Inside Xbox 20/20|First look at next gen games on Xbox Series X{Over}

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Need to STOP apologizing and DO BETTER next time. MS had good momentum and almost crashed it off course with this event which was not needed. Aaron and the MS marketing team just SUCKS. Should have never hyped this up instead said, "we are showing cross gen games from smaller devs that look GOOD on the Series X. Our BIG surprises are coming in July. Stay tuned.:smugdraper:" That easy.... lol. Instead they hype it up as some game changing event with gameplay(when there hardly wasn't any) with many of the games being AA indie games. Of course people would be disappointed. Again the people at Xbox need to stop apologizing and just do better because now the gaming media is criticizing them and not just fans.

Microsoft still hasn't realized that since the Xbox One not only consumers but the gaming media are going to be on their neck 24/7 and looking for any screw ups. MS can not afford any screw ups. Stop apologizing.... And now because of this "event" you have laymen who really think next gen won't be a leap.

They have weird marketing in that they can't seem to garner the hype levels a NIntendo or Sony event does most of the time. Even Sony will fall back and temper expectations for their own event like the one they did for I think E3 2018 where they just simply said it'll be smaller and more focused on a few games which it was. Then for PSX 2018 they just said it's just a talk event nothing major.

Microsoft on the other hand seems to rely on fake hype by their most dedicated stans and act like showing Madden 21, a racer and some AA indie games will light the world on fire. Like come on most people aren't going to be wowed like THAT.

People want to see BIG AAA games with gameplay that wows. Horizon Zero dawn wasn't even known and when Sony showed it they showed it off to get people excited. MSFT better hope Hellblade 2, Halo Infinite and w/e else they got cooking are demonstrated and shown PROPERLY if they want to excite the internet fans. A really good Halo Infinite gameplay reveal, along with lots of information about it and maybe a beta announcement will shoulder any less exciting news later in the show. It's how people say "Sony won!" or "Nintendo won!" at E3 because of one or two games. What was the last time MSFT showed an exclusive that got the internet hype? Closest was the Halo MCC in 2014. Third party games that are dope help but they never steal the show as people know it's coming elsewhere.

All that really matters is a strong opening and closing and not too much time on bullshyt like indie games and "Look who's making games for us guys!" Just show the damn games, announce cool exclusive features and hype people with something even if it's not coming soon. FFVII Remake stole the show in 2015 even though it took SE 5 years to drop. Just do something like that but unfortunately MSFT doesn't have much beloved IP's that will react like that to anything they make.

Most of the time their most "exciting" events are just features and announcements of things to come to excite their loyal fanbase who will dikk ride anything they talk about.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
BU BU BU PHIL SAID :laff:

like you said, the :duck: don't stop.

EWZ1rhRXQAEJEBo

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They have weird marketing in that they can't seem to garner the hype levels a NIntendo or Sony event does most of the time. Even Sony will fall back and temper expectations for their own event like the one they did for I think E3 2018 where they just simply said it'll be smaller and more focused on a few games which it was. Then for PSX 2018 they just said it's just a talk event nothing major.

Microsoft on the other hand seems to rely on fake hype by their most dedicated stans and act like showing Madden 21, a racer and some AA indie games will light the world on fire. Like come on most people aren't going to be wowed like THAT.

People want to see BIG AAA games with gameplay that wows. Horizon Zero dawn wasn't even known and when Sony showed it they showed it off to get people excited. MSFT better hope Hellblade 2, Halo Infinite and w/e else they got cooking are demonstrated and shown PROPERLY if they want to excite the internet fans. A really good Halo Infinite gameplay reveal, along with lots of information about it and maybe a beta announcement will shoulder any less exciting news later in the show. It's how people say "Sony won!" or "Nintendo won!" at E3 because of one or two games. What was the last time MSFT showed an exclusive that got the internet hype? Closest was the Halo MCC in 2014. Third party games that are dope help but they never steal the show as people know it's coming elsewhere.

All that really matters is a strong opening and closing and not too much time on bullshyt like indie games and "Look who's making games for us guys!" Just show the damn games, announce cool exclusive features and hype people with something even if it's not coming soon. FFVII Remake stole the show in 2015 even though it took SE 5 years to drop. Just do something like that but unfortunately MSFT doesn't have much beloved IP's that will react like that to anything they make.

Most of the time their most "exciting" events are just features and announcements of things to come to excite their loyal fanbase who will dikk ride anything they talk about.

Its like Microsoft is hard headed as fukk or have very low IQ when it comes to marketing. I'm in marketing and I would have done a much better job. Its like they are Peter Molyneux with their fake ass hype. People especially gamers do NOT like fake over-promises.

Its like they can't comprehend for the life of them that people just want AAA big exclusive games for the Xbox. Is like they see what Sony is doing and having success but still want to be extra and do dumb shyt. For example did anyone really as for a Sea of Thieves game? Xbox is good at shooters and Microsoft can't even provide new AAA shooters. :gucci:

But yea their event executions SUCK.... Extra shyt and that lame ass fake acting along with spamming us with indie AA games. And yet they still have not learned.

These people released did a GOOD ass job at the VGA event with the Series X and Hellblade 2 reveal and yet could not replicate that again? They KNOW people want reveals like that. But yea the current Xbox marketing team needs to be fired.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t think Phil Spencer is interested in big AAA exclusives. Gamepass is clearly their main focus now and they’ll be making AA filler games to put on Gamepass day one to keep people subscribing. Whether it works for them or not I guess we’ll see.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I don’t think Phil Spencer is interested in big AAA exclusives. Gamepass is clearly their main focus now and they’ll be making AA filler games to put on Gamepass day one to keep people subscribing. Whether it works for them or not I guess we’ll see.

I think they are because he bought 15 studios and 6 of them capable and are making AAA... its just that they don't have anything to really show yet

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
If that's the case then I'm sticking with Playstation again next gen. I was an Xbot during the 360 days but.... Microsoft trying their best to keep me with Playstation.:yeshrug:

But... They have studios making AAA games so we'll have to see. I think for EACH studio a bigger team is gonna make AAA games while smaller teams make AA games. I know Obsidian, Ninja Theory and Inxile are doing that.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Ebb Software (Scorn) has only 10 devs working on the game as of 2016
Bloober Team (The Medium) has 30 devs as of 2017
Hardsuit Labs( Vampire the Masquerade) has 78 employees
Neon Giant (The Acent) has only over 10 people as of 2019
Fishlabs (Chorus) has 80 devs as of 2020

These were small ass Indie studios like WTF? Why lead your next gen monster of a console off with freaking Indie studios? lol... Also the people using these studios/games to say next gen won't be a leap are idiots.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why would they make it tall so now it looks goofy laying sideways in an entertainment center :why:

it’s not the height that makes it awkward but the width

the xbox one stands tall too

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
it’s not the height that makes it awkward but the width

the xbox one stands tall too

only Xbox I’ve ever had outside of 360 one XB1X and it lays flat.

I don’t know who they wear catering this shyt for but aesthetics wise, it would look terrible in a modern type entertainment center and yes a lot of people care about that.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
only Xbox I’ve ever had outside of 360 one XB1X and it lays flat.

I don’t know who they wear catering this shyt for but aesthetics wise, it would look terrible in a modern type entertainment center and yes a lot of people care about that.

I have one of my project scorpio editions standing tall (they came w/ a stand)...I get your complaint just saying it’s the width while standing that makes the series X look weird...I have 3 gaming areas...2 of them will not be able to accommodate it if I leave it standing so I may have to put them on top the entertainment centers cuz I agree it’ll look weird laying down