iPad Pro 2018 Reviews

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
Some of these models cost more than decent laptops. The Verge review basically complained that as powerful a device as this new iPad is it's still crippled by the limitations Apple places on iOS. It's hardware more powerful than many computers with an OS that doesn't let it fully use the power.
It's also going to be worse than a comparable laptop in the same price range tbh

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
11 inch on deck (pause)
I love this shyt. Display is beautiful, guestures on iOS 12 are efficient and it’s the most snappy computing device I’ve ever used. speakers are Knockin!

I’ll be using this exclusively for video edits, and I’ve seen someone doing livestream on YouTube from it and the Audio and video was FLAWLESS.

$949 for 256 gigs is over priced you should get that for 799 but I payed that tax because the editing apps (lumafusion) on iOS are >>> and because saving a couple hundred on surface pro but losing airdrop and iMessage is a no for me dawg.
I’m buying this for digital art, video editing, writing and watching movies and shyt.

Still need my PC for certain things.

The only three things that bother me:

1. Currently no USB type c dongles that will let you split with an 3.5mm jack 2-in-1 type option so that you can charge and listen to music at the same time.
2. No expandable storage through usb type c.
3. I don’t know of any current video editing apps that allow you to import transitions.

As a fellow video editor, do you know of any apps that allow you to import transitions?

Seems like you’re just stuck with the few each video editor for iOS has.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m buying this for digital art, video editing, writing and watching movies and shyt.

Still need my PC for certain things.

The only three things that bother me:

1. Currently no USB type c dongles that will let you split with an 3.5mm jack 2-in-1 type option so that you can charge and listen to music at the same time. never thought about this because airpods
2. No expandable storage through usb type c. This is some BS and theres no excuse for it but the wifi based WD drives will serve this purpose
3. I don’t know of any current video editing apps that allow you to import transitions.

As a fellow video editor, do you know of any apps that allow you to import transitions? Lumafusion got importing transitions covered

Seems like you’re just stuck with the few each video editor for iOS has.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I don’t know what I’ll do with my existing 2015 iPad Pro but in preparation for the 2018 version I’m getting soon I’ve just been going through all the apps I already have and playing around with them to see if they are worth having on the new iPad Pro because I’m not getting the more expensive options that has a lot of memory. I’m either getting 64gb or 256gb version.

Laptop Mag has all the specs. New iPad Pro 2018 12.9-inch

The actual battery life is over 13 hours and beats Surface Pro 6, Galaxy Book 2 and Dell XPS in every category listed in that article.

shyts ridiculous and I love the Apple Pencil improvements. Same size as a sheet of paper. I might even trace my older sketches instead of scanning them.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
shytty or non-existent internet/WiFi is why I don’t want to depend on WiFi Drives. I also have dope Bluetooth headsets but I travel to Australia 1 to 2 times a year and leaving from Florida that’s a long ass trip. Just saying.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
shytty or non-existent internet/WiFi is why I don’t want to depend on WiFi Drives. I also have dope Bluetooth headsets but I travel to Australia 1 to 2 times a year and leaving from Florida that’s a long ass trip. Just saying.
wifi drives connect straight to your device not a wifi internet connection. and a side notw THe wifi on my ipad pro 11 inch works places my xs max does not. im happy

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
wifi drives connect straight to your device not a wifi internet connection. and a side notw THe wifi on my ipad pro 11 inch works places my xs max does not. im happy
SAY WHAT???? So on your 2018 11 inch iPad it works? Can you shoot me a link to what you talking bout I’m kinda ignant.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Super In Depth Review: 2018 iPad Pro review: “What’s a computer?”

"Photoshop is coming, yes, and so is AutoCAD. A brief Photoshop demo that Adobe gave me illustrated that there really are reasons you might use this instead of your desktop. The value proposition is real, and based on that demo, the iPad version of Photoshop ought to prove to everyone that the iPad Pro doesn't need reduced functionality when running apps we've used on the desktop before.

But what about full versions of Illustrator or Adobe Premiere? Or Apple’s own Final Cut, for that matter? What about Xcode? What about Logic? What about… this could go on."

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So um yeah this happened.
DBYQZbK.gif

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I saw that last week been looking for a durable case before buying the new ipad ever since. There are none yet. Meanwhile my first gen iPad pro still tough as shyt in it's cheap plastic keyboard case.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Dumb how easily it bends, for that amount of money. Does making durable items matter for any of the manufacturers anymore??
Apple always manages to mess up new devices. They just announced the iPhone X has touch screen issues almost a year after release.

People better be careful with this new iPad and not just toss it in a backpack or leave it somewhere it might get accidentally sat on.