Infamous gets massive downgrade from E3. Will the Sony stans rage, or cop pleas?

Kodie

Pro
Daps
People only care when it's a game they were looking for a reason to bash anyway. Literally EVERY playstation exclusive game has been downgraded since initial reveals. But somehow watch dogs and Ubisoft are the only ones that got trashed for it. At least they have an excuse, they are making a PC version that will look like the reveal and they didn't have "next gen" hardware yet.

In this case there is no excuse Sony just lied and mislead about every single one of their exclusive games. But nobody cares. The shyt is funny and sad at the same time.
Shadow Fall actually looks better than initial reveal but yeah I feel what you're saying.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Shadow Fall actually looks better than initial reveal but yeah I feel what you're saying.

2020072e964165466ca0668ad0e9d434.jpg

32b932e93454954a4e8b84a99c58f71e.jpg

No that was downgraded too. And they lied about the resolution and framerate of the multiplayer.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
2020072e964165466ca0668ad0e9d434.jpg

32b932e93454954a4e8b84a99c58f71e.jpg

No that was downgraded too. And they lied about the resolution and framerate of the multiplayer.
The New one looks legitimately better to me and appears to have all the same effects and resolution. It's true that SF multiplayer isn't "true native 1080p" but I think they were pretty forthcoming about resolution and framerate. Guerilla Games has actually always been very forthcoming. Even when there is confusion, they tend to directly address it... like here: http://www.killzone.com/en_US/blog/news/2014-03-06_regarding-killzone-shadow-fall-and-1080p.html

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Would you sit your ass down somewhere. Your dumbass talked all sorts of shyt in the Titanfall resolution thread, now you want to act as if your above the bullshyt.

The difference in graphics from the e3 build and the impending release is shocking, but idiots like you're self will act as if it didn't matter.

So obsession with graphics and resolution only applies to Xbox one games in your eyes huh?

You clowns are so fukking transparent.

I'm talking shyt about Titanfall because the game fukking deserves it!!!!! You have no idea how much the game deserves it. What im trying to get across to your xbots is you need to accept the fact your system is not graphically strong. it's overhyped and underpowered. I seen the specs. it may be similar to the ps4 but when your struggling badly to boost the games visuals in development past 720 for which is supposed to be a "Next Gen" system you look like fukking clowns dude.

Another reason why im not buying an xbox one.... They lost my confidence when they shytted on gamers now im gonna shyt on them.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No you're just a terrible poster. You just can't admit the ps4 is an technologically inferior system and Sony is a lying piece of shyt organization, but since your a battered wife, you'll just act as if everything is OK.

You and your shyt system lost friend.

"Technologically Inferior"?!?!?! Holy shyt!? :russ::mjlol::umad:

:camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The New one looks legitimately better to me and appears to have all the same effects and resolution. I think they were pretty forthcoming about resolution and framerate. Guerilla Games has actually always been very forthcoming. Even when there is confusion, they tend to directly address it... like here: http://www.killzone.com/en_US/blog/news/2014-03-06_regarding-killzone-shadow-fall-and-1080p.html
Is there something I'm missing in those screenshots? cause the second one looks legitimately worse.

And that post was after the game came out. And after making statements such as these.

"So, having a constant 60 is not actually better than having a 'lot of the time' 60. It sounds weird, but it's actually true. Because usually in the moments where we're going to drop framerate, either you're already dead or it's too late anyway."

"We didn't want to make any graphical concessions. We didn't want to say, we can run at 60 constantly if we just half the resolution and take out all the destructibility and remove all the glass, for example. We didn't want to do that. We wanted to keep it really pretty and try to make it 60.

"It's just we can't go out and say we're always 60, because that's lying. We're very close. And I challenge anybody to notice, without Digital Foundry looking at it, that there are large drops."

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Shouldn't you be busy playing/talking about TitanFall?

:skip:

I remember when bait and troll threads used to have to at least somewhat creative to do numbers, now cats just have to make threads and based on what their username is it'll do numbers. People need to stop feeding this on here, seriously. Terrible threads have been getting way too much attention lately around here.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
I'm talking shyt about Titanfall because the game fukking deserves it!!!!! You have no idea how much the game deserves it. What im trying to get across to your xbots is you need to accept the fact your system is not graphically strong. it's overhyped and underpowered. I seen the specs. it may be similar to the ps4 but when your struggling badly to boost the games visuals in development past 720 for which is supposed to be a "Next Gen" system you look like fukking clowns dude.

Another reason why im not buying an xbox one.... They lost my confidence when they shytted on gamers now im gonna shyt on them.
man stfu graphically 2 of the best games are only on X1 Forza and Ryse:camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Shouldn't you be busy playing/talking about TitanFall?

:skip:

I remember when bait and troll threads used to have to at least somewhat creative to do numbers, now cats just have to make threads and based on what their username is it'll do numbers. People need to stop feeding this on here, seriously. Terrible threads have been getting way too much attention lately around here.

Case in point.

Just 30 minutes ago @GoldenGlove posted in this thread http://www.thecoli.com/threads/will-titanflab-do-killzone-shadowfall-numbers.197487/

Didn't care about smooth Thursdays or the fact that the op had no logical basis for the thread.

But now since this thread has some information he is uncomfortable with. He cares about smooth Thursdays and will ignore the visual evidence in the OP to try to diss me.

You dude are truly pitiful:snoop:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Is there something I'm missing in those screenshots? cause the second one looks legitimately worse.

And that post was after the game came out. And after making statements such as these.

"So, having a constant 60 is not actually better than having a 'lot of the time' 60. It sounds weird, but it's actually true. Because usually in the moments where we're going to drop framerate, either you're already dead or it's too late anyway."

"We didn't want to make any graphical concessions. We didn't want to say, we can run at 60 constantly if we just half the resolution and take out all the destructibility and remove all the glass, for example. We didn't want to do that. We wanted to keep it really pretty and try to make it 60.

"It's just we can't go out and say we're always 60, because that's lying. We're very close. And I challenge anybody to notice, without Digital Foundry looking at it, that there are large drops."
As far as resolution and effects, those two screenshots look the same. At best there seems to be a little more bloom in the first one, though the second one appears to have been taken at a lower point (all the buildings are higher) and so maybe it just hasn't reached the point where you see the sun. But outside of that detail, the smoke plumes look the same, the textures look mostly the same (the building textures look improved on the bottom picture), the explosions look the same. That's just me.

I know the post was after the game came out. My point was they didn't skirt around it. They were very forthcoming in that post and broke it down technically when they didn't really have to. I personally think that what happened here is a world of difference to what happens with most of these types of situations. First of all, there's the fact that no one even realized until months after the release of Killzone. Most of the time, the pixel counters are able to see sub-reported resolutions before a game is even released. This time, it wasn't until Digital Foundry did a report on it, that it was discovered that the native rendering resolution wasn't 1080p. Seriously, the fact that it took this long is amazing and a credit to GG (this coming from someone who generally doesn't like KZ). Then, instead of not responding or skirting around the issue, they responded.

Also they're mostly right about the whole 60 situation. I heard people complaining that Super Mario 3D World isn't truly 60fps because it drops in random situations where you're not even playing. If you're expecting a game to never ever ever dip below 60, then you're going to be even more surprised than I suspected when I made this thread. Again, it sounds like he's being really forthright with his reasoning for making the decisions he made and this doesn't sound like a "downgrade" to me. In my opinion, it doesn't fall in the same category as these infamous screenshots and the watchdogs fiasco.

Chesirecatdaddy

All Star
Daps
Dunno what's going on but still not buying an xbox one right now until they really step shyt up.... no reason to

:umad:

justify your purchases bc ppl don't agree with you brehs.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Case in point.

Just 30 minutes ago @GoldenGlove posted in this thread http://www.thecoli.com/threads/will-titanflab-do-killzone-shadowfall-numbers.197487/

Didn't care about smooth Thursdays or the fact that the op had no logical basis for the thread.

But now since this thread has some information he is uncomfortable with. He cares about smooth Thursdays and will ignore the visual evidence in the OP to try to diss me.

You dude are truly pitiful:snoop:
:what:

"information he is uncomfortable with"... what are you talking about? You posted screens that don't even show a downgrade, they show a change in lighting if anything. :dead:

I posted in the other thread within context of the OP. Activity wise, Killzone has been a disappointment (the thread is implying that it would be disappointing if TitanFall doesn't do KZSF number), and based on how much marketing TitanFall has had it would be pretty telling if it doesn't outsell Killzone. All I did was drop a few lines on how they could have made a better game. I wasn't trolling or being an a$$hole or shytting on anything in that post.

Carry on