In My Opinion, Most People Aren’t Transphobic. Transwomen Who Want To Be Viewed The Same As Cisgender Women Are The Problem.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
it-is-maam-its-maam.gif

Did you get checked by a brolic tranny OP? Sounds like you really mean it :dame:
shyt will never not be funny

YOU WANNA SEE A SIR, let's step outside, i'll show you a SIR

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
How many times must we debate this?! Transwomen are women. It’s really a very simple concept to grasp. To deny a transwoman her womanhood is to deny her of her humanity.
Shut yo bytch ass up
So simple u don’t Grasp it

Boy become man
Girl become woman

No in between.
Very simple concept to grasp

KGlock

All Star
Daps
These alphabet people live some in ya'lls head rent free :mjlol:
I don't even think about them until you fools bring em up, which is like a daily occurrence.:beli:

It ain't like cacs and their adjacents that makeup 55-60% of the population and have no choice but to deal with them unless you in a heavy black populated city. These transformers make up like .7% of the population, they have no bearing on my day to day life to be fixated or concerned with them.:yeshrug:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Why do y'all constantly have this on your minds?
These alphabet people live some in ya'lls head rent free :mjlol:
I don't even think about them until you fools bring em up, which is like a daily occurrence.:beli:

It ain't like cacs and their adjacents that makeup 55-60% of the population and have no choice but to deal with them unless you in a heavy black populated city. These transformers make up like .7% of the population, they have no bearing on my day to day life to be fixated or concerned with them.:yeshrug:
Its a pretty big topic nationwide/on social media unless you have your head completely buried in the sand. Not sure why someone asks this every thread.

Example: Current best selling game in a very long time, has had major social media criticism because the creator of the franchise its based on, the lmnop community thinks shes transphobic (shes not).

My twitter algorithm is mostly sports and video games. But this subject gets brought up in both pretty frequently. Rather its a game like hogwarts or cause gavin newsom is passing laws to allow trans women play female sports, etc.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
it’s because they can’t get over the fact that we don’t want to date them.

despite the fact i don’t hate transwomen, acknowledge and respect their existence, and want them to be free from the attacks by those attempting to oppress them, they will still call me a transphobe because i refuse to date any “woman” who was born with a penis.

and this is the single biggest obstacle preventing cisgendered people to support their cause, imo.

:francis:
Real talk, MEN are going to have to save the day. Men have to say that they do not want to be with transwomen. They blame US for y’all not wanting them 🤣

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Nothing is taking away from u being a woman. Let's not also reduce womanhood to having a womb.
It is huge part of womanhood.

Whether one chooses not to or doesn’t have the ability to carry a child doesn’t make the existence of the uterus and other female specific organs any less important.

Female and male sex organs are different and literally are the way we differentiate between the SEXES.

Manhood isn’t reduced to a penis but you damn sure won’t walk into a room filled with men and tell them what is or isn’t important about MANHOOD

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
those people are already persecuting black people and have been doing so since time immemorial.

:pachaha:
Thank you!

Fukk out of here. I’m black and a WOMAN so I will feel however the fukk I feel about the topic.

They say it isn’t a big deal, but I’m expected to change the way I and billions of others are told to change the way we identify ourselves and relate to the experiences of GIRLHOOD and WOMANHOOD.

Birthing person
Person who menstruates
Cis-gendered

Naw fukk all that.

Daps
so, i’d like to first preface this by saying that i’m fully supportive of the trans community, finding the recent movement targeting them to be appalling. trans rights are human rights.

now, with that said, i’m warming to the idea that most people who’re regarded as “transphobic” aren’t.

there’s no denying that there’s significant demographic overlap when it comes to what’s arguably transphobic: republicans and democrats, whites and blacks, rich and poor, etc.

i believe the fundamental reason that transphobia is becoming a mainstream, almost publicly acceptable, form of “hate” is because the trans community takes respect of their identity and defense of their human right to life a step further than the cis community is willing to go.

most cis people, imo, especially those on the left, don’t hate trans people or wish them any harm. in fact, most, although probably ignorant and confused about what it means to be trans, want to understand this new phenomenon (yes, i understand trans people have always existed, but they are only now becoming part of the zeitgeist).

what i think divides the majority of cis people, particularly cisgender males, from the trans community is the latter’s insistence that they be viewed in the same light as their cisgender counterparts.

and, most cisgender men simply aren’t willing to do that. nor, imo, should they have to. and because of that disconnect, cisgender people who would otherwise be strong allies are being painted as “transphobic,” an unfair charge that is creating animosity towards the trans community.

if trans people would stop arguing that they must occupy the same space as their cisgender counterparts in the sphere of dating, their community would face far less transphobia.

:yeshrug:
Good points.

I think most people are comfortable with female to male trans folks because there's this idea of women being (generally speaking) physically weaker than men. So a female takes her physiology and steps over to the male side. Even with weight lifting, good diet and hormones, she'll be on par with an average man AT BEST in terms of strength, mass etc.

The male to female trans folks get more hate because there's this belief that they want to game the system in some way. If they go through a full transformation (cutting off parts, lots of hormones etc) folks are a bit more understanding. If they look like LeBron James but change up their hair/clothing without any other change.....that's where people get uncomfortable.

A female becoming a man is at a physical disadvantage versus other men....so the thinking is that she's not taking advantage of anyone because she can't.

A male becoming a female would be at a decided advantage against most women...so we assume there's some potential for predatory behavior. Not to mention athletic endeavors where guys become female but haven't undergone any major transformation. Imagine Giannis coming out as trans and going to the WNBA....but only changing his hair and clothing.

Not speaking on what's right or wrong but how we perceive each trans identity has a major impact on the national discourse.