Independence Day Resurgence

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This shyt was :coffee: Roland Emmerich knows how to make a gorgeous movie and even though this was bigger than the original (which isn't that good either) it's a lot flatter and seemingly moves at a snail's pace even though there's a lot going on. I know it's supposed to be ridiculous but there were moments when I was seriously confused:laff: and not in a good way. And the ending (when it finally came after a couple pump fakes) felt so anticlimactic. The first one is my cousins favorite movie and she fell asleep in this shyt and was mad when it was over:deadmanny:

The action was solid and on point, the effects were of course on point as well but everything in between just felt so wooden

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Movie was doo doo. I won't post spoilers but it was a gigantic cash grab especially that terrible ass ending line with Dr Okin :francis:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
My girl saw it and she said it's garbage. Said they should have never made a sequel. I'll probably see it for myself but I really don't have much enthusiasm for it to begin with. ID4 was a decent enough movie that didn't need a prequel or sequel and is good enough to be a standalone film.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
It was ok, but like has been said 19273379 times they didn't need a sequel to this. I liked the first but this movie needed a big up and coming likeable star l. None of the actors stood out and none of the effects really impressed me. To at least the first one felt like there was some real danger, this one always felt like they had it under control. If you wanted to see this it's a 3 out of 5 if you weren't interested there is nothing here that will change your mind.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it was better than yall gave it credit for. it was entertaining, and probably better than the first :ufdup: also, seeing it 3d probably helps the experience

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Movie was straight. Definitely liked it better than X-men and Batman vs Superman.
Bad
-Acting was pretty wack and there is nothing that makes you care whether any of the characters live or die. Cheesy lines
-Some of the movie scenes are Sharknado status, like when one of the major characters dies :mjlol:
- I'm still confused why it ended the way it did

Good
-Good fx generally outside some obvious blue screen moments
-Aliens handing out L's and they're more intimidating
-Pretty fast paced as far as action goes. They don't really build up character relationships because it's quickly on to the next scene of aliens blowing something up
-I liked the introduction of a new major character

I was entertained enough to not be pissed, and I even liked the fact they set it up for another one. If Fast & Furious can go on for 12 more movies with ridiculous plots why not ID4?:yeshrug: