in the early 90's if you weren't street/thug/calling women bytches, you weren't popping -Kid N Play

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
kid n play wasn't no teenagers. them dudes were in their mid-20s when they blew up, and in their mid & late 20s respectively when house party came out.

and they didn't make child rap. they made party rap music. a brand of music that got phased out. and new jack swing rap as well, which sorta ran its course.

besides, they were supposed to fall off when they did. they were like 30. plus, i feel like they already hit their peak and it didn't help that their music became too commercial.

:francis: really, breh ???
:comeon: i meant they made teenagers type of music

how did outkast suddenly sell 10 million albums in the '90s, when in your last post you just admitted that they only sold half of that??? just 5 million off of 3 releases:mindblown:
im including sales from their hit singles / work with their own dungeon family / other collaborations

its not about me not liking anyone. its about YOU obviously being a fan of tribe and outkast, and wanting them to be seen in a certain light.

all i said was that those groups simply were not amongst the most successful rap acts of the '90s, and you accidentally proved my point when you listed their album sales. either youre trying to boost these groups on the sly, or you really don't know who the top-sellers were back then. which one is it?
although sales is an important part of ones success, it's solely not the only part
awards won, album reviews, music played on radio/video/clubs, articles written, ones fan base, received amongst peers etc... all part accounts into an artist success
with that said, take the fact there span thru time was consistent makes them one of the most successful acts in hip hop history

and for the record, outkast doesn't really cross my mind when I'm not on the internet. its really chit like this, that makes them a pet peeve of mines, when I'm posting on forums. you dudes be trying to plug their names in every discussion and try to boost them as some goats on the slick. and yall do this with no f*cks given. that chit is not cool mang.
breh
you can like who you like & dislike who you dislike
the problem is you seem to discredit their achievements base off your dislike & thats not cool mang

and who are all these rappers that sold 4 mil off one album and flopped afterwards? not many. youre playing create-a-rapper now, just to make these groups look like they were more than they were.
vanilla ice album in '91 sold around 8 million units
vanilla ice album in '94 couldn't even sell 500k

i didn't say tribe's clothing style was gay. all i said was "WHEN THEY CAME OUT, i thought they were some fakkits."
now if you want to jump into a hot tub time machine, and argue with a young wacky d from 26 years ago, then be my guest. hopefully you don't get arrested for approaching me in the process.

they were kinda suss, and it aint just me. they were being criticized by many for being too soft.

this video was very.......gay.

you posted tribe had a different look from the early 90's to the mid 90's and you thought they was on some homo shyt --- which was implied with the way they orignally dressed as being part of the native tongue

in reality bedsides their debut LP in '90 thereafter they dressed like every person in hip hop

'91 typical hip hop attire
baggy jeans, baseball jersey & fitted caps
giphy.gif

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

im including sales from their hit singles / work with their own dungeon family / other collaborations

although sales is an important part of ones success, it's solely not the only part
awards won, album reviews, music played on radio/video/clubs, articles written, ones fan base, received amongst peers etc... all part accounts into an artist success
with that said, take the fact there span thru time was consistent makes them one of the most successful acts in hip hop history

breh
the problem is you seem to discredit their achievements base off your dislike & thats not cool mang

you posted tribe had a different look from the early 90's to the mid 90's and you thought they was on some homo shyt --- which was implied with the way they orignally dressed as being part of the native tongue

in reality bedsides their debut LP in '90 thereafter they dressed like every person in hip hop

'91 typical hip hop entire
giphy.gif

Great post.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Did I say this isn't gay? This gay as hell too ... Yea you go rock that afrocentric long dress shyt Q-Tip was rocking
:what: I guess these nikkas rockin some long dress homo shyt too huh?
5d1d29578b9e50f10533cb5d79e106ca--african-clothing-for-men-nigerian-clothing.jpg

Smh. U admit it's Afrocentric but call it homo at the same time? Disrepectful ass lil nikkas these days man.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

breh

'91 typical hip hop entire

you referred to kid n play as teenage rappers in your previous post. you thought they were teenagers. just admit it. I thought they were teenagers/early 20s for a long time myself, before I found out they were the same age as my parents. YOU AINT GOTTA LIE TO KICK IT.

they didn't just make music for teenagers. lol. theyre from the '80s & made party music. they had a large base of fans their age & older.

AGAIN, I never said anything about tribe's clothes. why do you keep trying to force this argument? I simply said that I thought they were some fakkits when they came out, and you've been trying to argue with me about their clothes ever since. this whole entire exchange is bizarre.

I asked you who were ALL of these artists that did huge numbers then flopped on the next album. I'm waiting for some sort of list and you gave me just one example in vanilla ice. the most generic go-to example, and that's it.

as for this outkast stuff, I don't discredit anybody's achievements. I even said that they were successful. I simply said that they weren't amongst the most successful acts of the '90s. youre just mad that I don't sit on my hands when I see people trying to push agendas. I keep telling yall, I don't care about no outkast. the only time yall see me talking about them is when yall try to rewrite history. if yall stop doing that, then you wont see me talking about them much at all. I'm not even talking about them in a negative light in this thread, and I usually don't speak bad of them actually.

DOG, you str8 listed their actual album sales, which totaled 5 million. then when I said, that's not nearly enough, you came back in the next post and said they sold 10 million ALBUMS. now ur claiming that you were including singles when you clearly used the word "ALBUMS". and for the record, their singles catalog wasnt all that big either breh. and now youre reaching for straws, trying to include industry props, and how much promotion they got from the huge laface/arista machine and chit like that; which means nothing to the conversation.

and I'm gonna start calling out all these people that are patting you on the back. I gotta call out @IllmaticDelta for continuously dapping you, knowing that youre bullchittin, all because he likes outkast. stuff like this is why this board fell off. yall need to man up and cut the chit.

@spliz too, talembout "great post". now if youre cosigning the tribe portion where he was arguing with someone else, then just quote that part. but you quoted his entire post, so you gotta get called out too.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
kast
'94 southernplayer.... - plat
'96 ATliens - 2x plat
'98 aquemini - 2x plat

again, i know your not a outkast fan but they sold roughly 10 million albums from their 90's catalog, so i only assume your not talking bout them & more about ATCQ

and this is the chit that these muphukkas will dap, cosign, say "great post".

or they'll act like they didn't read it, then try to save face by arguing with me about some chit that I didn't say.

this board disgusts me half the time. MAN UP!!!!!:scust:

Last edited:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
It's not true and nothing more than an excuse they made up for them falling off / their brand of music being phased out for gangsta rap house party music.

MC Hammer didn't have to do that. He was the most popular rapper, sales wise, in the 90s.

Queen Latifah had a popular song that literally was telling people NOT to call women a bytch. Granted I know it was a response to MANY people saying it but pointing out that there was popularity outside of doing that.

Sir Mix A lot wasn't a thug and didn't need to call women bytches to be popular.

What about Heavy D?

Will Smith?