In 2018 can we finally admit that Toby Mcguire was the GOAT spiderman?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Andrew Garfield is the best Spider-man. Tobey was a creepy weirdo who just stared at people awkwardly all the time. Peter Parker was never like that. Tom Holland is better, but he comes across as too twitchy and over excited and that annoys me a little bit. Garfield's spider-man felt like a loner while still seeming cool and witty
Peter parker isnt supposed to be cool. Hes a dork.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Peter parker isnt supposed to be cool. Hes a dork.
Counter to that. Peter starts as a dork and grows into being a cool guy. He always sticks out and has his weirdness because thats who he is, but once be gets his group of friends (Flash, Harry, MJ, Gwen, etc) and gets a motorcycle and starts living with Harry during college, he grows out of that awkward dork phase and becomes a normal guy. well as normal as Peter could be anyway. I mean shyt, the guy ends up becoming Tony's protege, gets his doctorate, and starts his own business.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Dont get me wrong: MCU Spidey is a extremely sanitized version of Spider Man.

The bullies arent as brutal.

Aunt May isnt a sickly old lady but a goddamn cougar :whew: and knows about Peter as Spider Man.

The Parkers don't seem to be poor or struggling.

He has Stark Enterprises and the Avengers as resources

And LOL at how uncle ben got thrown in the bushes so Stark can be the dead dad figure

Theres an argument that MCU Spidey doesnt embody the struggle like past iterations, but with that said Holland still is the best performer imo

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Toby was only good when there was noone else to compare him too...

Tom Holland is wayyyyyyyyyy better.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Toby was only good when there was noone else to compare him too...

Tom Holland is wayyyyyyyyyy better.

Yall know nothing of Spiderman.

Tom holland blew up that asain ladies shop and slept like a baby that night.

Toby woulds been distraught or some shyt.

Tom Holland Spiderman only sad when we cant talk to mj or ironman. The emotional depth of his chacter is like a bottle of capri sun

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I agree Toby the GOAT.

only people who disagree don’t know acting

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
As someone else said

Toby was less like the comics and more of a real life adaption. By that I mean, if a college/high school dude who has been a loser most of his life really became Spider-Man, Toby is who he would be. The latest kid is more like the comics and Andrew was a split between someone trying to adjust to being a hero and someone trying to still live his confused life