In this day and age, dating is becoming an unaffordable luxury

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Part of the problem is if you’ve EVER dated a woman who was like , just normal, and would occasionally pay the tab….you’ll downright resent a woman who doesn’t even think to touch her wallet

And a lot of simp ass nggas is poisoning the well bc some nggas genuinely believe ‘a woman never pays’, like a relationship or even a FRIEND. :scust:

So a bunch of women will ‘gaslight’ men on some ‘oh I don’t off to pay bc some guys will get offended’

Man when you pay for a whole date and do something minor after, like ice cream, and it don’t even cross her mind to pay THAT? :scust: Man throw that bytch A-way

This is a great point... you will feel a certian type of way about a female who dont offer to pay on any date. Thats true

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I've dated and gone out with both, who paid and didn't pay. it's a complicated subject. it's fraught with cultural and historical norms and social media now, pressures from family, all kinds of things.

I don't mind paying, I spend graciously and comfortably, but like I told someone once, I just don't like when everything feels like an obligation. Like my role. or responsibility. Plan the date. Pay the tab, call the Uber, get the drinks. Take me home. because I start to think, what is she even doing here? I'll just swap her out with the next one.

but that gets deep into the heart of gender and society enforced gender roles.

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I've dated and gone out with both, who paid and didn't pay. it's a complicated subject. it's fraught with cultural and historical norms and social media now, pressures from family, all kinds of things.

I don't mind paying, I spend graciously and comfortably, but like I told someone once, I just don't like when everything feels like an obligation. Like my role. or responsibility. Plan the date. Pay the tab, call the Uber, get the drinks. Take me home.

but that gets deep into the heart of gender and society enforced gender roles.

Totally agree

I always preach just date in your bracket. Whatever that looks like.. dont try to date up and complain.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
if a baddie is into you, she won't care where you go for the first date. I don't treat women differently based on attraction on a first date.
Talk to him.

Took one of the baddest I ever pulled to Auntie Anne's for our first real get together.

Yes, the Pretzel place at the mall.

You're more impressive if you're confident enough to be like "I'm good on that."

If she's truly bad, she's already been to the nicer spots, trust.

Bet on yourself and you'll never lose.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
And dudes would be surprised how many of them offer to go dutch or pay for the next date. It also prolly helped that I live in a town with a bunch of ain’t shyt nikkas who don’t like taking women out period so they be kinda thirsty out here
When you're putting in effort it stands out in a sea of dudes who don't wanna do anything.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Talk to him.

Took one of the baddest I ever pulled to Auntie Anne's for our first real get together.

Yes, the Pretzel place at the mall.

You're more impressive if you're confident enough to be like "I'm good on that."

If she's truly bad, she's already been to the nicer spots, trust.

Bet on yourself and you'll never lose.
Big facts.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I dont know the ages of most of you.. but most of your responses sound in the 22-27 age range with taking a girl to the mall area for get togethers and going dutch.

This not happening with career women and men. Once you guys mature and become career guys or even well to do blue collar, your views will change.

I aint saying be a trick, but a date or two a month where you put on your man pants and actually enjoy a real date where you pay for everything shouldnt be a problem.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Part of the problem is if you’ve EVER dated a woman who was like , just normal, and would occasionally pay the tab….you’ll downright resent a woman who doesn’t even think to touch her wallet

And a lot of simp ass nggas is poisoning the well bc some nggas genuinely believe ‘a woman never pays’, like a relationship or even a FRIEND. :scust:

So a bunch of women will ‘gaslight’ men on some ‘oh I don’t off to pay bc some guys will get offended’

Man when you pay for a whole date and do something minor after, like ice cream, and it don’t even cross her mind to pay THAT? :scust: Man throw that bytch A-way

exactly. my girl has picked up the tab countless times. as have I. sometimes when I come over her crib, I will bring food for everyone. sometimes she will cook or have something ordered when I get there. but I have taken her to multiple sporting events, bahamas and a trip down south I paid for. and she flew me out to florida for my birthday last year. so when she picks up the tab, I don't feel bad, cuz we are both doing it.

matter of fact, EVERY woman I have actually dated the last few years has picked up the tab some times. women who NEVER pick up the tab, I cut them off early, cuz I can spot someone who's a user immediately.

I wish I would get offended when a woman offers to pay. I've paid countless times over these decades :aicmon:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
exactly. my girl has picked up the tab countless times. as have I. sometimes when I come over her crib, I will bring food for everyone. sometimes she will cook or have something ordered when I get there. but I have taken her to multiple sporting events, bahamas and a trip down south I paid for. and she flew me out to florida for my birthday last year. so when she picks up the tab, I don't feel bad, cuz we are both doing it.

matter of fact, EVERY woman I have actually dated the last few years has picked up the tab some times. women who NEVER pick up the tab, I cut them off early, cuz I can spot someone who's a user immediately.

I wish I would get offended when a woman offers to pay. I've paid countless times over these decades :aicmon:
This..

which brings me to this girl Im dating now. We reconnected after my divorce. pretty girl, but I use to think she was so fuhking selfish when I dated her years ago. I remember we went out for my bday and I paid for the whole night. In my head, I was like damn, she didnt even buy a drink for me. Anyway, reconnecting I told her about that night and she was like" Im sooooo sorry, but I wasnt in a good space financially then". fast forward now, she makes well over six figures, owns a home, drives a Benz...

sometimes people gotta get themselves in a good space.