Indiana Jones and the Dial Of Destiny (2023) Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
nothing about this movie hit me. i found it pretty flat, overlong, and kinda boring overall. third act was solid i guess. i wanna watch again, but i legit think i enjoy Crystal Skull more. it's bad, it's a hideous movie, but it had more fun setpieces, imo. this one was kind of a dud in that department. didn't like the open that much, the tuktuk(?) chase was 45 minutes long, and then all the classic Indy style stuff beyond that was just kind of a bummer. and i can't believe i'm saying it but i think i like Mutt (who isn't THAT bad) the catatonic old man, Marian and Ray Winstone better than Phoebe Waller Bridge, and some shythead kid.

i marathoned the entire series this week and this was just dull. ... but yeah, third act was solid i guess.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This was much better than they're saying. My gripe is that you feel the length, but one last hurrah for a man long forgotten, and it comes together pretty well. I think it could've been made better by showing Indy using his brain a bit more, instead of the action pieces, but I think everything present in Raiders and even Last Crusade is here.

And my theater was packed this morning

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Movie wasn't bad but
r2h7kmcgjk9b1.jpg

:huhldup: this budget is crazy

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
They should have made 'Helena Shaw' 'Henry Shaw' and given the part to Idris Elba.

Movie would have done better and would have been a nice "FU" to the James Bond role.

Besides, they fukked up Finn, and were in a tough spot with T'Challa, let us get the Indy franchise for a few films.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Movie wasn't bad but
r2h7kmcgjk9b1.jpg

:huhldup: this budget is crazy

I don’t understand spending a budget THAT large on a film that is being billed as the LAST of the franchise. I mean if they were setting up more films and spinoffs and planning to actually do MORE with the franchise then yea, go for broke, but it being the END it makes no sense to put THAT colossal amount of money into it.

Still I greatly enjoyed the film and think over time its going to be amongst people’s favorite Indiana Jones flicks. History is going to be kind to this movie

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I still liked this movie betted than the Crystal Skull. Yea they could have shaved a half hour off in editing and its clear they were trying to have Indy as an old man adjusting to more modern times but I thought the action set piece were still a lot of fun.

I don't know if we could have gotten a better movie out of a cranky 80 year old Harrison Ford.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Yikes:
‘Insidious: The Red Door’ Slams On ‘Indiana Jones’ With $31M Opening – Saturday AM Box Office Update

SATURDAY AM: Post Covid, there’s a lot of studios that have been able to make horror work at the box office, including Paramount with Smile, Warner Bros with Evil Dead Rise, and Universal with M3GAN and The Black Phone.

But not Sony. Until now.

Yes, Insidious: The Red Door is a Blumhouse fifthquel. But Sony gets props here for marketing this film and choosing a killer theatrical release date in between Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny and ahead of the Tom Cruise summer box office cyclone, Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning — all fueling to what looks to be the horror franchise’s second-best opening at $31M after Insidious: Chapter 2‘s $40.2M.

This will entomb Indiana Jones in second place in its second weekend with $25M-$28M. The Insidious franchise is as alive as other long-running horror franchises; Saw V and the fifth Scream, putting up $30M starts. Many are accounting for the front-loaded nature of Red Door with at least a -30% decline today off Friday’s $15.22M, which includes $5M previews.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don’t understand spending a budget THAT large on a film that is being billed as the LAST of the franchise. I mean if they were setting up more films and spinoffs and planning to actually do MORE with the franchise then yea, go for broke, but it being the END it makes no sense to put THAT colossal amount of money into it.

Still I greatly enjoyed the film and think over time its going to be amongst people’s favorite Indiana Jones flicks. History is going to be kind to this movie
330 production budget
at least another 100 mill in marketing

you get a little over half of the box office ticket revenue (currently at 310 million, so they seeing around 160 million of that)

160 million back to Disney vs 430 spent on it?

This is not good.