In all seriousness, what do you think the black community will look like in a 100 years? 500?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
The deconstruction of the black family is too far along to change unless something drastic happens and even then, I posit it would be due to policy then culture.

The destruction of the Black family is driving out of wedlock births, not interracial marriage. All these single mothers are still largely having kids with Black men. Look at the link I posted in the last line of my first post. In the South the rates of Black men and women having kids together are 90%+ in many areas. Any areas with a major Black population aren't going to swirl out like that. In Cali, Arizona, Oregon, etc. though I can see it happening.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
. Stop projecting this Marcus Garvey purity shyt. That nikka had a mixed wife and died broke anyway.
amy-garvey-1-300x280.jpg

Charlotte Henrietta was half-white, and George Samuel was a dark-skinned Black man (parents.)

amy_ashwood_garvey.jpg

Amy Ashwood was born in Port Antonio, Jamaica, on 10 January 1897,[2] the only daughter of the three children of businessman Michael Delbert Ashwood and his wife, Maudriana Thompson.[3] As a child, Amy was told by her grandmother that she was of Ashanti descent. She was also of Indian descent.[4][5]

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see us in the exact same place one hundred from now. Both domestically and abroad. Irregardless of what we do on a local or micro level , we cant ignore the gigantic global forces with their feet on our neck.

However, 500 years from now i think we'd have an oppourtunity as the surrounding global power structures shift. The brittish empire had a little more than 400 years of dominance, but was ended by a power shift in ww2 . Our current empire has no more than a hundred years left at about 300years of existence since 1776.

I dont think there is anything we can do to hasten the process so its really just a waiting game. All empires since mesopatamea either rot from inside or collapse under the weight of expansion . Which is why im personally opposed to "the struggle" on our part. Its time wasting. I take the view point that any struggle on black peoples part will be a hollow, short lived victory like the maccabee rebellion in rome, or dare i say haiti's independece movement. There needs to be dysfunction on par with Persia during Darius III 's reign or China during the opium wars for black people to get wiggle room.

You sound so sure that there is a 500 years from now:mjlol:

What if what you are in right now is a simulation,and this is it? This idea of pushing the buck to a following generation that may not exist is a fallacy.

But if everything is what it seems. Every generation of black people is more assimilated,and more comfortable in white supremacy. The fact yall think following generations are going to be more vigilant,and rebel more is a misnomer.

Nobodys coming to help you,no generation is going to be more intelligent or more determined. Its on YOU/US in this life cycle#TheBuckStopsHere. Or you will be assimilated,simple.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
I've lived in Brazil. A large chunk of the 'mulatto' class is not people with a White parent but people who don't want to call themselves Black per Brazilian social norms. 75% or so of the mulattoes in Brazil would be Black in the US based on appearance and ancestral lineage.

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
You should be worried more about your salvation than stuff that won't concern you

you're right

we should definitely be worried about the kingdom of heaven instead of building a kingdom for our descendants that will come behind us.

fukk our descendants

I feel you.... thats powerful stuff bro.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
If we’re keeping it a buck, Gen X fukked everything up and we’ll probably never recover from the damage they caused (gangs, drugs, homicides, broken families, anti-intellectualism, gangsta rap, etc.) :manny:
Yep. Gen X destroyed everything the previous generations built.

They also raised the WOAT black people with Gen Z.