In 2018 can we finally admit that Toby Mcguire was the GOAT spiderman?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
This the real PP

latest
No it isn't. :umad:

Daps
Reppin
Avengers infinity war spider Man is the best spider Man ... He was going one on one with Thanos and his goons like they were the usual thugs he fights in the city of NY

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Yo fam, I thought about sum wild

Aunt may and Captain America technically around the same age right? He might got her by 8, 9 years.

I bet he smashed

:russ:

cap was outta commission for a long ass time. he would have never had the chance to meet her

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I just watched the 2nd Garfield Spiderman. That dude was horrible, he was all over teh place. I liked the Spiderman quipping, but he was the wrong guy for the role. Any scene with him out of the suit was meh.

Toby McGuire was the closest to pulling it off, but he was a weak actor whenever he had to do more than play his normal awkward self.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Peter parkers life is supposed to be one of constant tradegy due to his actions/inaction.

He aint supposed to be happy and upbeat all the time.

New spiderman isnt spiderman, its avengers-lite.

Toby>all

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Toby was cool at the time. On repeat viewings 20 years later, it's dated and to me, he's not even a good Peter Parker or Spider-Man. Even Kirsten Dunst, who I don't think is ugly, isn't a good fit for Mary Jane Watson. Mary Jane is supposed to be that chick that someone like Peter isn't supposed to get. That makes people wonder why did she choose to be with him. Best example, Beyonce and Jay-Z. But in the Raimi movies, Peter and MJ look like a couple that belong together.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Toby was cool at the time. On repeat viewings 20 years later, it's dated and to me, he's not even a good Peter Parker or Spider-Man. Even Kirsten Dunst, who I don't think is ugly, isn't a good fit for Mary Jane Watson. Mary Jane is supposed to be that chick that someone like Peter isn't supposed to get. That makes people wonder why did she choose to be with him. Best example, Beyonce and Jay-Z. But in the Raimi movies, Peter and MJ look like a couple that belong together.

MJ is also supposed to be more than a damsel in distress. my issue with her in the movie has nothing to do with her looks and everything to do with how that character is written. they took away all of MJ's agency, fire, wit, and free spirit. She's the woman who says "no, I don't need you to save me but if you want to, sure."

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
the Toby was OK if I have to choose Tom is the best. The middle guy got the worst Spiderman movies from all aspects but it was like the visuals look older than the Toby flicks. I dunno how they went backwards.

Disagree. Andrew gets that character, both sides of him, much better than Toby. He has an innate understanding of Peter and what makes Peter who he is. Tom has it to a degree too but Andrew nails the guy better than the three of then with Tom coming the closest after him