Independence Day Resurgence

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure what ya'll where expecting but this was exactly the amount of unprecedented fukkery I was expecting. My biggest (and really only) issue with the flick is the hilariously rushed pacing, I swear there are like fifteen major characters deaths and/or moments that get completely brushed over like it's nothing. The movie is in such a constant hurry to keep moving that it no-sells anything that happens despite the fact nearly half the world perishes in this.

I also had no idea they were bringing back so many of the OG characters. I just thought they were bringing in Gawdblum and Pullgawd but they actually brought back all those other guys you completely forgot about, that was a welcome surprise. And they introduced a whole bunch of other nonsensical fukkery characters which I loved even more. I mean, you could complain about how stupid the whole movie is but this is a movie where an African warlord armed with machetes declares in all seriousness that the aliens are best attacked from behind and the climactic battle features a gigantic alien queen armed with a giant laser gun chasing a schoolbus full of children. If you didn't check out your brain at the register it's entirely your own fault you didn't enjoy this.

On an objective scale this shyt is probably a 2/5 if you're being generous but on a fukkery entertainment scale this shyt is a 7/5 so make of that what you will.:russ:
I was just talking about this after seeing this movie and heading home. This is why movies suck now they think they have to pace them super fast for the people with short attention spans.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw the first one in theaters 20 years ago and this was pretty disappointing. I gave a c- for the action, but the practical effects in the 90s are greater than what we saw...Acting was meh and there wasn't any sense of urgency like the Warriors in Game 7....

Casting was trash, Michael B. Jordan would have been a great choice as Hiller's son, but who we got couldn't lead an army of ants, let alone an interplanetary elite fighter squad. Liam Hemsworth was cheesing for no reason and didn't have the chops to pull off being a believable piloteither.Jasmine/Julius/Whitmore/Okun was throw in there for fan service and weren't super crucial to the plot....

It was just disjointed and all over the place in terms of plot and pacing and was in the same realm of those Sci-Fi DVD movies at Walmart or the Dollar Tree....
:laff: Im in total agreement.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
this shyt was fukking awful. like W.O.A.T status :snoop:

can't think of a single thing i liked.

i wished i woulda stayed home and watched the paul rudd and selena gomez movie on netflix instead :shaq2:

To think this could be one of the worst sequels in recent history is shocking. The deaths were absolutely pointless....

Spoilers Ahead....

If anyone were to be sacrificed for the final queen battle, have the Chinese fighter pilot do it as she would have avenged her uncle on the moon instead of needlessly weighing down the film with two love arcs....

Why bring Dr. Jasmine Hiller back to do her that way? The first film dedicated quite a bit of time developing ber character and she was a hero in her own right saving the President's wife. All gone in a matter of seconds...

I wished we could have seen the President get that work in more detail as her foolish decision nearly killed the country....

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Lol....extreme fukkery
20 years of muscle atrophy from being in a coma and you are able to lift a 50-60 pound laser gun...

Huge spaceship in middle Africa and was first explored 20 years later....

Survive fusion bombs and get sidetracked by a school bus...

Your General gets killed and rather continue your mission that would take 10 seconds, you pack it in and head home.

Rebuild Earth in 20 years after 3 billion people die and all major infrastructure is ruined....

I got another one for you: have the president and the entire line of succession minus one guy all in one place. Then when they all get wiped out, you keep the newly sworn in president in the hotspot for battle

How bout the dad surviving a giant ass tsunami while being trapped with a giant ass boat or crate in front of his boat path and only be found in a damn chair unconscious as his only wound :dahell:

Funny how Thor baby bro can't knock out a alien but will did with his punch tho

Should have given Big Willie 50 million :yeshrug:

Will Couldn't save this :trash: let alone he not the same box office star he use too be
He still got star power but not as big as he use too
With all the fukked up deaths they might have killed him just touching that GIANT ASS POKEBALL

speaking of that have ur world saved my a giant ass master ball from Pokemon that can talk too u and then shyt on ur race in the process :mjlol:

Have vivic fox return from being a stripper to a head nurse or doc only to die in syfy cgi

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I literally laughed out loud at
the death of vivica a fox character
because of how awful the CGI was and how unearned it felt

Every death was unearned, breh. They killed off the president and her entire staff in a throwaway scene and had Fichtner inaugurated in the next without skipping a beat.:deadrose:

You also gotta love how everyone was related to everyone. Top talent Chinese female fighter pilot, of course she's the niece of the only other Asian on the moon. Of course the other top talent female fighter pilot who is close friends with two of the other four fighter pilots who matter is the former president's daughter as well. :deadmanny:

Jeff Goldblum's tired, confused expression when he says 'Oh, we're gonna wait for the dog?! Well, alright...' as the alien queen storms at them pretty much sums up the whole movie. :russ:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I doubt Bourne flops think it's going to be a big hit with Damon coming back.

That shyt ain't flopping everytime trailer comes on peeps be like :lawd:
Everybody been waiting on this also the damn trilogy is universally loved by everybody I ain't heard nobody hate it till I got on the coli :russ:

Not gonna be some monster hit its gonna be a hit I'm sure of that question is how much will it make if the reviews come out good gonna make even more cuz each movie got better with better ratings and more money

So I do agree with u

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It didn't matter(as we don't know the specifics), they went extinct fighting them (Harvesters). Earth was the only species that gave them a hard fight. Basically it ended like a Stargate episode

Ok so the bad aliens were called harvesters...did they show their planet? Also this AI orb...where did it come from? What did it tell the humans?

Daps
I really hated Drake from uncharted character some dam generic

Will Smith jr can't act

The original cast and the cg is the only good thing about it