Internet forums are disappearing because now it's all Reddit and Discord. And that is worrying

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Being honest forums have been dying for a decade plus.

It's a shame because they are a far better format for actual discussion than reddit and far far better than social media.
I'm 50/50 on it. I prefer message boards like thecoli because it's fewer users and you get to know the different users and personalities. But I think Reddit has it's place for discussing more niche topics like TV shows or individual artists where people go more in depth and can find more people doing deep dives on them.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Both are awful imo, like Reddit does has its use, you can find answers to shyt, its great to find streams, torrent sites, hacked apps etc, but as a social plataform to have conversations about a topic is awful imo.

Discord is just shyt for me, its the same as IRC back in the day, a bunch of people talking at the same time, awful for discussion, my friends use it for online play but I barely play online and when I do I just call them on whatsapp, they hate it but at the end of the day is the exact same shyt as calling them on discord.
Yup. Everytime I try discord I quickly give it up. It's only useful for really small groups to communicate at which point why not just have a group chat on the cell phone.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Anonymity is what makes forums interesting. No followers, no superficial projection, a lesser hive -mind. The person on the other side of the screen could be anyone. Only things that differentiates is your posts.
Nikkas say anything on forums… cause their social identity isn’t linked to it…

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Some of the reddits are cool like I've told y'all in the other thread. It's mostly reddit and Twitter where the majority of hip hop discussions be.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Have you noticed people who post on forums are 30+.
The younger generation are not using it