In 2018 can we finally admit that Toby Mcguire was the GOAT spiderman?

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tobey was corny

i dont mind the new kid hes growing into his role, only thing i dont like about the new kid there not really using his smarts like peter parker did

Spiderman is supposed to be corny, its literally part of his character :snoop:

that's like saying "The hulk is dumb :gucci:"

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Yeah he was.

FlashThompsonAmazingFantasyV1No15.jpg

This the real PP

latest

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Spiderman is supposed to be corny, its literally part of his character :snoop:

that's like saying "The hulk is dumb :gucci:"

Corny in a self deprecating way and knowingly corny. Peter knows he’s corny at times and is cool with it. Tobey didn’t play it that way. He played it corny but as a guy who has no clue how corny it is and that comes off as sad

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait so seriously, how are Tom Holland’s spiderman’s One liners better than Tobey’s Spider-Man’s? Like does anyone have a list that stacks up? I’m objectively asking.

From my understanding, Peter has a very hard life, in fact it is downright depressing from all the ish he goes through. The general bright spot is him making jokes as Spider-man but overall I don’t know how you expect to tell Spider-Man’s stories without it getting dark and forcing the audience to se the emotional complexities of that. This is something that the Garfield movies failed to do without being subtle and doubtful that the Holland movies will be able to touch. The only way I can see the Holland movies touching Spider-Man 2, is if Holland’s Spider-Man after the events of Avengers 4 and what he went through in Avengers 3 does a 180 for his character and makes him take his responsibility much more seriously.

I think it’s a disservice to crown Holland a king when he’s only had 1 movie to himself and serviceable cameos in two others while not having to face the same insurmountable odds that Tobey’s Peter Parker had to face.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Wait so seriously, how are Tom Holland’s spiderman’s One liners better than Tobey’s Spider-Man’s? Like does anyone have a list that stacks up? I’m objectively asking.

From my understanding, Peter has a very hard life, in fact it is downright depressing from all the ish he goes through. The general bright spot is him making jokes as Spider-man but overall I don’t know how you expect to tell Spider-Man’s stories without it getting dark and forcing the audience to se the emotional complexities of that. This is something that the Garfield movies failed to do without being subtle and doubtful that the Holland movies will be able to touch. The only way I can see the Holland movies touching Spider-Man 2, is if Holland’s Spider-Man after the events of Avengers 4 and what he went through in Avengers 3 does a 180 for his character and makes him take his responsibility much more seriously.

I think it’s a disservice to crown Holland a king when he’s only had 1 movie to himself and serviceable cameos in two others while not having to face the same insurmountable odds that Tobey’s Peter Parker had to face.

Tobey doesn’t have great comedic timing, Holland and Garfield do. That’s the main difference. It’s not even just the one liners but holland as Spider-Man doesn’t stop talking. Tobey played him as a mute. I never felt the joy from Spider-Man that you referenced when he was in the suit outside of a few moments in movie 1. Yes being Spider-Man is a burden for him at times but it doesn’t always have to be.

The overall darkness and quality of the movies aren’t what I’m discussing because the rami movies and the Webb movies touched on material that homecoming didn’t. It’s a much lighter movie compared to the five that came before it and that’s a choice; not all Spider-Man stories are depressing. Some of them are light and airy while others are more foreboding and serious. That’s the beauty of the character. But even in that he rarely loses his sense of humor since it keeps him sane. Tobey’s Peter never seemed to have that sense of humor.

I’d say he learned at the end of homecoming to take his responsibility more seriously just based on the fact he confronted the vulture and damn near died trying to stop him. He gets it. It’s why he told stark at the end that the neighborhood needs protecting as well and he couldn’t be an avenger.

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I never got the casting for MJ in those movies.

Mary Jane was supposed to be a badd azz fine bytch.
son

MJ used to talk nasty to that nikka peter in the cartoon too :mjgrin:
plus they had her wearing them painted on jeans :wow:

she was a sexy feak ass bish

even in the ultimate spider man comics she was badder than that dunce bish non natural red head ass bish :camby:

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
The Venom storylines could had beenbe trilogy.

Spiderman 3 - black suit Spiderman and Pete getting rid of it.

Spiderman 4 - Eddie Brock becomes Venom and is the Villan of the movie. Venom should have its own movie and his own storyline. Not playing sidekick to sand man.

Spiderman 5 - Carnage comes into play, and Venom and Spiderman has to team up and save the world.

Instead they gave us Spiderman 3 just like DC rushed and gave us BvS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League without the proper origins movies for those classic characters.

Idk if you brehs were gamers back in the day but the Spider-Man game separation anxiety (it was based off a comic story line) was exactly like this. This company called the life foundation was harnessing the symbiotes from venom to make super soldiers, he escaped and Spider-Man found him in a alley. Then they teamed up

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
son

MJ used to talk nasty to that nikka peter in the cartoon too :mjgrin:
plus they had her wearing them painted on jeans :wow:

she was a sexy feak ass bish

even in the ultimate spider man comics she was badder than that dunce bish non natural red head ass bish :camby:

Bruh, there was a scene in the comics where Peter had to do something the next day and he was like he couldnt go to sleep and he tried everything and MJ was like thats not a problem, it's an easy fix and shawty started to undress on Q
:wow:

To keep it 1000 she prolly the most thurl non superpowered in the comics

She a model and actress, breaded up
:win:

She knew bruh identity and never ratted,
:demonic:

even being a hostage numerous times
Always held it down, no matter the situation

:salute:
And she stay with the toolie and will pop sum quick
:wow:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
1 note Tobey Maguire? He had one thing and that was he looked like Peter Parker

1) Breh had one expression on his face as Peter
2) Jokes were corny and not even funny
3) Was outshined by his villains in every movie.

I'd even rate Garfield above him.

:camby: