Indiana Jones and the Dial Of Destiny (2023) Thread

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Make an Indiana Jones movie without Spielberg brehs, and even then….?

r2h7kmcgjk9b1.jpg
I guess the budget makes more sense now, because I was about to say there's nothing in the movie that would cost that type of money.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think I'll go see it tomorrow. I have very low expectations, but I keep hearing that the first 20mins are solid, and it does close the chapter fittingly. They just say the movie in the middle is lacking

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It just dawned on me that this is the first Indiana Jones movie without the classic Paramount opening fading into a mountain. Damn, doesn't feel real.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just came out of a screening.
This movie was all over the place :ohmy:
The first act was ok, the second act was bloated, the third act was an acid trip

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Have you guys seen the original movies recently? I argue it’s about the same. Everything people hated about this one was about the same in the original movies. Most people don’t even understand the inspiration of the character and its era.

Man, I’m old (42) and I miss these characters. Tough quiet type. Stoics. That’s Indiana, Bond, Bruce Lee. These days we get that herb, Flash.

The problem isn’t the movie to me. It’s just not the right time for it. Ok, there’s some things I would nitpick but it’s not that bad.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you guys seen the original movies recently? I argue it’s about the same. Everything people hated about this one was about the same in the original movies. Most people don’t even understand the inspiration of the character and its era.

Man, I’m old (42) and I miss these characters. Tough quiet type. Stoics. That’s Indiana, Bond, Bruce Lee. These days we get that herb, Flash.

The problem isn’t the movie to me. It’s just not the right time for it. Ok, there’s some things I would nitpick but it’s not that bad.
The original films had better filmmaking.
This movie was an incoherent mess

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Yeah you can’t tell me this movie ain’t better

:aicmon: yeah hurts me but that's true. It was the best ending. Movie was trash.

Amazing how such an iconic character only has two good movies (Raiders, Last Crusade)