Veteran
Supporter
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
'Invincible' live-action movie will exist separate from Amazon's animated series

I misspoke....they're doing a movie

Which I don't agree with actually, I think the movie will probably be forced and unnecessary whereas a series would be really decent but expensive IMO

Yeah this is wild dumb.

The best format for telling long form story (novel, comic series, etc.) is obviously a TV series.

Anything the movie is going to do in two hours, is going to be done better in the series. And I'm saying this with 100% confidence despite only seeing the first ep so far.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
had this conversation with my boy the other day, we both agreed without a doubt its better. The Boys was the shyt too, but it's clear invincible does everything it does, only better.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah this is wild dumb.

The best format for telling long form story (novel, comic series, etc.) is obviously a TV series.

Anything the movie is going to do in two hours, is going to be done better in the series. And I'm saying this with 100% confidence despite only seeing the first ep so far.

Fred.
Series gets better....dig in

Amazon is going to eat off of this for at least 4 seasons....maybe 5

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Invincible is dope, but it's not fukking with The Boys. :manny:

The way the book destroyed damn near every single superhero title ever written on some over the top :troll:shyt was :laff::laff::laff:

It was the true definition of No Sacred Cows/ Anybody Can Get It.

Invincible does a really good job of taking existing characters, remixing them and then making a new story out of them though

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Only watched the first ep of "Invincible" but I was pretty :ld: towards it.

The swerve at the end was cool but when a series premiere is only good or talked about because it's last 2-3 minutes....I dunno. This shyt was hyped to high heaven, I expected more from the first ep.
The trajectory of the whole show changes after that moment. I hope you keep watching.

I’m new to the franchise. Never read the comics, so during the first episode it felt like there were hints of underlying darkness at some parts but I still wasn’t sure of what the show was trying to be until that last sequence. It’s like the ultimate bait and switch. I love that despite all the gore, the show can still tap into my emotions and get a genuine reaction out of me during the most tension filled scenes. With The Boys, I don’t think I’ve ever had a moment like I did during the season finale of Invincible.

Don’t like this comparison though. Two different realms with one show being live-action and the other being animation. Comp gonna look even more weird when Invincible’s budget bumps up next season. You can just get away with a lot more in animation.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The trajectory of the whole show changes after that moment. I hope you keep watching.

I’m new to the franchise. Never read the comics, so during the first episode it felt like there were hints of underlying darkness at some parts but I still wasn’t sure of what the show was trying to be until that last sequence. It’s like the ultimate bait and switch. I love that despite all the gore, the show can still tap into my emotions and get a genuine reaction out of me during the most tension filled scenes. With The Boys, I don’t think I’ve ever had a moment like I did during the season finale of Invincible.

Don’t like this comparison though. Two different realms with one show being live-action and the other being animation. Comp gonna look even more weird when Invincible’s budget bumps up next season.

Nah I'm 100% gonna watch it all. That was never in question. It's just people I know hyped the fukk out of the premiere so it didn't hit that much for me. But :manny: that's neither here nor there.

Fred.

Daps
I will also say Season 2 of the Boys was not as good as Season one. If Invincible does the opposite and continually improves it has the opportunity to pass the Boys for me.

The Boys had a spark when it started. S2 was a chore to get through. I'd take Invincible.

Absolutely shocked to see this season 2 hate...the way they handled that stormfr0nt shyt was masterful. :dwillhuh:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Only reason I watched Invincible was for the fights and animation:manny:
I find most of the characters uninteresting. Plus I couldn't avoid the spoilers for it.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Yeah this is wild dumb.

Fred.
Series is some heat. Def need to finish it brodie.