Independence Day Resurgence

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
holy shyt at "Struggle Smith" :scust:
dude couldn't even get through his big speech before they attacked the queen without stuttering. you can tell he was not his real son and just his stepson:francis:

To be fair he was emotional in that moment clearly still thinking about his mom. The problem tho is that they never followed up on it because it would've been interesting to see how he dealt but like most things they just skated over it

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Lol....extreme fukkery
20 years of muscle atrophy from being in a coma and you are able to lift a 50-60 pound laser gun...

Huge spaceship in middle Africa and was first explored 20 years later....

Survive fusion bombs and get sidetracked by a school bus...

Your General gets killed and rather continue your mission that would take 10 seconds, you pack it in and head home.

Rebuild Earth in 20 years after 3 billion people die and all major infrastructure is ruined....
LOL i wasn't clear on whether or not the queen dying killed all of them and the ship retreated on autopilot, or if the ones in the ship were alive and just ran away. Second scenario makes ZERO sense.
Also they drilled like 30,000 miles into the earth and are like dozens of feet from cracking into the core, and that has no effect on the planet at all? The ship watching them are that close to a huge suction into a hole but aren't pulled with the water into the hole? :heh:

Personally I thought it was ok overall and might be a guilty pleasure when it comes on FX, but I'd never defend it or refute all the people who hated it

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
To be fair he was emotional in that moment clearly still thinking about his mom. The problem tho is that they never followed up on it because it would've been interesting to see how he dealt but like most things they just skated over it
nope, dude is the son of hero who would have delivered that pep talk flawlessly and in his biggest moment, he stutters, not even looking straight into the camera. In the movie, Thor's brother told him they need him to lead, that should have been the moment he sucked it up but he still emotional at the briefing. If they wanted this new crew to inherit the mantel, they should have had that dude as the living embodiment of WIll Smith.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nope, dude is the son of hero who would have delivered that pep talk flawlessly and in his biggest moment, he stutters, not even looking straight into the camera. In the movie, Thor's brother told him they need him to lead, that should have been the moment he sucked it up but he still emotional at the briefing. If they wanted this new crew to inherit the mantel, they should have had that dude at the living embodiment of WIll Smith.

I disagree. They were going for genuine emotion so he should've felt it and had that. Clearly Roland was going for that but didn't do anything with it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
nope, dude is the son of hero who would have delivered that pep talk flawlessly and in his biggest moment, he stutters, not even looking straight into the camera. In the movie, Thor's brother told him they need him to lead, that should have been the moment he sucked it up but he still emotional at the briefing. If they wanted this new crew to inherit the mantel, they should have had that dude as the living embodiment of WIll Smith.
One of my biggest issues is the fact that Thor's little brother was a completely superfluous character and all of his personality traits and storyline could have been transferred over to the Struggle Smith character without the movie suffering for it at all. Instead Struggle Smith took a backseat to Thor's little brother being the Alpha Male of the new generation crew.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Damn, they really fukked up an Independence Day sequel.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
How did that big alien in the movie fit on the ship to get there

The Mothership was 3000 miles in diameter and her personal command ship was close to twice the size of one of the OG city destroyers in 96. I won't go into further detail, but she gets seperated from her ship to go ham at Area 51.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
One of my biggest issues is the fact that Thor's little brother was a completely superfluous character and all of his personality traits and storyline could have been transferred over to the Struggle Smith character without the movie suffering for it at all. Instead Struggle Smith took a backseat to Thor's little brother being the Alpha Male of the new generation crew.
Lowkey, this is what i thought they were going to do when i first saw the trailers. it seemed obvious that without will smith, they were going to make thor's kid bro the new hot shot ace pilot, and mr. survivor's remorse was just gonna be thrown in there to fill a quota and maybe say a few lines to remind people whose son he was playing. But i don't plan on seein this movie, so i can't comment on how bad his acting truly was (tho i see a lot of consistency in the criticism) or anything other than the meh first impressions the trailers/commercials gave me.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Elaborate, please.
Will Smith was a strong lead

Instead of making his son a strong lead as well, Roland made white boy the lead. Was white boy at least a relative of Harry Connick Jr's character? No?

The first turned Hollywood conventions around with black men. Will wasn't sidekick, Harry was. He wasn't Jeff's sidekick, either.

This one rectified the black woman as sex provider, but fukked everything else up. No dynasty. Business as usual.