Independent restaurants are being crushed by the labor shortage. They're raising prices, cutting ope

Daps
can you cite a source for your claims? this so called "labor shortage" has been reported on months before any vaccine passports were required in some cities.

Bruh in the article one of the places they talk about having to shut down is in fukking Texas. Don't even acknowledge that paste eater :russ:

This aint got shyt to do with no damn Vax passports

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Agreed.
This is going on right now with at my job.
Everyone that talks that "pulls yourselves up by the bootstraps" and libertarian talking points are currently pissed off at how shytty our new health insurance is.
Some of them can no longer even have their wives on their policy due to age restrictions.
Suddenly, they want universal health care.

the demand for universal healthcare will be on steroids by midterm elections with the millions of long-covid patients needing medical care that won't bankrupt them.

Daps
No, I don’t even watch or follow politics. But guess what trump is the one who signed of on all this.

It’s just common sense. Print money and you get inflation.

Does what you're saying make sense in your head? Like could you maybe do 5 minutes of research man?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Sorry pal. Biden fukked up with the mandate.

Thankfully Biden flip flops on issues so it shouldn't be a big deal for him to change his mind and realize this was a terrible idea.

Vaxxer Extremists are the cowardly type that dont go out enough to hold up the economy so even with mandates, businesses will still be empty.

The commie shyt gotta go.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Does what you're saying make sense in your head? Like could you maybe do 5 minutes of research man?

Even if that was the case, why should we feel sympathy for business owners and corporations that have underpaid and exploited their workers for years?

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a restaurant by me where the owner is the only staff, he cooks, waits, cleans, everything. I gave it a try but the food taste like shyt , probably rushed given his situation. I think restaurants should downsize and focus on take out and delivery. Probably going to be more food court style places.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Why should it be our problem that businesses can't afford to pay afford to pay their workers a livable wage?

it’s not. The big issue is before the pandemic a lot of people had no real skills and now they have to re enter the job market with those same skills and now except a handout.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
can you cite a source for your claims? this so called "labor shortage" has been reported on months before any vaccine passports were required in some cities.
A source ? Yea yeah man.
Open www.google.com ?
Type vaccine mandate labor shortage.
See that there is a clear relationship between the two and realize that the mandate isn't helping AT all and in many cases, it's making things alot Worse!

The effect it has on other industries has a trickle down effect, clearly.

But it's just my opinion :yeshrug: Coli investigative journalism

Daps
Sorry pal. Biden fukked up with the mandate.

Thankfully Biden flip flops on issues so it shouldn't be a big deal for him to change his mind and realize this was a terrible idea.

Vaxxer Extremists are the cowardly type that dont go out enough to hold up the economy so even with mandates, businesses will still be empty.

The commie shyt gotta go.
giphy.gif

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
it’s not.

In that case, then these businesses need to increase their wages to meet the competition or close down. It's not workers problem that businesses can't pay a livable wage. Workers have to make a living as well just as much as the owners of the business to be working on the cheap.