Infamous gets massive downgrade from E3. Will the Sony stans rage, or cop pleas?

Kodie

Pro
Daps
still not buying an xbox one right now until they really step shyt up.... no reason to
This is where I'm at with current gen consoles. Infamous is the first game that I'm really interested in that I can't get on one of my other gaming platforms. Actually no, resogun is the first. Infamous is the second.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
As far as resolution and effects, those two screenshots look the same. At best there seems to be a little more bloom in the first one, though the second one appears to have been taken at a lower point (all the buildings are higher) and so maybe it just hasn't reached the point where you see the sun. But outside of that detail, the smoke plumes look the same, the textures look mostly the same (the building textures look improved on the bottom picture), the explosions look the same. That's just me.

I know the post was after the game came out. My point was they didn't skirt around it. They were very forthcoming in that post and broke it down technically when they didn't really have to. I personally think that what happened here is a world of difference to what happens with most of these types of situations. First of all, there's the fact that no one even realized until months after the release of Killzone. Most of the time, the pixel counters are able to see sub-reported resolutions before a game is even released. This time, it wasn't until Digital Foundry did a report on it, that it was discovered that the native rendering resolution wasn't 1080p. Seriously, the fact that it took this long is amazing and a credit to GG (this coming from someone who generally doesn't like KZ). Then, instead of not responding or skirting around the issue, they responded.

Also they're mostly right about the whole 60 situation. I heard people complaining that Super Mario 3D World isn't truly 60fps because it drops in random situations where you're not even playing. If you're expecting a game to never ever ever dip below 60, then you're going to be even more surprised than I suspected when I made this thread. Again, it sounds like he's being really forthright with his reasoning for making the decisions he made and this doesn't sound like a "downgrade" to me. In my opinion, it doesn't fall in the same category as these infamous screenshots and the watchdogs fiasco.

To be clear I'm not accusing any dev of nefarious activity. I understand that they for the most part are doing their best. But claims of not lowering the resolution to hit 60fps and the framerate dropping "only after your dead" are just factually incorrect in the case of killzone.

If he was being truly open and honest he would have said that they came up with some resolution trickery to hit close to 60fps

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Shouldn't you be busy playing/talking about TitanFall?

:skip:

I remember when bait and troll threads used to have to at least somewhat creative to do numbers, now cats just have to make threads and based on what their username is it'll do numbers. People need to stop feeding this on here, seriously. Terrible threads have been getting way too much attention lately around here.

How the fukk is this a bait thread? Why can't you motherfukkers ever answer a direct question? In your opinion, do the E3 pics and the current pics look identical? Answer honestly please.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:what:

"information he is uncomfortable with"... what are you talking about? You posted screens that don't even show a downgrade, they show a change in lighting if anything. :dead:

I posted in the other thread within context of the OP. Activity wise, Killzone has been a disappointment (the thread is implying that it would be disappointing if TitanFall doesn't do KZSF number), and based on how much marketing TitanFall has had it would be pretty telling if it doesn't outsell Killzone. All I did was drop a few lines on how they could have made a better game. I wasn't trolling or being an @sshole or shytting on anything in that post.

Carry on

Don't try to make excuses now. You dudes are transparent. And the shots in the OP show a clear downgrade beyond just lighting. Textures, resolution, shadows and everything in between look worse.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dunno what's going on but still not buying an xbox one right now until they really step shyt up.... no reason to

:umad:

justify your purchases bc ppl don't agree with you brehs.

I'm not sure why your confused as to whats going on. The inital post is very basic and simple. Do the initial E3 pics and the current pics look identical to you? Whether you plan on purchasing an Xbox one is irrelevant to the question at hand.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk is this a bait thread? Why can't you motherfukkers ever answer a direct question? In your opinion, do the E3 pics and the current pics look identical? Answer honestly please.
C'mon, you're somewhat into photography.

You can make the same capture look infinitely different by changing the settings on it. The images look like they have different filters applied to them, not a fukking downgrade. Let's cut the shyt if we gonna discuss stuff like this.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
2020072e964165466ca0668ad0e9d434.jpg

32b932e93454954a4e8b84a99c58f71e.jpg

No that was downgraded too. And they lied about the resolution and framerate of the multiplayer.

I think @PS4 said it best..."where lying is mandatory."

And the sad part is that at the end of the day, this resolution shyt doesn't even matter. However, for some reason these morons decided that next gen must be in 1080p and locked at 60fps. When Xbox games don't live up to that falsified standard nikkas create a 20 page thread talking shyt. When PS4 games fail to live up to the standard it becomes nothing but adhominem attacks. nikkas are so pathetic they can't even admit they've been lied to for the upteenth time. Sony did this shyt with the PS2, and the PS3, and it seems with the PS4 nothing has changed.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

They do for the most part. Slightly darker lighting and less detail but for the most part the game (and I'm including videos I've seen) looks the same. This is in no way comparable to watchdogs, which looks like a late gen PS2 game now

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

You can make the same capture look infinitely different by changing the settings on it. The images look like they have different filters applied to them, not a fukking downgrade. Let's cut the shyt if we gonna discuss stuff like this.

No, photography has nothing to do with this. Do the pics look identical to you? A simple yes or no will suffice.

And forget about the inferior lighting for a second. You can't see the obvious reduction in textures?

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
I'm not sure why your confused as to whats going on. The inital post is very basic and simple. Do the initial E3 pics and the current pics look identical to you? Whether you plan on purchasing an Xbox one is irrelevant to the question at hand.
When I said I don't know what's going on I meant that I will be waiting for some more official information. Me not purchasing an xbox has everything to do with it since these are brag threads about why people should've copped an xbox and not ps4. No The pics don't look identical...yet I'm still buying the game. If i get titanfall or whatever u wanna compare shyt to.. I'll do it on PC.

You tryna say that the xbox one is a superior system graphics wise... bc it's not and nothing you say or do will make that so.

shyt has more to do with devs than the ps4 itself

Kodie

Pro
Daps

Lighting is one of the most resource intensive parts of a game and also one of the most important parts to how something looks. Saying something is "just lighting" is disingenuous. Lighting is usually key to how good a game looks. Most of the reason Battlefield looks so great is because of lighting. Halo 3 had downgraded resolution to allow for a better lighting engine. That said, the skully in the last two pics clearly has less detail. I think this is a legit discussion.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They do for the most part. Slightly darker lighting and less detail but for the most part the game (and I'm including videos I've seen) looks the same. This is in no way comparable to watchdogs, which looks like a late gen PS2 game now
Someone could take some footage and create a very unflattering Gif. Of this game and try to make it look as bad as they can just like they did with watchdogs, but I doubt anyone is dedicated enough to hating this game to spend the time to do it. The official footage and pics of watchdogs do not look like a ps2 game.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I said I don't know what's going on I meant that I will be waiting for some more official information. Me not purchasing an xbox has everything to do with it since these are brag threads about why people should've copped an xbox and not ps4. No The pics don't look identical...yet I'm still buying the game. If i get titanfall or whatever u wanna compare shyt to.. I'll do it on PC.

You tryna say that the xbox one is a superior system graphics wise... bc it's not and nothing you say or do will make that so.

shyt has more to do with devs than the ps4 itself

Kinect makes the Xbox a superior system sorry. If your caught up in counting miniscule differences in megahertz and memory buss speeds, your the one that's confused. The fact of the matter is that Kinect enables the xbox to do things the PS4 cant. That to me makes it superior. Sorry if that makes you upset.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
Kinect makes the Xbox a superior system sorry. If your caught up in counting miniscule differences in megahertz and memory buss speeds, your the one that's confused. The fact of the matter is that Kinect enables the xbox to do things the PS4 cant. That to me makes it superior. Sorry if that makes you upset.
Kineckt is trash it was trash on 360
and it's trash on xbo one

doesn't make me upset ...makes me laugh that you think that. You live in a fairytale where you think people wanna pay 100 extra for some shyt that doesn't matter whatsoever and that people obviously don't give a fukk about... the numbers dont lie.