Indiana Jones and the Dial Of Destiny (2023) Thread

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
This addition to the Indy franchise was the complete definition of mid. I WANTED to like it, but I was pretty much bored through out the majority of the movie.

The action scenes was cool and how they CGI’d Harrison Ford to look young was very impressive. But other then that, there was really no reason why this movie should have been made.

I mean I understand Indy fans wanted the sour taste of “Crystal Skull” out of their mouths. But this “final” addition to the franchise didn’t help it much.

I’m glad Ford found some closure from the character.

Spielberg should have directed this..
Damn. That's exactly what I was afraid of

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Has anybody rewatched Crystal Skull?

I rewatched the 3 last month (I throw them on in the background often anyway) and thought about watching 4 before getting into 5. Has it maybe aged better than I think?

Haven't watched since it came out.

Daps
This addition to the Indy franchise was the complete definition of mid. I WANTED to like it, but I was pretty much bored through out the majority of the movie.
Yes. I just got back from seeing this and I agree. I was bored pretty much from the time they left the US. It just didn't seem to be relevant for some reason. Are we to believe that this chick is going to be the new Indy? and WTF did they have that stupid kid in this? I mean we don't need another Short Round to make a movie decent.
I did like Toby Jones for his short bit. I liked him in the TV show the Detectorists too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Has anybody rewatched Crystal Skull?

I rewatched the 3 last month (I throw them on in the background often anyway) and thought about watching 4 before getting into 5. Has it maybe aged better than I think?

Haven't watched since it came out.

Probably aged even worse than it was due to Shia lebouf being the IT guy at that time

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Went in not expecting anything.

I loved it. Lots of surprises, callbacks. Harrison Ford is the man. He’s still my hero. It’s not a perfect movie but it was great. Fun adventure.

I don’t want to spoil it but I want them to make another movie based on the concept as the first 15 minutes of this movie. That part blew me away.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We ended up seeing this... this weekend and let me tell y'all, it's a pretty good movie! No cap. It's a cool little action/adventure movie as you'd expect, the locations are dope and the plot line is much better and well thought out than Indy 4. It was a good way to end this series. Don't sleep.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Feels like everything flopped this year
June was so much of a box office bloodbath that it got Margot Robbie and Tom Cruise promoting each other’s films. :wow:

I think it’s weird none of those tentpoles took advantage of that late April slot. Two weeks after Super Mario and two weeks before Guardians. Could’ve made more money. Oh well.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Never understood the huge CGI gripes with films lately but THIS shyt actually looked bad as fukk:patrice:

The chase in the streets in them go karts looked like they was moving 200mph lmao

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
We ended up seeing this... this weekend and let me tell y'all, it's a pretty good movie! No cap. It's a cool little action/adventure movie as you'd expect, the locations are dope and the plot line is much better and well thought out than Indy 4. It was a good way to end this series. Don't sleep.
Same. Dope movie to me. They picked up all of Indy’s strengths: fighting Nazis, reused old locations, reused the fighting tropes that we loved in the originals, brought back some old faces (literally), it all felt very Indiana-esque.