In Lieu of The Force Awakens, I want to watch the Star Wars Movies for the 1st time:watching ep1

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I watched the originals in the 90's cause my white friends put me on it and they were showing them again in the theaters. By 1999 I was getting into hip-hop more so I didn't care for those prequels when they came out. Now that I'm 31 I watch the originals more. I keep saying I'll watch the prequels, but end up watching the originals again. Only reason I wanna see TFA is cause the OG characters are in it and it takes place after Return of The Jedi.

timeout timeout...you're saying that getting into hip hop meant you couldn't be into star wars? man that's news to me cause I was a hip hop FIEND in 99 as a 13 year old. Still loved star wars

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I watched the originals in the 90's cause my white friends put me on it and they were showing them again in the theaters. By 1999 I was getting into hip-hop more so I didn't care for those prequels when they came out. Now that I'm 31 I watch the originals more. I keep saying I'll watch the prequels, but end up watching the originals again. Only reason I wanna see TFA is cause the OG characters are in it and it takes place after Return of The Jedi.
understood, we about the same age, I know you get into other shyt once high school etc hits..just wasnt on the agenda I guess..Id def go back and watch em tho, 2 and 3 aint bad....its the first one that is terrible...

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
2 is just flat and has no pulse
yeah, its been a while since I seen it, I thought it was ok, really did like 3 tho, how all the shyt breaks down..thats why I think @Uncle_Ruckus needs to see em, the whole breakdown of the jedi I thought was done very well, and the turn to the darkside......1 is the only one Id consider "bad" and even back then I liked it cause it was a new star wars.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah, its been a while since I seen it, I thought it was ok, really did like 3 tho, how all the shyt breaks down..thats why I think @Uncle_Ruckus needs to see em, the whole breakdown of the jedi I thought was done very well, and the turn to the darkside......1 is the only one Id consider "bad" and even back then I liked it cause it was a new star wars.

Yeah there's a nice theme of the jedi order breaking down either through their own arrogance or just having their heads up their asses

Daps
Reppin
NYC
as time goes on (and if the new trilogy is good) there will be less and less reasons for anyone to watch the prequels.

assume episodes 7,8 and 9 are all piff. when someone says "hey what order should I watch them in"... you're gonna tell them to watch the 3 shytty movies first? why? just start at ANH and go straight into TFA. no reason to go back and watch 8 hours of prologue and filler.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Definitely remember the hype for the prequels tho, they made pod racing look ace. Darth maul and Hayden cristansen were everywhere :ohlawd:

Still remember that episode one poster with the kid anakin and the Darth Vader shadow. I almost bought into the hype. :wow:

Wasn't until years later that I learned that they (allegedly) sucked.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
understood, we about the same age, I know you get into other shyt once high school etc hits..just wasnt on the agenda I guess..Id def go back and watch em tho, 2 and 3 aint bad....its the first one that is terrible...
:salute:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
timeout timeout...you're saying that getting into hip hop meant you couldn't be into star wars? man that's news to me cause I was a hip hop FIEND in 99 as a 13 year old. Still loved star wars
Hang with a bunch of hip-hop heads that wanna be rappers breh. Those prequels were the last thing on our mind back then. I didn't get outta may rapping faze till I was like 21. Only started watching SW again when I was like 25. I'll watch the prequels eventually. Just hard to find time these days.

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
as time goes on (and if the new trilogy is good) there will be less and less reasons for anyone to watch the prequels.

assume episodes 7,8 and 9 are all piff. when someone says "hey what order should I watch them in"... you're gonna tell them to watch the 3 shytty movies first? why? just start at ANH and go straight into TFA. no reason to go back and watch 8 hours of prologue and filler.
Exactly. I never was THAT much of a Star Wars nerd to get into those prequels and clone wars stuff.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hang with a bunch of hip-hop heads that wanna be rappers breh. Those prequels were the last thing on our mind back then. I didn't get outta may rapping faze till I was like 21. Only started watching SW again when I was like 25. I'll watch the prequels eventually. Just hard to find time these days.

Wanted to rap too breh lol. Guess it didn't matter to us. I always looked at it like this; the things I'm into outside of hip hop will make me a better rapper. And it did. Plus if if its good enough for method man it's good enough for me. Wu is my shyt and they're all into star wars. Along with nas and redman etc so the stuff I listened to was just egging me on

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

Should've combined both...sample some Star Wars and shyt

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Wanted to rap too breh lol. Guess it didn't matter to us
Breh, when I found out The Phantom Menace was coming out I didnt know what to think. Then people were saying it was bad and that Lucas sold out the OG's. And those days I was mostly watching hood flicks and smack dvds. I was like Drake in a sense. A mixed hiphop head hiding my inner nerd. lol If I went back in time though and loved SW as much as I do now I would have copped tickets. Weird. Those LOTR movies made me get into fantasy movies again.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh, when I found out The Phantom Menace was coming out I didnt know what to think. Then people were saying it was bad and that Lucas sold out the OG's. And those days I was mostly watching hood flicks and smack dvds. I was like Drake in a sense. A mixed hiphop head hiding my inner nerd. lol If I went back in time though and loved SW as much as I do now I would have copped tickets. Weird. Those LOTR movies made me get into fantasy movies again.

Ahhh I see. Well as my ex girlfriend pointed out to me on 50 fukkin occasions, I knew exactly who I was when I was 13, which was a jock/nerd/smartass lo. But I can understand why you didn't see it because you missed the hype. But I also don't know what middle school or high school freshmen were talking about it being a sell out of the original movies. I mean, does stuff like that even register at 13 or 14?

But it's probably also just different cultures. You're in Canada, I was in the states on my east coast shyt. And really didn't give a damn what anyone said or thought. That was probably peak "I don't give a fukk" stage too