In Carrie we trust - Homeland Season 2 thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bauer completed his missions in 24 hours because that's the whole premise of the show. The content this season....Black Op assassins, the CIA's incompetence handling assets/security, a seasonal terrorist "bad guy", an action movie style shootout in broad day light....hell, even trying to guess who the mole is, is straight outta "24".

All 3 people involved with the creation of this show....Chip Johannessen, Alex Gansa, and Howard Gordon....are from "24". The reason the first season isn't like "24" is because it's based on season 1 of an Isreali series called "Hatufim". The second season is the first time they've had to come up with ideas on their own.

And of course the show is about company men....there is no Jack Bauer. If "24" didn't have Bauer it would focus on all the CIA people doing the leg work.....just like this show.

Fred.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Agreed. In the moment/season, '24' was fantastic - for the most part. Just stepping back and imaging anything like that happening in a literal 24 time period is :mindblown:

I've never had the urge to revisit any of '24'....while there have been several episodes of Homeland I've watched twice already.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
It's a much less ridiculous version of '24' though. Homeland's foundation is still in the characters and their relationships, while '24' was 99% plot.

This is why I liked Charlie Wilson's War and Homeland, it took out the allure of being a CIA agent, and showed the daily grind involved. Sometimes the agent is like Saul in his office late eating a cold sandwich.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
This is why I liked Charlie Wilson's War and Homeland, it took out the allure of being a CIA agent, and showed the daily grind involved. Sometimes the agent is like Saul in his office late eating a cold sandwich.

..............while also sittin' back in his chair, listening to Carrie get excavated by a terrorist:smugfavre:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
sohh we really gonna act like chris brody aint a goon when nobodies around? :usure:

:dahell: Whose out here denying Chris' G? Whoever that is I feel bad for that nikka. May he rest in peace after Chris da gawd gets through with him. Chris is from the Todd school of hard knocks. Murder game on a hundred thousand trillion. Run up on nikkas, wrist frozen with the desert eagle in the same palm, a gorgeous killer :wow: They've filled cemeteries with the bodies he's caught. The second the CIA lets them go home he's robbing those Vizio's, early. Flip those shyts for a little dough and blow it all at Magic City. :steviej: Chris is a wild nikka. He cops and crash whips. Dude is a b*stard. He hides that shyt well though. Plays like he's all about his breakfast like Walt Jr, has his little activities like karate, but why do you think he's taking karate in the first place? He's getting his hand game up to save that ammunition. It's easy to clap nikkas. :shaq2: My dude's tryna yoke nikkas up and get his Anderson Silva on too. Dude's ground and pound, no homo :whoa:, is immaculate. He's got submission for days too. His name rings bells in those D.C streets. I don't know if y'all heard about Wale getting his chain took back in the day...who y'all think did that? :mjpls: H's gonna be extorting that nikka RG3 soon enough. He already has John Wall paying him protection money.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
It's a much less ridiculous version of '24' though. Homeland's foundation is still in the characters and their relationships, while '24' was 99% plot.

although late in 24's run this turned out to be true, remember this is only the SECOND season of homeland and were already drawing comparisons. 24 had 8 long seasons, perhaps 2 more than it shoulda been, and in its 2nd season it was top notched crack entertainment. hell like homeland, the show even won an emmy for best drama. those first 4-5 seasons were certified greatness (IMO). it was the 6th season where the showed began falling back, season 8 at the least finished off solid i felt but those first 5 seasons were fantastic.

ppl need to watch those first seasons of 24 i feel they are heavily forgotten in todays tv dramas. Jack Bauer needs to make a special appearance on this show, i would have a nerdgasm if such things could be done lol

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know someone's gonna come through and drop that streaming link right....right?