course it makes sense for them to do so if they can't keep them in stock (which is obviously not going to happen after the first rush). They touched up on this in the latest engadget podcast and I was just nodding my head in agreement because that is how I viewed it once they announced that it will be $200 on contract.

The shyt is simple at the end of the day. The HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S IV, The iPhone 5S (I am assuming) will all be relatively new. So put yourself in the position of Verizon or AT&T. They want to cover all tracks and please their customers, but the blackberry is just not selling that well. What incentive would BlackBerry have to offer to get Verizon and AT&T to push it? That's right...offer it at a lower price to them so they can both turn around and offer it down at $49-$99 on contract. Will BlackBerry be losing money off each unit sold? Probably, but that's the position they are in and if BlackBerry (RIM) tries to take that stubborn ass stance like they did with the fukking POS playbook they released I don't see them doing well AT ALL. You cheer leading with your BlackBerry logo pom poms citing international appeal is not going to change that fact. In fact, I think NOKIA has a strong position around the globe overall. Even at $49-$99 there are no guarantees because consumers are already acustomed to iOS and Android and both of them have phones you can pick up at that price range.

The Z10 needed to be free on contract IMO as that was the only way they could have stolen some of that momentum from everywhere else. I had this same conversation with Windows Phone heads about the Lumia 920...and guess what? I was right

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again with your Nintendo BS. Dog the Wii left a sour taste in gamers mouth's and the Wii U selling the way it has been is all the damn proof I need. Everything else is circumstantial BS that people keep throwing out there "oh there are no exclusives, there are no first party titles" and who's fault is that exactly? The Wii was a one time phenomenon and Nintendo should have realized that they needed to get away from that name entirely this go around, why? Because as I have been trying to get through your thick skull that it indeed outsold the 360 and ps3, but was it worth all this? It has absolutely ZERO buzz and they are the only "next gen" console out at the moment. This is what happens when you diss the core audience...what non-casual gamer you know takes the Wii U seriously? They have a slight interest...might pick it up later in the generation to play some exclusive titles, then dump it off and I am in that same group. Some claim to be done with Nintendo entirely and I can't blame them for taking that stance after the Wii library was 95% shovelware. You thinking that the Wii U is not selling because they "copied" Microsoft and SONY just proves how delusional you are. Its almost like you refuse to put a good amount of blame to the companies you care about.

I don't need to revisit the BlackBerry shyt anymore, but I will one last time. The initial run of blackberry phones will be sold at a contract price of $200 to the fans like yourself. After that run and the inevitable drop off tho? BlackBerry better start getting aggressive because the competition is brutal and I highly doubt Verizon or AT&T are going to keep taking that risk and having to sell at $200 for a damn BlackBerry....unless of course it makes sense for them to do so if they can't keep them in stock (which is obviously not going to happen after the first rush). They touched up on this in the latest engadget podcast and I was just nodding my head in agreement because that is how I viewed it once they announced that it will be $200 on contract.

The shyt is simple at the end of the day. The HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S IV, The iPhone 5S (I am assuming) will all be relatively new. So put yourself in the position of Verizon or AT&T. They want to cover all tracks and please their customers, but the blackberry is just not selling that well. What incentive would BlackBerry have to offer to get Verizon and AT&T to push it? That's right...offer it at a lower price to them so they can both turn around and offer it down at $49-$99 on contract. Will BlackBerry be losing money off each unit sold? Probably, but that's the position they are in and if BlackBerry (RIM) tries to take that stubborn ass stance like they did with the fukking POS playbook they released I don't see them doing well AT ALL. You cheer leading with your BlackBerry logo pom poms citing international appeal is not going to change that fact. In fact, I think NOKIA has a strong position around the globe overall. Even at $49-$99 there are no guarantees because consumers are already acustomed to iOS and Android and both of them have phones you can pick up at that price range.

The Z10 needed to be free on contract IMO as that was the only way they could have stolen some of that momentum from everywhere else. I had this same conversation with Windows Phone heads about the Lumia 920...and guess what? I was right

1. You're a fool. The Wii and the Wii-U have very little in common, the reason why no one is buying the Wii U is because it doesn't appeal to CASUAL gamers like the original Wii did and it doesn't have ANY good software. They made a hard core gamers system without any hard core games....can't you get that through your head?:ohlawd:

You saying it was a one-time phenomena is wild speculation because they chose to go away from producing a casual gamers system, but I guess the DS and gameboys were one-time phenomena's as well?? Or do you put them under the "hard core gamers" console category? LOL

No one is buying gaming consoles anyway period, you won't see any Xbox, Wii, or Xbox 360 #s from any hard core gaming system period. When the PS4 drop it will need to be multi-faceted for it to garner any traction.

Dude, any phone you offer free is going to sale for the most part. And of course the BB price will eventually drop. No one is disputing that...what I will dispute is you continuing saying sales won't be good and you have no idea what you're talking about. Also, the carriers tyically buy phones up front and if they have to get rid of inventory they will drop prices....then they negotiate replenishment prices if needed. That's how it works, if the RIM/BBRY has to drop it's price then that means the carrier(s) has sold off the inital inventory of phones....either way, that's a good sign.

Dont' worry about it, I have this thread saved and will definitely be back to hit you with the "told you so's" once again, like I usually do.