Indiana Jones and the Dial Of Destiny (2023) Thread

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
:aicmon: yeah hurts me but that's true. It was the best ending. Movie was trash.

Amazing how such an iconic character only has two good movies (Raiders, Last Crusade)
I remember when Last Crusade came out and purists panned that one too.

People shyt on Crystal Skull and now people posting about the perfect ending?

I loved the first 20 min of the movie. I want ANOTHER Indy movie but young version. I didn’t sense any uncanny valley. Only maybe I can tell it’s an older voice. Do a young version with practical effects though.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie had a 300 million dollar budget?
Where the hell did it go to, because the CGI was awful in some of the scenes. I mean SyFy channel type of awful

• Haha
Reactions: IVS

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
This movie had a 300 million dollar budget?
Where the hell did it go to, because the CGI was awful in some of the scenes. I mean SyFy channel type of awful

That's the thing. Outside of Ford's salary where'd the money go? And it's the same with all these other big budget flops with CGI that's straight from the 1990's.

Because the money isn't improving the quality of these films.

And it seems that most of these movies are just big budget shell game profit making schemes. Because they know that they're trash but they're cashing out and getting paid before the public finds out that they're trash and letting them flop.

But something has to give so in the future budgets will probably come down even though greed and inflation are driving them up.

Last edited:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's the thing. Outside of Ford's salary where'd the money go? And it's the same with all these other big budget flops with CGI that's straight from the 1990's.

The money isn't improving the quality of the films.

And it seems that most of these movies are just big budget shell game profit making schemes. Because they know that they're trash but they're cashing out and getting paid before the public finds out that they're trash and letting them flop.

But something has to give so in the future budgets will probably come down even though greed and inflation are driving them up.
People talked a lot of shyt about Avatar Way of the Water, but at least the budget matched the visuals

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Mangold was delusional with this, it's a passion/vanity project with the well known IP and chance to cash out. Terrible idea. The world has no appetite for this kind of content anymore.

The thinking was probably who is an apolitical hero, who is masculine, but not toxic, throw in Phoebe Waller Bridge, a legacy series, something unifying for our divided times, and a July opening, plus a 300m budget, plus Speilberg's approval

pitching it like that, from some emissary of Mangold, or the studio, at some office in Burbank or the Hotel Bel Air it almost makes sense, but even me, relative outsider, people just aren't going for this kind of movie anymore. A PG 13 rated movie starring an 80 year old man? Kids won't go anywhere NEAR this opening weekend. Neither will adults. Compare with something like Independence Day, and how that movie appealed to everyone.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Redemption Tour I’ve been seeing on social media lately is jokes. Still by far the worst of the bunch.
I think this movie is worse...but I've been seeing the same shyt on YouTube about Crystal skull

Mad comments saying people judged crystal skull too harshly, crystal skull is actually good, etc

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mangold was delusional with this, it's a passion/vanity project with the well known IP and chance to cash out. Terrible idea. The world has no appetite for this kind of content anymore.

The thinking was probably who is an apolitical hero, who is masculine, but not toxic, throw in Phoebe Waller Bridge, a legacy series, something unifying for our divided times, and a July opening, plus a 300m budget, plus Speilberg's approval

pitching it like that, from some emissary of Mangold, or the studio, at some office in Burbank or the Hotel Bel Air it almost makes sense, but even me, relative outsider, people just aren't going for this kind of movie anymore. A PG 13 rated movie starring an 80 year old man? Kids won't go anywhere NEAR this opening weekend. Neither will adults. Compare with something like Independence Day, and how that movie appealed to everyone.
Truth. I might have been the youngest person at the screening I attended, and I'm a 40 year old man lol.
They knew it was going to be a tough sell for Gen Z, so they had to stick a pre teen character in the movie somehow

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The biggest flop of the year still goes to Ant-Man 3. Those motherfukkers spent over $250M on the budget alone. Probably another $150M on advertising. It was supposed to introduce a new 'Thanos' with kang and setup the next slate of movies...

And everyone went :ld:

Barely got up over $400M total when it was all said and done. Huge flop and funny too because the MCU stans been trying to deflect ever since.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just got back from seeing it

Maybe its because I grew up a fan of the series but I personally felt this was a pretty good sendoff to the character and nice “final” bow for the franchise (If you don’t think 5-10 years after Harrison Ford finally kicks the bucket they won’t reboot you’re insane)

I don’t see why this film flopped or why longtime fans won’t enjoy it. The acting was good. The chemistry between Harrison and Phoebe Waller-Bridges was great. The set pieces were exotic, the action scenes were exciting. I mean it was Indy doing what he does best, fighting Nazi’s, solving puzzles, and being grumpy while doing it.

It was LEAGUES better than Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull in my opinion. And i’ve read that people felt the ending to Crystal Skull was a better send off for the character but if you’re going to continue then this was the way to do it. I felt the final scene was a great way of paying homage to Indy’s true great love with Marion and a touching wink to the fans that Indy wasn’t going to be alone. His friends always had his back.

I can see myself watching this film from time to time for years to come on TNT or some other streamer the way I used to with the other Indiana Jones films as a kid. I haven’t see. Crystal Skull since the theater in 2008.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t see why this film flopped or why longtime fans won’t enjoy it. The acting was good. The chemistry between Harrison and Phoebe Waller-Bridges was great. The set pieces were exotic, the action scenes were exciting. I mean it was Indy doing what he does best, fighting Nazi’s, solving puzzles, and being grumpy while doing it.
Breh, that has to be the worst part of the movie. I can't stand her character. Shia Labeouf may have been annoying in Crystal Skull, but at least he was a good person. Helena is a shytty person. What's even more frustrating is that the movie tries to make her look charming in spite of this.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was better than i expected. I didnt see crystal skull so i wasn’t sour on the franchise yet. Why was the timeline on this flick back that far i thought it was supposed to be close to the current time?
:ohhh:

The beginning was fire then we get an old ass Indy that looks in pain at every attempt to run

:flabbynsick:

It was long but i enjoyed the adventure aspect of it. I had to explain to my son this is uncharted, tomb raider, jumanji, and any treasure hunting movies father so show some respect