Independence Day Resurgence

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Will Smith was a strong lead

Instead of making his son a strong lead as well, Roland made white boy the lead. Was white boy at least a relative of Harry Connick Jr's character? No?

The first turned Hollywood conventions around with black men. Will wasn't sidekick, Harry was. He wasn't Jeff's sidekick, either.

This one rectified the black woman as sex provider, but fukked everything else up. No dynasty. Business as usual.
Wow! :ohhh:

Will's son was his biological or stepson?

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Mothership was 3000 miles in diameter and her personal command ship was close to twice the size of one of the OG city destroyers in 96. I won't go into further detail, but she gets seperated from her ship to go ham at Area 51.

I will catch this one day but damn sure not in theater,

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Wow! :ohhh:

Will's son was his biological or stepson?

Stepson, when Jasmine and the President's wife from the first one were talking, she mentioned the original father wasn't in the picture. Even the kid had more conviction than this guy they had adult Dylan.

That would have been a great tie-in to the original squad by having their children take the reigns....

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Stepson, when Jasmine and the President's wife from the first one were talking, she mentioned the original father wasn't in the picture. Even the kid had more conviction than this guy they had adult Dylan.

That would have been a great tie-in to the original squad by having their children take the reigns....
So, he didn't Will's character genes in him. I was asking to see if they had a kid of their own. That would have been gangsta.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Just saw it today....I give it an 8/10 for a Sci-Fi follow up.

It followed a lot of the same formula from the first one and it did about as well as it could have without Will Smith in it.

I wasn't really too big on the final scenes though, but they definitely set it up for a 3rd one.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs....:snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop:

saw this today...not even expecting much, purely off my love for this first one and just expecting some dope disaster moments but this shyt didnt even deliver that.

spoilers ahead for anyone that gives a shyt.

The only dope part, the onlllllly dope part, which wasnt even that good, was the anti gravity ish the aliens did when they attacked which lasted a whole fifteen seconds maybe and also featured a call back to the OG which wasnt so much a callback but the exact same thing. Cabbie looking in rear-view mirror while desruction is approaching behind.

SMH @ Gale Hawthorne's comic relief sidekick buddy. shytty ass actor with corny ass lines. At least get Charlie Day or someone who can inject some actual humor into that shyt.

SMH @ the IRS auditor guy and his attempts at comic relief brehs. Fail after fail after fail after fail.

SMH @ Hiller's son being a bytch with no bass in his voice.

SMH @ the queens ship getting destoyed in some green energy bubble that looked like some syfy type CGI.

Additional smhs are offered too Gale Hawthornes acting in general, Julius surviving a tidal wave with ships and wreckage all around him without a scratch, then adopting the kids he runs into at the end on some "I think yall should stay with me for a bit" and them being like "awww yeah we think that too old strange man we just met." Too much comic relief in this movie, and NONE of it landed. The only funny character was Jeff Goldblum's. he was legit the only likeable part of this POS. ANd brehs....when I watched this I was like Oh guess they recasted Vivica Fox, no way that flabby and sick bytch is her and then I come to this thread and see....nah fukk that...I still cant believe that. Vivica was still looking good on Curb, please done tell me that was her.

Also, why didnt the aliens just blow up the base with the little alien pokeball at the end via the anti gravity ish or another mass destruction type weapon. This movie gave no fukks and was stupid. Would have been better served as a full on parody. Maybe it was. Idk. fukk this movie either way.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it today....I give it an 8/10 for a Sci-Fi follow up.

It followed a lot of the same formula from the first one and it did about as well as it could have without Will Smith in it.

I wasn't really too big on the final scenes though, but they definitely set it up for a 3rd one.

Probably won't be a 3rd after this travesty

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
i liked it. it lacked a big star (will, duh), but somewhat made up for it w/ goldbloom & pullman (who gives the best speeches, ever). and vivica, lmao. she owned that scene. i smiled so big.

anyway, 2 big arse battle scenes w/ aliens later and its a good popcorn flick. gimme my fukkin special effects during a couple battle scenes and im good. anyone looking for this to be interstellar was barking up the wrong tree from jump.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Just saw it, it was entertaining, but overall, it was kinda underwhelming :manny:

I was expecting it to be a :banderas: movie like Jurassic World was, when in reality it was a :ehh: movie to me.

The Queen Alien in this movie sooo reminded me of the Queen Alien from those Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver.....

Also Data suggesting a character go to sickbay was :krs: to me cause that seemed like a Star Trek Easter egg..

Jasmine Hiller's death was :dahell: same goes for the female president....

:ohhh: at other Alien species existing in the Independence Day movie universe other than one that attacks earth, another aspect of this movie that reminds me of Star Trek

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
The movie was pretty bad but I think it was 1-2 rewrites away from actually being pretty good.

They should have waited for Will to become available, cast someone more charismatic as his son and scrapped that Hemsworth character all together though.

Also they should have embraced the campiness a bit more.
Bill Pullman dying was anti-climactic, should have gone out with a better one liner
. Some of the lines just needed more goofiness in general.

Pullman, Will, Goldblum and Spiner should have been the 4 main stars, they should not have wasted time trying to set up all these new characters, esp when they are uncharismatic as fukk.

They needed to tone down the exposition about 8 levels..
"How do you feel about this aircraft hangar being named after your father who died in a training accident 8 years ago" :dead: