In this day and age, dating is becoming an unaffordable luxury

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Current gig I'm spending a lot of time at, by far the most attractive woman (and really nice personality too) is this girl about 25 or so. She's dating a coworker who is about 30. He's average looking, really quiet, not shy but he just only talks when he needs to. I asked her a few days ago what inspired her to go with him, and she said it's the way he always treats everyone with kindness no matter who they are. On this job there's a lot of people from different backgrounds and some challenging clientele, and apparently he's just consistently a nice guy to everyone no matter who they are.

According to TLR this relationship shouldn't exist, but I see them off to the side sitting shoulder-to-shoulder or holding hands every damn chance they get.
You drive by a bus stop and see couples coming back from the grocery
But but social media makes it seem like people ain’t dating etc

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
stop dealing with materialistic gold-diggers then.

any woman turning their nose at a basic first date can get the :camby:

cuz u already know they are gonna have alligator arms when the check comes.
its not about materialistic. It actually starts with what type of dude you are.

nyggas like nice shyt too.. so if you dating someone on equal levels as you, you gonna spend

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Which reiterates points made in other threads regarding dating, that the vast majority of women are not carnally attracted to the vast majority of men.

Men at large cannot do bubble tea with women at large and be successful. At this point it's more than dinner dates that cost. Men have to spend to have a shot 95+% of the time.
Its like the music industry where people say 'don't sign a contract before a lawyer reads it.' Many labels will threaten to remove the deal if you do that because there's enough desperate people willing to sign anything for a chance at fame and fortune. The advice isn't wrong, but it isn't practical in a situation where the supply is much smaller than the demand.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dating game is fukked up I see how crazy it is with some of my single friends and my wife’s friends shyt sounds horrible. Back when I was single shyt was starting to get bad it seems like after Covid shyt got crazy.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I never seen so many younger guys complain about date costs. get ya'll weight up or dont date.

Nyggas be crying too much.

Most of yall dont even live in a big city and crying about dates.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps

nyggas like nice shyt too.. so if you dating someone on equal levels as you, you gonna spend
Yeah steakhouse dates where you both dress up >>>> coffee dates

We grown ..wtf is 100 plus for date if you both like each other

King Poetic

No Mercy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Dating has become unrealistic not affordable…

Social Media hoes who been getting fukk by athletes and old sugar daddies and even the simps who don’t get ass but wants to fit in, got women thinking they did to be getting spent $300 on for a date

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Which reiterates points made in other threads regarding dating, that the vast majority of women are not carnally attracted to the vast majority of men.

Men at large cannot do bubble tea with women at large and be successful. At this point it's more than dinner dates that cost. Men have to spend to have a shot 95+% of the time.
That’s how it should be
Are you attracted to most women ??

Fred

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

Yeah steakhouse dates where you both dress up >>>> coffee dates

We grown ..wtf is 100 plus for date if you both like each other

that shyt is fine for a woman u actually like, but ya'll talking about taking rando's there on a first date :camby:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Dating has become unrealistic not affordable…

Social Media hoes who been getting fukk by athletes and old sugar daddies and even the simps who don’t get ass but wants to fit in, got women thinking they did to be getting spent $300 on for a date
not true...

and 300.00 dates are rare. I cant remember spending 300.00 outside of an extraordinary occasion like bday or anniversary.

I live in DC and its not many places where your bill gon be 300.00 . I mean there are if you force the bill to be that much.

lets see at typical nice restaurant in DC. Not high end like say Eddie V's, but nice

drinks usually start at 17 to 18.00 2 a piece thats about 72.00

entrees usually 35 to 45 lets just say 90.00 for two on the higher end

thats 162.. tip lets say takes you to 190. Thats respectable.

Now, if you got a date that wanna do shyt after dinner, thats where I think nyggas get their pockets ripped and the complaining starts..lmao

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
that shyt is fine for a woman u actually like, but ya'll talking about taking rando's there on a first date :camby:
if she bad, you supposed to put your best foot forward. Where we supposed to go? Outback? lol

I love Outback, but I aint suggesting that for no first date.

Daps
not true...

and 300.00 dates are rare. I cant remember spending 300.00 outside of an extraordinary occasion like bday or anniversary.

I live in DC and its not many places where your bill gon be 300.00 . I mean there are if you force the bill to be that much.

lets see at typical nice restaurant in DC. Not high end like say Eddie V's, but nice

drinks usually start at 17 to 18.00 2 a piece thats about 72.00

entrees usually 35 to 45 lets just say 90.00 for two on the higher end

thats 162.. tip lets say takes you to 190. Thats respectable.

Now, if you got a date that wanna do shyt after dinner, thats where I think nyggas get their pockets ripped and the complaining starts..lmao

$190 is absurd for a first date. Realistically, how many young professional guys can do that on any kind of regular basis?

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Now that's something I think a lot of brehs skip over. Ya boy like having a decent meal and drink at a nice place too, so if I take a bytch out and the bill 150/160 that includes me. So really I spent like 75/80 on her

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Now that's something I think a lot of brehs skip over. Ya boy like having a decent meal and drink at a nice place too, so if I take a bytch out and the bill 150/160 that includes me. So really I spent like 75/80 on her
exactly

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
$190 is absurd for a first date. Realistically, how many young professional guys can do that on any kind of regular basis?
I dont do it on a regular basis. I may do those dates once a month. I have one girl that she likes to go out but it be very reasonable shyt. but its on occasion she wanna put on a nice dress and we might hit a real ncie spot like Lavie in DC. And she also cooks for us a lot. so I never mind taking her places