In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: and what are the flaws of season 2?

Carrie still being in the CIA. Her still working with Brody. Another asset committing suicide while under CIA watch. The Dana/car subplot. The Mike/crippled dude snooping subplot. The show basically turning into "24".

Nothing major really. Season 2 just ain't on the same level as season 1. It's not even the same show really. Season 1 was a psychological thriller, season 2 is "24" on premium cable.

You know how Nas dropped "Illmatic", and since then his die hard fans have wanted another one, but it's impossible to recreate? That's basically this show. Still dope, but there is only ever 1 "Illmatic" in a person's career.

Fred.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
DYING!

i was smh at how naive he is that whole episode.

He really does nothing but play videogames. he's more worthless than walt jr
Its hilarious. His dad has been away his ENTIRE life. And even when he pops back into the picture, bam! Hes gone again and now his entire family unit is disintegrating before his little eyes.

Yet, he plays Skylanders in his room for days on end and no fukks are given :whoo:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i still think theres a lot of psycho thriller in the show, mainly that we dont know whats going through the heads of brody - whose side hes on

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Carrie still being in the CIA. Her still working with Brody. Another asset committing suicide while under CIA watch. The Dana/car subplot. The Mike/crippled dude snooping subplot. The show basically turning into "24".

Nothing major really. Season 2 just ain't on the same level as season 1. It's not even the same show really. Season 1 was a psychological thriller, season 2 is "24" on premium cable.

You know how Nas dropped "Illmatic", and since then his die hard fans have wanted another one, but it's impossible to recreate? That's basically this show. Still dope, but there is only ever 1 "Illmatic" in a person's career.

Fred.

Fair enough. My only issue is that the story appears to be moving too fast...which could possibly lead them to writing themselves into a corner down the road.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Fair enough. My only issue is that the story appears to be moving too fast...which could possibly lead them to writing themselves into a corner down the road.

Since Brody is the story, it doesn't feel like that, the reveals have been golden so far. You feel the show is moving along because the focus has shifted from Brody being incogni, to him being out in the open and an CIA asset. Nothing good can come from being a CIA asset, Claire knows that and that's why everything feels hopeless for Brody.

Makes you wonder how far down the rabbit hole we can go, since there is so much back story involved between Estes, Saul, and Dar Adul. It feels like Charlie's Wilson war with Saul being like my boy Gust Avrakotos, an old head that sees past all the games. Especially since Saul has years of experience, he's been doing it before Carrie was born so we gonna get more insight into the CIA. Virgil feels like another Company Man, and he's been money since season 1.

I don't see how people comparing this to 24, the action has been at a lower level and it doesn't have the same urgent feel of a Jack Bauer mission. It feels more like a show about The Company (another name for CIA), Company Men and all the intrigue involved. 24 was pretty low on intrigue and high on action.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Since Brody is the story, it doesn't feel like that, the reveals have been golden so far. You feel the show is moving along because the focus has shifted from Brody being incogni, to him being out in the open and an CIA asset. Nothing good can come from being a CIA asset, Claire knows that and that's why everything feels hopeless for Brody.

Makes you wonder how far down the rabbit hole we can go, since there is so much back story involved between Estes, Saul, and Dar Adul. It feels like Charlie's Wilson war with Saul being like my boy Gust Avrakotos, an old head that sees past all the games. Especially since Saul has years of experience, he's been doing it before Carrie was born so we gonna get more insight into the CIA. Virgil feels like another Company Man, and he's been money since season 1.

I don't see how people comparing this to 24, the action has been at a lower level and it doesn't have the same urgent feel of a Jack Bauer mission. It feels more like a show about The Company (another name for CIA), Company Men and all the intrigue involved. 24 was pretty low on intrigue and high on action.

Alex Gansa the creator of the show said certain shyt, like the shoot out in the tailor's shop, felt too much like "24".

And "24" wasn't all action. There was large gaps between Jack Bauer going around killing people, that focused on the politics of his job, and/or shyt that had nothing to do with the main story line. Like the aforementioned Kim Bauer/mountain lion shyt.

Fred.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Alex Gansa the creator of the show said certain shyt, like the shoot out in the tailor's shop, felt too much like "24".

And "24" wasn't all action. There was large gaps between Jack Bauer going around killing people, that focused on the politics of his job, and/or shyt that had nothing to do with the main story line. Like the aforementioned Kim Bauer/mountain lion shyt.

Fred.

Its hard to compare CTE to the CIA. Also, Bauer completed his mission in 24 hours.

This story spans over different Continents and several decades, and it has some serious players in this show like Saul, Estes, and Dar Adul. I really feel this show is more about Company Men, than about a counter terrorist agent (Jack Bauer).