Intermittent Fasting is by far most overrated fad in the fitness community right now

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Any eight hour block you choose.
Eating only sensibly or can a breh have pizza?

If done consistently, how long until results are visible? Are you doing it? If so, whats your 8 hour period?

:leon:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Eating only sensibly or can a breh have pizza?

If done consistently, how long until results are visible? Are you doing it? If so, whats your 8 hour period?

:leon:
Well now we are going to get into the weeds.

30K foot view if the pizza keeps you in a caloric balance lower than your "needs" than have it. Personally I don't buy the thinking that it's a magic pill that has certain ranging impact. I think the biggest benefit is the ability to help control calories in a shorter window.

I did it for a while with some success and some failure. I workout around 6AM most so waiting until Noon to eat isn't smart. That said on days I don't workout I usually won't eat before Noon (coffee with some heavy cream to get going in the morning) but a lot of times 2:00PM and normally stop eating around 6:00PM. The meals are so big I'm not hungry again before I go to sleep.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I don't see reason you would need to change generally.

Since it's Ramadan when will you work out?

Here we break fast around 8:15ish I believe this year, so I'll workout like 7PM-7:50,7:55ish and head home and eat a date, then drink the protein shake and try to eat healthy as possible. Take the last week off. for my body to recoup.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Might want to dial volume back since you will be going all day without eating. Big picture you should be good but no need to push it IMO.

Curt Hunt

Rookie
Daps
Here we break fast around 8:15ish I believe this year, so I'll workout like 7PM-7:50,7:55ish and head home and eat a date, then drink the protein shake and try to eat healthy as possible. Take the last week off. for my body to recoup.

Casein might come in useful if you take it just before your fast starts in the morning.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I somewhat do this on days I don't work I eat my first meal of the day around 12-1 then about 4-5 I have a fruit smoothie and closer to 9-10 I have my second meal of the day. I find that if I do it I can stick to my calorie goal of the day much easier. It's easier to eat 2 meals at about 1000 calories each then put the rest of the calories of the day into a protein shake and I stay close to 2200-2400 calories a day. When I add that third mean the meals get too small.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I have used it before, worked well for me, got me lean and I was eating way more carbs than I normally used to tolerate. It got the the point where I went fukkit mode and was still losing. Keto keeps me more in line but as of recent, there are things I love like fruit yogurt that made me throw keto in the bushes for now.